About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: The state of the UK

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:34 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:27 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:46 pm
Greenwashing. Chumocracy!
You getting your nickers in a twist. Greenwashing is happening in Glasgow climate conference. Chumocracy happens in Anglo-Saxon governments.
Unsupported claim.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:40 am

Think I care what you think?
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:06 pm

Oops somebody did not pay enough:

Government throws out plans for 305-metre Tulip tower in London
Decision welcomed by Historic England, which said building would have been ‘visually intrusive’ and ‘highly incongruous’

Controversial plans to build a 305-metre high tower in the City of London have been thrown out by the government.

The surprise decision, announced by the Department for Levelling up, Housing and Communities, ends a long-running saga of contradictory decisions on the fate of the planned tourist attraction – designed by Foster + Partners and called the Tulip – at 20 Bury Street in London’s financial district.

Ministers cited the impact it would have on the Tower of London, and “the highly unsustainable concept of using vast quantities of reinforced concrete for the foundations and lift shaft”, among the reasons for rejecting the scheme and called it “a muddle of architectural ideas”.

If built, it would have become the tallest tower in the City, and the second-tallest in London, just 5 metres smaller than the Shard on the other side of the river. Its striking design included a 12-storey glass dome on top of a concrete pole, with observation decks open to the public, bars and restaurants, as well as glass slides and bridges inside.

The decision was made by the housing minister Christopher Pincher on behalf of the secretary of state, Michael Gove, and followed the recommendation of planning inspector David Nicholson to reject the scheme, following a public inquiry held last November. Gove’s predecessor, Robert Jenrick, was due to make the final decision on the tower in September but was removed from his post.
In a chumocracy you have to pay. It was probably too Dutch anyway.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:13 pm

The shard was Arabian, the UK"s and Johnson's friends. The tulip... we are no friends of him...

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:00 pm

Such a great fucking service.

NHS patients dying in back of ambulances stuck outside A&E, report says
Exclusive: handover delays across England are also causing permanent harm to those needing urgent care

People are dying in the back of ambulances and up to 160,000 more a year are coming to harm because they are stuck outside hospitals unable to be offloaded to A&E, a bombshell report has revealed.

Patients are also dying soon after finally getting admitted to hospital after spending long periods in the back of an ambulance, while others still in their own homes are not being saved because paramedics are trapped at A&E and unable to answer 999 calls, said the report by NHS ambulance service bosses in England.

In addition, about 12,000 of the 160,000 are suffering “severe harm” such as a permanent setback to their health. These include people with life-threatening health emergencies such as chest pains, sepsis, heart problems, epilepsy and Covid-19 because growing numbers of paramedics are having to wait increasingly long times to hand over a patient to A&E staff.

Ambulance logjams outside hospitals have become a major problem in the NHS in recent years as A&E staff have struggled to find beds for patients they have decided to admit because the hospital has run out of beds as a result of Covid-19, their inability to discharge patients who are medically fit to leave and the record demand for care.
The UK is a first world country?

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:23 pm

That's Capitalism for ya!
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:36 pm

Everybody should move to BUPA.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:42 pm

Boris Johnson says the UK is not ‘remotely a corrupt country’. Is it?
Analysis: the reality looks different as the PM defends his government’s reputation over allegations of sleaze

At a press conference on Wednesday, Boris Johnson faced such a barrage of questions about ethical standards in politics that he felt obliged to argue that the UK “is not remotely a corrupt country”.

This was an unusual step for a British prime minister to take, and begged the question: well, is it?

Johnson’s government has faced numerous claims connected to corruption, vested interests and wider misgovernment. Below are some of the main concerns.
FFS he invented Chumocracy.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:06 am

Show me a politician who is not corrupt, I'll see an also ran.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:48 am

That is a use brush you are using Svarty.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:11 am

Chumocracy rules:

Half of Tory ex-ministers take jobs in sectors relevant to former department
More than 50 ministers under Johnson and May took posts with firms in sectors they covered in government

Half of all ministers who have left office in the Boris Johnson or Theresa May governments later took up posts with companies relevant to their former government jobs, the Guardian has found.

An analysis of those who left departmental ministerial roles up until the most recent reshuffle found more than 50 took up employment as advisers in industries where they had government expertise or as more general political consultants.

Many of them are still parliamentarians – either in the Commons or the Lords – where they occupy second jobs in addition to their work as lawmakers. And at least a dozen were cabinet ministers, some of them with direct links between their jobs and former government briefs.

Patrick McLoughlin, a former transport secretary, now lists remunerated employment with Airlines UK, an industry lobbying body, and XRail, a railway services company, while another former transport secretary, Chris Grayling, took a £100,000-a-year job as a strategic adviser to a ports company.

Nicky Morgan, a former culture secretary, Treasury minister and now a peer, took on roles on the board of Santander bank, and as a consultant to Travers Smith corporate law firm, a senior adviser to the lobbying and PR firm Grayling, and last week became the independent chair of the Association of British Insurers.

Several former ministers also took up roles advising foreign governments or their state organs, including the former Foreign Office minister Mark Field, who was approved for a job advising the Cayman Islands, and Philip Hammond, the former chancellor and now a peer, who got advisory roles to Kuwaiti and Bahraini financial authorities.
The UK is not a corrupt country Boris? Bloody amazing. :biggrin:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:13 am

That's not limited to the UK. And I'd be surprised if it didn't happen as well in Clogland.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:18 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:13 am
That's not limited to the UK. And I'd be surprised if it didn't happen as well in Clogland.
Of course an ill-informed Ozzie would say that. Check your facts.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:35 am

Dutch corruption is the best corruption.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:10 pm

Especially Royal Dutch Shell that is in the process of leaving the netherregions to settle in britain
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping