The state of the UK

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: The state of the UK

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:06 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:52 am
I got belted a few times. I'm glad I did or i'd be woke today!
:hehe:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:27 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:54 am
At my school I saw children dragged from their desks by their hair. Objects to hand, like chalk, board rubbers, and once a teacher's lit pipe (teachers smoked in class), were regularly thrown at kids - some teachers had a reputation as a good shot. Other teachers would make you stand on one leg for the rest of the lesson - which I believe is called a 'stress position' today, and amounts to a form of torture - and then you'd probably get the cane. Caning was commonplace. I saw one teacher break up a playground fight between two boys by punching each pugilist in the head, knocking them both to the ground. They were then hauled off on tip toes by the short hairs at their temples to be caned. I guess for most of us this kind of 'discipline' was the same as we got at home. Child protection hadn't been invented then of course.
physical torture training...

I remember my first week at school some of the older --in charge-- kids held a "meeting" in order to call out two thieves in the barracks. Of course they just beat the guys. The next time I saw one of them his jaw had been wired shut. That really set the tone.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:18 pm

Incel shoots his mother, then goes out for a walk round the neighbourhood and shoots 7 more before topping himself. 5 dead, including a 3 year old girl.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ke-davison
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:50 pm

He shared a quote of Trump saying: “In America we do not seek to impose our way of life on anyone but rather to let it shine as an example for everyone to want.”
It's almost as if there's a pattern...
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:23 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:18 pm
Incel shoots his mother, then goes out for a walk round the neighbourhood and shoots 7 more before topping himself. 5 dead, including a 3 year old girl.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ke-davison
A rare event in your neck of the woods...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:49 pm

Yeah, it's been over a decade since a similar, non-terrorist-related mass killing has happened.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:43 am

That's just a typical Thursday over here...
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:08 am

235853195_1148115899014987_7974968139624830795_n.jpg
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm

:hehe:

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:45 am

Chumocracy carries on:

Warrington council lends billionaire founder of The Hut Group £151m
The sum is 10 times the average loan, and was paid to a company indirectly controlled by Matt Moulding

Warrington council lent the billionaire owner of The Hut Group (THG) £151m after the online retailer’s £5bn market listing.

The Cheshire local authority extended a £200m loan facility to a company controlled by Matt Moulding in October, one of the largest council loans on record, from which it has taken three drawdowns totalling more than £151m.

Warrington council’s official documents, prepared last month, revealed the sum was more than 10 times the average loan taken by other local companies, and was paid to a company called Icon 3 Holdco, which is indirectly controlled by Moulding.

It emerged last year that many of THG’s properties had been transferred to Moulding’s personal ownership, meaning he stands to reap an estimated £19m a year in rent from the Manchester-based company.

The entrepreneur and Conservative party donor, who grew up in a house near Burnley in Lancashire with an outside toilet, has amassed an estimated personal paper fortune of £1.9bn through his 25% stake in THG. One of his first forays in business was exploiting a VAT loophole to post CDs to customers from his Guernsey base on behalf of major retailers including Tesco, Asda, WHSmith, Dixons and Best Buy.

THG’s early VAT-free online sales operation has since grown into a digital health and beauty retail giant including Cult Beauty, Lookfantastic.com and the sports nutrition line Myprotein. It also provides e-commerce technology services to firms including Coca-Cola, Nestlé and Unilever.
Blatant corruption.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:21 am

STOP PRESS! Capitalism serves capital interests. Pictures at eleven.

Frank Zappa

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:55 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:33 pm
Being paddled was a surreal experience. Only the principal was allowed, so it was probably the first time any of us encountered punishment without an emotional component.

--right, so I'm going to paddle you now...ok :lol:
how do you know the principal did not experience intense jubilation at flogging tender boy rear?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:57 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:54 pm
Sean Hayden wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:49 pm
--pathetic really. I'd have quit.
Quit what? All schools were the same. Good Calvinistic methods: "Spare the rod spoil the child". We never got spoilt. It backfired completely of course as you just got hardened and "six of the best" meant little.
and lo, thus the LORD paddled Pharaoh and thereby hardened his heart...

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:02 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:08 am
235853195_1148115899014987_7974968139624830795_n.jpg
Yeah, I just launched a shitstorm on twitland, because, in a discussion about spices, and whether middle age cuisine used them to hide too ripe meat, I stated that in the UK, even if the meat was good, it's the cookery that's rotten.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:17 pm

A four-year battle to save the life of Geronimo the alpaca has failed.

The news was confirmed by the Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.

Geronimo twice tested positive for bovine tuberculosis, but the animal’s owner, Helen Macdonald, a veterinary nurse, said the regime was flawed and the eight-year-old alpaca was perfectly healthy.

Macdonald fought the decision in the courts and pleaded with the UK government to allow him to be retested, with more than 130,000 people signing a petition calling for the camelid to be spared and a “human shield” of animal lovers stationing themselves around Geronimo’s pen in south Gloucestershire.

But after a high court judge once again ruled against Macdonald, the government said Geronimo had to be culled.
On Tuesday, police officers arrived at the farm in Wickwar, Gloucestershire that was Geronimo’s home and took the animal away...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... -him-fails

Frank Zappa