About me: Ablate me:

Re: The state of the UK

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:28 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:00 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:31 pm
You thunk wrong.
Ya, I guess the US isn't the only country that treats illegal immigrants differently. Can you accuse the UK government of separating families? Kids in cages?
Yeah.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:31 pm

The Brits dont stop them. All that cheap labour. The UK 1% cant live without them.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:21 pm

When Brexit is finalised, the concentration camps for Europeans can start to be filled...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:25 pm

Sorry my sleeping pills are clicking in. Good night and welterusten .

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:53 am

Corporations can use cameras and biometrics to identify individuals and use their identities to tune in their marketing campaigns.

If you dispense with 'freedoms', then governments could do the same.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:59 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:28 pm
Cunt wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:00 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:31 pm
You thunk wrong.
Ya, I guess the US isn't the only country that treats illegal immigrants differently. Can you accuse the UK government of separating families? Kids in cages?
Yeah.
Well, at least that's a start.

Where the fuck to go from here though...?

Such a shit show. I wish I knew what was 'right'. All I can do is a best estimate of what might be more popular among a given group.

What fixes it? Fast-tracking citizenship? Heavy-handed enforcement? Something different?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:58 am

Daily Mail eclipses the Sun to become UK's top-selling paper
Editor Geordie Greig hails ‘historic moment’ after ending tabloid’s 42-year reign

After 42 years as the UK’s best-selling newspaper, the Sun has lost its title to the Daily Mail.

The Rupert Murdoch-owned tabloid had been the nation’s most popular newspaper since 1978, spawning such memorable splash headlines as “Freddie Starr ate my hamster”, “Gotcha!”, and “It’s The Sun Wot Won It” – the 1992 front page taking credit for the Conservatives’ unexpected general election victory.

The Daily Mail, which had been steadily closing the sales gap in recent years, overtook the Sun in May, according to the latest official figures.

The Daily Mail sold 980,000 copies a day on average last month, and the Mail on Sunday sold 878,000 a week, according to the Audit Bureau of Circulations figures published on Friday.
Nuff said.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:30 am

The S*n stropped giving its publication figures to ABC two months ago.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:17 am

Once again:

'We've bought the wrong satellites': UK tech gamble baffles experts
Bid for 20% of OneWeb to replace Galileo after Brexit ‘looks like nationalism trumping industrial policy’

The UK government’s plan to invest hundreds of millions of pounds in a satellite broadband company has been described as “nonsensical” by experts, who say the company doesn’t even make the right type of satellite the country needs after Brexit.

The investment in OneWeb, first reported on Thursday night, is intended to mitigate against the UK losing access to the EU’s Galileo satellite navigation system.

But OneWeb – in which the UK will own a 20% stake following the investment – currently operates a completely different type of satellite network from that typically used to run such navigation systems.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:37 am

All they need to do is retro-fit some wifi cards and they'll be good to go.

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:50 am

From The Sun -- :spit: An hour-long interview with Ozzie pundit Rita Panahi, but the first two-minutes tells you everything you need to know.

https://youtu.be/jOUeO-NhRGs

The comments are very informative too.

Frank Zappa

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:16 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:37 am
All they need to do is retro-fit some wifi cards and they'll be good to go.
Invest in map printing companies. :whisper:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:08 am

UK corruption:

Firm with links to Gove and Cummings given Covid-19 contract without open tender
Research company owned by associates of senior Tory and PM’s adviser gets £840,000 job

The Cabinet Office has awarded an £840,000 contract to research public opinion about government policies to a company owned by two long-term associates of Michael Gove and Dominic Cummings, without putting the work out for tender.

Public First, a small policy and research company in London, is run by James Frayne, whose work alongside Cummings – the prime minister’s senior adviser – dates back to a Eurosceptic campaign 20 years ago, and Rachel Wolf, a former adviser to Gove who co-wrote the Conservative party’s 2019 election manifesto.

The government justified the absence of a competitive tendering process, which would have enabled other companies to bid, under emergency regulations that allow services to be urgently commissioned in response to the Covid-19 crisis.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:08 pm

Never mind another airline company on a downwards spiral;

British Airways retires iconic Boeing 747 fleet – in pictures
BA has announced it will immediately retire its Boeing 747 planes after a slump in travel caused by the coronavirus crisis
Well that's life. The second hand aircraft market will be flooded.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:11 am

Further corruptive use of official data in the UK.

Boris Johnson repeatedly used inaccurate child poverty figures
UK statistics watchdog confirms PM exaggerated Tory record on issue

Boris Johnson repeatedly used inaccurate and misleading figures that exaggerated the government’s record on poverty, the UK statistics watchdog has confirmed.

The Office for Statistics Regulation (OSR) was responding to a complaint by the End Child Poverty Coalition that the prime minister had three times used official poverty data “selectively, inaccurately and, ultimately, misleadingly”.

Speaking at prime ministers’ questions and in an interview with the BBC, Johnson said the number of families or children in poverty had fallen by 400,000 since 2010. The coalition of poverty charities, campaign groups and unions said this number, along with other poverty statistics used by the PM, had no basis in fact.

In a concise reply to the coalition, the OSR said its investigation team agreed that Johnson’s statements were incorrect. Their letter states: “Thank you for raising your concerns regarding the use of child poverty statistics with us. Our team has investigated the statements which you highlight (and has reached the same conclusion that these statements are incorrect).”
The same with Covid testing. The claims of the UK government should be taken with a ton of salt.
Coronavirus testing In June, Matt Hancock was criticised for his use of Covid-19 testing figures. The chair of the UK Statistics Authority, Sir David Norgrove, accused him of painting a picture that was “far from complete and comprehensible”. The health secretary had promised 100,000 tests a day by the end of April. To reach that target, test kits put in the post were included – even if they were never returned. Hancock’s aim, Norgrove said, seemed to have been to “show the largest possible number of tests, even at the expense of understanding”.