The state of the UK

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: The state of the UK

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:10 am

I dont take pleasure Jim but I just report the consequences of a very bad corrupt decision. The consequences are relentless and are constantly reported. I just so glad I made my decision 50 years ago. It is their pure arrogance that has been finally exposed. The UK is not the most corrupt country according to the 2020 transparency index but compared to the rest of Europe it does present a dodgy background.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:22 am

One law for the rich; Chumocracy in action:

Why are foxhunters exempt from the Tories’ ‘public order’ crackdown?
Bloodsports enthusiasts appear to be running riot, while the government rides roughshod over our right to protest

Something is going badly wrong in the countryside. For years, despite abundant video evidence, bloodsports enthusiasts have intimidated and attacked people who criticise and seek to monitor them, with apparent impunity.

There is film footage on social media of a man apparently beating the windows of a car with a dead fox, of a huntsman on horseback appearing to assault an observer with a whip, of horses being ridden into hunt monitors, of a woman being slapped round the face and thrown to the ground, of two men, one masked and one in a balaclava, apparently trying to smash the windows of the car and then pursuing it on a quad bike, of a large vehicle with its plates obscured, ramming a car full of people. These are just a few among the many acts of violence reported by people trying to prevent foxhunting.

The attacks appear to be escalating. Last week, two men in balaclavas drove a Land Rover up to the gates leading to TV presenter Chris Packham’s house and set light to it, causing an explosion and a fire that inflicted thousands of pounds worth of damage. This surely qualifies as terrorism. It’s the latest of many attempts to intimidate him, which appear to be connected to his opposition to hunting and the illegal persecution of birds of prey.

It’s not the first time that someone opposed to hunting has been the victim of an arson attack. In 2018, a Somerset farmer, Paul Chant, was assaulted when he tried to stop a hunt from rampaging across his land, part of which he uses as an animal sanctuary. A few days later, he attended an anti-hunt protest. Hours afterwards, his car and an outbuilding were torched, and he had to be treated in hospital for smoke inhalation. He believes these events are linked.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:46 am

Because 'public order' means, "you plebs stay down and let us do things like we want".
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:39 pm

JimC wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:43 pm
I am no fan of the current British government, and I'm sure that they are doing some dodgy things. But you clearly take pleasure in the misfortunes of the UK, in a relentless way...
In fairness, so do I, and I live here.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:06 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:39 pm
JimC wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:43 pm
I am no fan of the current British government, and I'm sure that they are doing some dodgy things. But you clearly take pleasure in the misfortunes of the UK, in a relentless way...
In fairness, so do I, and I live here.
We all enjoy a good joke at the expense of the Poms, but Snot is a trifle obsessed.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:29 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:28 am
Well there is definitely one law for the rich:

Met police drop investigation into Prince Andrew in Virginia Giuffre case
Unless he raped her there was no crime, she was over the age of consent.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:12 am

laklak wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:29 pm
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:28 am
Well there is definitely one law for the rich:

Met police drop investigation into Prince Andrew in Virginia Giuffre case
Unless he raped her there was no crime, she was over the age of consent.
Did she do it wilfully and was not coerced that is the question lak.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:20 pm

Once again what the NHS has been reduced to:

A&E crisis leaves patients waiting in ambulances outside hospitals for 11 hours
Doctors say casualty departments are on the ‘edge of a precipice’, leading to dangerous levels of handover delays

Doctors are warning that accident and emergency departments are on the “edge of a precipice”, with patients forced to wait in ambulances for up to 11 hours outside hospitals.

Paramedics across Britain have reported queues of up to 20 ambulances waiting outside hospitals to transfer patients into emergency departments operating at full capacity. Every ambulance service in the country is now at the highest level of alert, the Association of Ambulance Chief Executives (AACE) said this weekend.

Martin Flaherty, the organisation’s managing director, said: “[The association] remains extremely concerned about the unprecedented levels of hospital handover delays which are occurring across the UK.”

A patient died last Monday after suffering a suspected heart attack in the back of an ambulance which had been queueing for more than two hours outside James Paget University Hospital at Gorleston-on-Sea in Norfolk. A hospital spokesperson said the patient was moved into A&E but “sadly died in the department”.
Chumocracy in action.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:16 pm

They will never learn. Franchises do not work on railways. Splitting up the country is such a big mistake.

Southeastern is latest rail franchise taken over by UK government
Few immediate benefits likely for commuters as DfT takes over day-to-day running of latest service stripped of franchise

Southeastern railway services, one of Britain’s busiest commuter networks, has come back under direct public control, after the government stripped the private operator of its franchise agreement.

Ministers announced last month that an investigation had found that Southeastern had failed to declare more than £25m of taxpayer funding that should have been returned, describing this as a serious breach of the franchise agreement’s “good faith” obligation.

Train services on the line, which stretches across Kent and parts of East Sussex and connects them with London, will be run by the Department for Transport (DfT) from Sunday onwards under the Operator of Last Resort (OLR) scheme.

The OLR launched the London North Eastern Railway (LNER) in June 2018, the London-Edinburgh-Inverness service, after operators Virgin and Stagecoach could no longer make the contract payments.

It subsequently introduced Northern Trains in March 2020, after the government renationalised the struggling Northern rail franchise, following years of widespread train cancellations and delays, when it ended the contract of Arriva, a subsidiary of Germany’s state-owned Deutsche Bahn.
You dont have to renationalise but take government control by having one operator with a tough inspectorate.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:59 pm

The rail franchises taken into public administration are the top rated for least delays and passenger satisfaction. The government will have to work all the harder now to make the private sector seem like the least worst option.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:21 am

The NHS is suffering again:

NHS England hospitals having to rely on ‘obsolete’ imaging equipment
Research by Channel 4’s Dispatches reveals use of CT and MRI scanners that are 10 years old or more in about third of trusts

About a third of NHS trusts in England are using “technically obsolete” imaging equipment that could be putting patients’ health at risk, while existing shortages of doctors who are qualified to diagnose and treat disease and injuries using medical imaging techniques could triple by 2030.

According to data obtained through freedom of information requests by Channel 4’s Dispatches programme, 27.1% of trusts in NHS England have at least one computerised tomography (CT) scanner that is 10 years old or more, while 34.5% have at least one magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanner in the same category. These are used to diagnose various conditions including cancer, stroke and heart disease, detect damage to bones and internal organs, or guide further treatment.

An NHS England report published last year recommended that all imaging equipment aged 10 years or older be replaced. Software upgrades may not be possible on older equipment, limiting its use, while older CT scanners may require higher radiation doses to deliver the same image, it said.
Chumocracy at work.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:40 pm

Is there a special news service you use, Scot, that selects all the bad news about the UK by well-designed filters?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:14 pm

No Jim just the normal news which is normal for the UK. Just look at the Guardian or the Independent. There is hardly good news. The UK is fucked by Johnson et al. The trouble is the majority of the UK does not see it as the right wing press is selling fake news including the BBC. It is the whole point of Brexit; the majority is being treated as mushrooms; kept in the dark and fed a load of shit. I would post more from European sources where it is even worse. The UK has arrived in shitland and it wont get any better.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:15 am

DUP hits out at prosecution of army veteran who died from Covid
Dennis Hutchings was three days into trial for 1974 Troubles killing when he died from virus on Monday

Serious questions need to be raised about the prosecution of an 80-year-old army veteran over a fatal shooting during Northern Ireland’s troubles, the Democratic Unionist party leader has said, following the death of the former soldier from Covid on Monday evening.

Dennis Hutchings, who had denied killing 27-year-old John Pat Cunningham in 1974, was three days into his trial in Belfast when he contracted the virus. He had kidney disease and was on dialysis.

The DUP leader, Sir Jeffrey Donaldson, said: “There now stands serious questions around those who made the decision that Dennis should stand trial once more. He was honourable. He wanted to clear his name again but was dragged to a court and hounded until his death.

“This is a sad indictment on those who want to rewrite history but also demands serious questions of the Public Prosecution Service about how this trial was deemed to be in the public interest.”
Of course Covid killed him never mind the kidney disease. Talk about the flogged horse; how about justice for Cunningham's family.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:18 am

Calm down dear. You'll give yourself an aneurysm.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT