George Floyd protests

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: George Floyd protests

Post by Cunt » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:41 pm

I'm not individualizing to the exclusion of anything.

I'm simply saying we need YOU (people like you) to desire to be police.

It's not a solution, so much as a simple metric.

I wish the system were fixed so thoroughly, and so clearly, that you would eagerly apply for a job as a local cop. Or invite your kids or grandkids to do so.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:53 pm

That's a nice sounding bromide, but doesn't suggest what needs to be fixed. Any ideas?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:37 pm

Cunt wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:41 pm
I'm not individualizing to the exclusion of anything.

I'm simply saying we need YOU (people like you) to desire to be police.

It's not a solution, so much as a simple metric.

I wish the system were fixed so thoroughly, and so clearly, that you would eagerly apply for a job as a local cop. Or invite your kids or grandkids to do so.
This is what the system does to good apples, dumbass.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:47 am

Can't see the video now, Seabass, but I'll guess it is an example of the system ejecting someone, for being decent and honest.

It's why so many smart people wouldn't want to be a cop.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:07 am

There you go again, making this is an issue about the (presumably indecent and dishonest) people who are cops, and ignoring policing as an institution, a workplace culture, its training, funding, public policy, and the criminal justice system at large etc etc. Now if 'the system ejects someone for being decent and honest' then shouldn't we be looking a systemic reform of policing? And yet you've made it pretty clear that you think the calls of those advocating systemic reform of US policing are illegitimate by, for example, labelling community protests as riots and implying that anyone looking for a better system can only qualify their opinion if they join the police (presumably to reform it from within). Seems to me you position is pretty incoherent.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:53 am

Well, if that's our friend from the frosty North's criteria for who can speak to the issue of policing in the US, he needs to listen to Rosa Brooks. Brooks just published a book called Tangled Up in Blue: Policing the American City that goes into the systemic problems you mention.

Brooks is a law professor at Georgetown University who joined the DC Metro police force as a reserve officer. She also served in the Department of Defense in the Obama administration.

She did the job and wrote about it. I wonder if Cunt would consider a Democrat's views. :ask:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:16 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:07 am
There you go again, making this is an issue about the (presumably indecent and dishonest) people who are cops, and ignoring policing as an institution
Nope.

I guessed the gist of the video (correctly, I assume) and mentioned that is why so many smart people wouldn't want to be a cop.

In response to some dumbass calling me a dumbass.

Now, you are welcome to go on misunderstanding me, but I'm not participating anymore.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:57 am

Cunt wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:16 am
Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:07 am
There you go again, making this is an issue about the (presumably indecent and dishonest) people who are cops, and ignoring policing as an institution
Nope.

I guessed the gist of the video (correctly, I assume) and mentioned that is why so many smart people wouldn't want to be a cop.

In response to some dumbass calling me a dumbass.

Now, you are welcome to go on misunderstanding me, but I'm not participating anymore.
The point you are making is that police forces in the US (and perhaps elsewhere) are not attracting enough intelligent, ethical people, which means that their ranks are too often filled with the dumb and nasty. You extend from this by trying to lay a rather weird guilt trip on those in the forum who read your posts, in that it's all our fault because we haven't become police officers... :roll:

The point about the nature of police recruits (at least in the US) may have some merit, but if so, it connects strongly to the issue of a systemic problem in "police culture", with its "us vs them" mentality and frequent racism. Not a work environment to attract the intelligent and ethical...

So, we're back to the need for a major shake-up of police culture, mainly to rein in its current excesses, but also to address your recruitment issue...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:25 pm

As I mentioned before, there is an interesting book out by just the sort of person Cunt says doesn't want to become a cop. Now that I'm home and able to access the internet through screens that my eyes can more easily navigate, here's an interview with the author.

It's a little over a half an hour, and worth a listen.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:43 pm

What does Crowder have to say on it?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:03 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:43 pm
What does Crowder have to say on it?
That's the only important thing, surely... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:09 am

Don't tase me, Sis! :cry:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:16 am

Nicking a a Youtube clip posted by Seabass at Ratzkep, here is why good people don't want to become cops - the entire police department as well as those who direct that department turns on them and destroys them. Cariol Horne finally got restitution of sorts, but it was more than 15 years in the making, and as far as I could make out, hers is an exceptional case.
Here's an example of what happens to the good ones.
Amid nationwide protests over police abuse, we speak with Cariol Horne, the Buffalo police officer whom a New York court has just vindicated for stopping a fellow cop from choking a handcuffed Black man during an arrest. In 2006, Horne, who is Black, saw a white officer repeatedly punching the man in the face before putting him in a chokehold. After Horne heard the man say "I can't breathe," she intervened by grabbing the officer's arm. Horne was sanctioned by the Buffalo Police Department, reassigned, then fired in 2008, just months before she was eligible to receive her full pension. A new ruling makes her eligible for back pay and pension benefits. Horne says she is now calling on state governments and Congress to follow the lead of Buffalo, which passed Cariol's Law, legislation that makes it the duty of officers to intervene in cases of brutality. "I knew that I did the right thing," Horne says. We also speak with Intisar Rabb, a Harvard Law professor who is one of three attorneys representing Horne. Cariol's Law "should spread far and wide" to other cities and states, Rabb says.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue May 04, 2021 6:17 pm

The jurors have been making circuits showing how objective they are (or aren't). This might make potential appeals more likely.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/report-f ... =125072926
One of the jurors who served on the murder trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin reportedly sported a Black Lives Matter T-shirt with a reference to the death of George Floyd, seemingly challenging what the juror told the Chauvin defense team during jury selection.

According to a report from The Post Millennial, now-public juror Brandon Mitchell, 31, is seen in a Facebook post published in August 2020 wearing a hat that says “Black Lives Matter” and a T-shirt that says “BLM” with the words, “Get Your Knee Off Our Necks,” a reference to the death of Floyd.
He has a podcast, so will probably have plenty of rope for himself there.

Link to twitter pic of the shirt mentioned...
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status ... wsrc%5Etfw

Someone should probably attack Posobiec, or the Daily Wire, before this starts convincing someone that the verdict is reasonably open to appeal.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue May 04, 2021 8:07 pm

If you're going to cite info from white nationalists, why shouldn't someone point that out? There are non-Merkins here who might not know that Jack Posobiec is a white nationalist, who might be interested to know where information is coming from.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka