George Floyd protests

Fletch F. Fletch
About me: It's the_piper from Ratskep, and I was born and bred in a briar patch.

Re: George Floyd protests

Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:29 pm

Leave Darrens alone!

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:34 pm

EC55A60F-35EB-439B-8127-D0C876029CB7.jpeg
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:30 pm

Hermit wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:14 am
It's not an example of doxxing
Your right, it's more like self-stimming for you.

Keep repeating them though, Hermit. I haven't really cared who knows. I've hosted members in my home. I invite members here running, even if they do seem to hate.

I don't have a pet name for you, or even know where you live (though you have surely said so). I guess it is just that you aren't that memorable. I need to keep notes, to remember some stuff.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:44 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:30 pm
Hermit wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:14 am
It's not an example of doxxing
Your right...
Phew. Having earnt your agreement I will at last be able to sleep again. :snooze:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:49 pm

You do like to crow about my personal details though. I try to avoid that, seeing as you use a psuedonym here.

I can't imagine the same reasons applying to you.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:26 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:49 pm
You do like to crow about my personal details though.
Can't beat your focus on me, though. 15,073 posts of yours end with a sarcastic description of what you think of me.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:40 pm

Are you lonesome, Hermit?

I would walk with you. Listen to your repeated insistence. Sorry you don't have someone better to follow around obsessively. Maybe Brian would engage with you, if you were kindly enough to disagree with him on something...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:33 pm

2/10. V. poor. Stay behind after class.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:42 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:40 pm
Are you lonesome, Hermit?
Yes, if you mean 'solitary', no, if you mean 'lonely'.
Cunt wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:40 pm
Sorry you don't have someone better to follow around obsessively.
Says the forum member with 15,076 posts mentioning what he thinks of me. :hehe:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:17 pm

I think you wish for someone who would disagree with you.

I don't like you in that way, so you will have to find someone who consents to it.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:13 am

'They're coming! It's going to be horrible when they get here. Be prepared!' The mythical busloads and caravans of BLMs and antifas that were supposedly descending on towns, intent on wreaking havoc. I heard about this when it was going on, but just one or two instances, while apparently it was fairly widespread. It doesn't matter that more than 95% of the Black Lives Matter demonstrations were peaceful and involved no property damage. The very idea of protests involving black people (not to mention the dreaded antifa) is sufficient to arouse alarm and consternation.

'Documents Reveal Cops Chasing Absurd Antifa and BLM Tips'
The graffiti on a port-a-potty in a gravel pit was, in the opinion of one Washington state resident, a sign that anti-fascists might blow up a nearby dam. Another local was convinced that a young man reading signs was actually an “Antifa or BLM scout.” A third person warned, via an anonymous email tip, that her ex-husband was part of an anti-fascist group that was coming to burn down the town.

All these complaints were forwarded throughout police ranks in Washington, where officials urged vigilance against the leftist threat.

As racial justice protests flared across the country in summer 2020, so did conservative fears of leftist protesters. From Oregon to Virginia, social media lit up with rumors about anti-fascists (“antifa”) or Black Lives Matter participants, who were allegedly coming to terrorize small towns.

Anacortes, a scenic city of 17,000 in coastal Washington, was no exception. From June to August 2020, the city’s police department received repeated tips about supposed antifa threats, according to police documents obtained by the government transparency nonprofit Property of the People and shared with The Daily Beast. Even some of the most absurd claims found their way up to state-level law enforcement, those documents show.

Ryan Shapiro, executive director of Property of the People, reiterated that the complaints came amid a summer of rumors and innuendo about antifa and Black Lives Matter. After fresh fears circulated in some conservative channels and law enforcement warned about the potential for mass unrest in the wake of the verdict in the Derek Chauvin murder case in Minnesota, it’s safe to say that chatter has not subsided.

“Conservative and law enforcement panic about antifa and BLM hasn’t gone anywhere,” Shapiro told The Daily Beast. “These documents aren’t even a year old, and we’ve had an attempted coup in the interim. It’s not like tensions have cooled. We now have tens of millions of people collectively consumed by manufactured paranoia about social justice movements, who also believe the presidential election was stolen with the aid of antifa and BLM. We’re likely to see a new round of mass protests against police violence, and I expect the right-wing response will in some ways be even more ferocious than last year.”

Shapiro stressed that, while the complaints were far-fetched, they indicated a populace on edge about vague threats, and police departments receptive to those fears. And that has ominous implications as protesters once again take to the streets in large numbers—and police show signs of harsh tactics.

“When individuals and law enforcement have been whipped into such a paranoid frenzy that they’re primed to see ‘antifa’ or ‘BLM’ terrorist conspiracies literally in the toilet, the situation is a powder keg,” Shapiro said. “There’s a direct line from this sort of deliberately induced political hysteria to violent, repressive crackdowns on progressive dissent.”

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:20 pm

What was that other 5%? Over 2 billion in insurance claims in 2020?

Yeah, them keystone kops though, those are the problem.

Your focus gives away which violence you are willing to accept.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:43 pm

Yes, police misconduct is a problem. Not only has our history of bad policing ruined countless lives, it also cost cities a lot of money every year in lawsuits.

--//--

I'm not sure how acknowledging the pitfalls of violent protests makes bad policing less of a problem. :dunno:

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:54 pm

Cunt wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:20 pm
What was that other 5%? Over 2 billion in insurance claims in 2020?

Yeah, them keystone kops though, those are the problem.

Your focus gives away which violence you are willing to accept.
Indeed. One can use the same logic in regard to your apparent priorities. You're all up on your hind legs about property damage, but killing black people? not so much of a concern, it would seem.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:06 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:43 pm
Yes, police misconduct is a problem. Not only has our history of bad policing ruined countless lives, it also cost cities a lot of money every year in lawsuits.

--//--

I'm not sure how acknowledging the pitfalls of violent protests makes bad policing less of a problem. :dunno:
How many unarmed people are shot by police each year, in the US?

How big a problem is it, compared to the deaths by riots (as an example)?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: