The Coronavirus Thread

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:22 am

NineBerry wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:13 am
Okay. I was wrong. Galaxian was right. THEY want to replace humans with ai robots. And they seem to have started with Scot. o.O
Just because I dont accept the propaganda? The numbers are insignificant but the powers being put in place are not. You cant justify any claims regarding cases or deaths. Just look at the world list and at the third world countries. The figures are a sham. Mexico? A country that only a tiny percentage can afford to go to a doctor and the vast majority only medical advice comes from the local chemists. That is the case for most central and south America.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:37 am

Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:39 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:04 am
A lot of words Brian but no answers just your claims based on what? Yes you have got it; government figures.
Bollocks. Epidemiologists are providing the figures - you can find these independently of government, and I'd advise you to do so. No doubt you'll say that Epidemiologists are being corrupted by politics to say whatever their 'masters' tell them too. But if you do then you'll be engaging in science denial I'm afraid.
Scot Dutchy wrote:
like so much just repeating the propaganda.
I'm not relying on the popular press or the broadcast media for my informations. You've not commented on the fact that Covid-19 is significantly more contagious than the flu and significantly more likely to kill you if you get it. These are facts you're choosing to ignore - and you're ignoring them by simply saying that these sorts of facts don't really exist - they're made up - which is basically a form of science denialism.

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Social distancing is a great tool or are you unable to work out the social consequences and its future affect?
If you had actually read my previous comment in good faith -- rather than simply reacting to it -- you would have noticed that I'm fully aware of the seriousness of social distancing and self-isolation policies and their impact on our personal freedoms and autonomy. When governments take these kinds of actions to limit our movement, association, and agency then we have to be watchful that this does not become something that operates for the convenience of the executive. To listen to you though one would think that all the major powers have co-ordinated in concocting a crisis specifically to institute those limits to our liberty, which both makes you sound like a Galaxian-style conspiracy theorist while wilfully ignoring what's already been mentioned about the contagiousness of this particular coronavirus and the risks of contracting it.
Scot Dutchy wrote:
A simple thing; carrying out elections. No meetings? Just the media? Nicely controlled and all opinion nullified. How are parliaments going act or take place?
Indeed. It does present certain challenges, but again you're acting as if there exists a coordinated plan across the world to de-democratise the Earth and ignoring the threat to public health of Covid-19 and of doing nothing about it. These measures are not malign plans hatched by evil manipulators but reactions to the circumstances we find ourselves in a global economy where bats can be imported from South America for slaughter to Chinese meat markets one day and the person who enjoyed their fresh batatouille can get on a plane to Chicago the next.
Scot Dutchy wrote:
This virus is as contagious as any other but once again parroting government propaganda does not make it more.
Which dark hole did you pluck that particular unsubstantiated opinion from? Different viruses are contagious to different degrees. I'd urge you to find a reliable medical resource that identifies the contagiousness and lethality of Covid-19.
Scot Dutchy wrote:
If anything Brian you should get real. Our political masters are pleased with the result and will be making plans to continue it. That is my greater concern. The numbers dont matter but the control does. This dance is a long way from over. The red shoes have been well and truly fitted.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:42 am

:hehe:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Post by Clinton Huxley » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:01 am

"This virus is as contagious as any other"

If only facepalms were still allowed.
"I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled"

AND MERRY XMAS TO ONE AND All!

Imagehttp://25kv.co.uk/date_counter.php?date ... 20counting!!![/img-sig]

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:05 am

The antibodies are proteins in the blood. Not sure of the role of the PCR reaction in Brian's text, as it only relates to DNA/RNA.
("Tests for the infection itself involve a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test applied to aural and nasal samples in combination with regular observational diagnostics.")

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/cov ... tests-work
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:42 am

Epidemiologists are providing the figures
Oh they are different to all the other officials. They remain in government service either as civil servants or hired in help and all countries carry out the exact same protocols?
You can die from any virus especially if you have under lying symptoms of other illnesses. Corona is no different but that does not fit the storyline.
Why does it have to be a conspiracy? Leaders copy each other. If you dont have true democracies in place plenty of leaders take advantage ie. USA and UK. Two very undemocratic countries. Why is it that you cant are wont accept in this day and age that societies will change due to the desires of a small very powerful rich minority of the world population.

Keep dancing. Those shoes will hurt.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:41 pm

This is the type of test that's done to detect antibodies. No DNA is involved:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELISA

It is for example the standard test for HIV.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:50 pm

Not understanding all this: why go to a cruise, at age 80, from the safe prairie, in the middle of an epidemic:

A woman in her 20s returned from Mexico March 17 and self-quarantined. She developed symptoms March 19. LLCHD said her close contacts are also self-quarantined, and none have symptoms at this time.

A woman in her 80s traveled to New Orleans March 6 and embarked on a seven-day cruise. She returned March 16, and both she and a family member in the same household self-quarantined. She developed symptoms March 18. LLCHD said she had no close contacts with others in the community.

(Both cases confirmed by test)

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:51 pm

ECO-FASCIST RHETORIC FINDS ITS ROOTS IN WHITE SUPREMACY AND XENOPHOBIA, SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE THE HUMAN LIFE THAT IT DISREGARDS IS THAT OF BIPOC.

Humans are not the virus. We are not a sickness or a disease, and y’all should stop singing this tired refrain as we are all reeling from the global Coronavirus pandemic. With several false reports of animals flourishing as cities slow down due to quarantine recently going viral (how ironic), a concerning amount of people have responded with the sentiment that the presence of humans living and taking up space on our planet is its own type of sickness. People are even circulating an article from 2018 about the ozone layer finally beginning to heal, undoubtedly without reading the date or anything beyond the title, and somehow connecting it to the sudden diminished presence and activity of humans as most of us uphold our social responsibility to stay home during this time. 

Some have also named COVID-19 as Mother Nature’s vengeance, “Earth’s vaccine” for the human virus, or the universe’s way of making the world a better place. Self-righteously deeming it some sort of divine intervention, they imply that the massive loss of life and our collective grief over those lost lives are somehow worth it for the sake of the planet, or even necessary. This pandemic has helped to facilitate the development and worsening of trauma and grief in entire communities, and rhetoric that frames this as a blessing for those who deserve to live here and a penalty for those seen as unworthy is not only deeply insensitive, but dangerous. 

It also fails to take into account the fact that those who have profited from industrialism and hazardous environmental practices will never stop seeking out ways to maintain their capital. In fact, due to the current virus, the Trump administration has weakened public health and environmental enforcement, waiving several mandates put in place for our protection to instead benefit the oil and gas industries (and this comes after Trump has already worked to roll back rules against power plant pollution and remove federal water protections).
Cont.
https://wearyourvoicemag.com/news-polit ... vG8iNTd6Rs
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:36 pm

Galaxian wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:17 am
That leaves just 5 years after the mass extermination for the last few hundred million to be eliminated, leaving the planet the exclusive domain of AI.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:02 pm

He really is a piece of shit.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:31 pm

Some think the news media companies are desperately trying to gain attention, by over-hyping every story they can tell.

Others think the virus is a real serious threat to public health, and individual life.

I think, why can't it be BOTH?
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... ity-video/

Of course, which part of this sort of story will change, depending if you stand on one side of that, or the other.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:15 pm

Canadian Janky Enginer fucking around with his youtube friends.

too cheap to be commercially viable
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:59 pm

NineBerry wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:13 am
Okay. I was wrong. Galaxian was right. THEY want to replace humans with ai robots. And they seem to have started with Scot. o.O
:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould