The state of the UK

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Re: The state of the UK

Post by rainbow » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:20 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:57 am
In Mexico they give a complete car wash when filling your car. I hate the sight. You pay the head boy/girl and hope he/she will divide it.
They probably hate the sight of Dutch tourists, so the feelings would be mutual.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:50 pm

Who is the tourist? A completely unsupported claim.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:05 pm

Unsupported claim.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:10 pm

Dont just be a parrot Trailer Boy. Just go and play in your play pen.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:34 pm

Unsupported claim.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:48 pm

Parroting again TB. Go away and play.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:42 am

rainbow wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:35 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:40 pm
Petrol station chaos worsened by motorists filling up with wrong fuel
More than five times as many people as usual in the UK put diesel in their petrol engine or vice versa
We in Africa have people that fill your tank for you.
Huh. People who fill your tank for you make mistakes too. I pulled up at a service station with a 4-tonner one afternoon. It was one of the few that still had driveway service (including cleaning the windscreen). As I pulled up the attendant came up to the window. I said I'd just move up a couple of feet to bring the Diesel bowser directly in line with the fuel tank. Having done that, I left to use their toilet.

Half a kilometre up the road the engine stopped. The truck had to be towed back to the station. 200 litres of (mostly) petrol had to be drained, the injectors cracked and and primed and the tank refilled. This added about an hour to my day's work. The station owner lost income on 200 litres of fuel. The attendant lost brownie points.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:45 pm

Over here it's hard to put diesel in a petrol tank, as the diesel nozzles are much larger than the petrol tank will accept. Easy enough the other way around, though, as the narrow petrol nozzle easily fits a diesel vehicle.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:11 pm

laklak wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:45 pm
Over here it's hard to put diesel in a petrol tank, as the diesel nozzles are much larger than the petrol tank will accept. Easy enough the other way around, though, as the narrow petrol nozzle easily fits a diesel vehicle.
Interesting. Here, most city service stations have diesel nozzles the same size as petrol nozzles for diesel cars and SUVs, but on the highways, they will also have some of the large diameter ones for trucks.

So, "your narrow nozzle easily fits, as the actress said to the bishop..." :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:53 pm

JimC wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:11 pm
So, "your narrow nozzle easily fits, as the actress said to the bishop..." :tea:
Are you in yet? as Stormy said to Donald.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:53 pm

‘Desperate choices’ this winter as three more UK energy suppliers toppled by price surge
Citizens Advice says consumers moved to new supplier likely to pay extra £30 a month

Three more energy suppliers have collapsed under the weight of rising gas prices, taking the total number of failures to 12 this year and forcing the regulator, Ofgem, to find new suppliers for a further 233,000 customer accounts.

Ofgem said Igloo Energy, Symbio Energy and Enstroga had become the latest companies to succumb to a gathering crisis that shows no sign of abating, with gas prices remaining stubbornly high amid international shortages as winter approaches.

The regulator stressed that customers would not suffer disruption to the supply of energy to their homes, adding that anyone with credit in their accounts with those companies would not lose their money.

But it will now have to find a new energy provider for nearly a quarter of a million people via its “supplier of last resort” scheme, under which financially healthy companies take on the customers of their collapsed rivals.

Firms that take on new customers are later compensated for their costs via an industry-wide levy that is ultimately added to gas bills.

Earlier this week, Shell Energy took on 255,000 customers from a collapsed smaller rival, Green, while Octopus Energy has taken on 580,000 left stranded when Avro Energy failed.
WTF the UK is well and truly fucked. Never mind petrol and food.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:44 pm

Octopus are 100% renewable energy suppliers.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:57 am

"Arrogance speaking". Do the UK gits in power think that the UK is the place to work? Do they think that foreign drivers are going to flock to the UK? They have mostly found jobs in the EU so why go to the UK where they will be exploited?

Emergency visa scheme extended in major U-turn by Boris Johnson
Threat of Christmas being ruined by driver shortages forces ministers to expand range and duration of visas
Whose xmas? The Brexiteers and the 1%? When your food is being supplied by a charity who cares.
Boris Johnson’s government has made a dramatic U-turn in an attempt to save Christmas – with a raft of extended emergency visas to help abate labour shortages that have led to empty shelves and petrol station queues.

New immigration measures will allow 300 fuel drivers to arrive immediately and stay until the end of March, while 100 army drivers will take to the roads from Monday, the government announced late on Friday.

About 4,700 further food haulage drivers will arrive from late October and leave by the end of February.

The rules mean that the government has relented to lobbying from the fuel and food industries and extended some temporary visa schemes beyond Christmas Eve and into the new year.

The move, designed to tackle chronic disruption to supply chains, is a major change in policy after ministers previously insisted they would not relax immigration rules in response to the crisis.

The business secretary, Kwasi Kwarteng, said: “Thanks to the immense efforts of industry over the past week, we are seeing continued signs that the situation at the pumps is slowly improving.

“UK forecourt stock levels are trending up, deliveries of fuel to forecourts are above normal levels, and fuel demand is stabilising.”

He added: “We want to see employers make long-term investments in the UK domestic workforce instead of relying on overseas labour to build a high-wage, high-skill economy.”
What fucking arrogance.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:57 am

The Tories announced the fast track work visa scheme for overseas HGV drivers without much fanfare, and they knew the idea of 'foreign Johnnies coming over here' would stick in the craw of thise swivel eyed loons among their base. So true to Tory form they just added a layer of impracticability and a bit of unnecessary cruelty, saying that the visa would only last until Christmas Eve and any driver in the country after Christmas Day would be treated as an illegal immigrant.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:10 pm

I was queueing for petrol before and there was a guy knocking on the windows of all the cars in the queue.

Wound down the window and he said that terrorists have kidnapped Boris Johnson and they're threatening to douse him in petrol and set him on fire unless they get £10 million. "So I'm doing a whip-round".

"How much is everyone giving?" I asked.

"About half a gallon each" was the reply.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater