The Coronavirus Thread

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:50 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:30 am
Covid is killing more than cancer. To act like it's non-existent is dumb.
Prove it. You cant which is very dumb.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:14 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:53 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:17 pm
Back to normal if you ignore the possible mid- to long-term health consequences, which I'm sure the Dutch health system isn't. Back to normal if you ignore the resource issues and supply-side problems stemming from 2 years of lockdowns, which I'm sure Dutch manufacturing and retail aren't. Back to normal if you ignore the hit the education service took, the fallout of the pandemic as experienced by children, particular younger children, and the psychological impact on children and young people's confidence, behaviour, and attainment levels, which I'm sure Dutch educationalists and psychologists are not. Just saying.
You obviously dont read much about this country and expect the mess your country is in to apply to the rest of Europe. That is exactly what the Brexiteers want and it seems to be working as well. We had hics but that is no more. Please dont compare your dump of a country to others who are doing ok and moving on nicely. Just look at the GDP of the G7; you are in shitland.
So the Dutch government, health and education systems, business, society and the public at large have suffered no ill-effects fron COVID and remain completely untroubled by the pandemic and it's consequences, have suffered and are suffering no ill-effects, have made no allowances for it, nor needed to?

It's pretty clear that the pandemic has had a huge impact on the world - particularly if one is willing to look beyond one's own doorstep. The truth is that you're lucky enough to live in a country that's been able to withstand it better than most. As do I. We shouldn't assume that because things feel kinda back to normal for us then the legacy of COVID is a small or trivial matter - let alone be nonexistent - either for the majority of the world's mutually interdependent populations, nor for the poorer, sicker, younger and/or marginalised members of our own populations.

And you should know by now that my identity is not wedded to, or reliant on, my country of residence, or its history, social and economic development, political traditions, or elected government - so trolling me on any of that is a waste of both our time. I am not my country, just as you are not uours. None of us are.

What living here has afforded me though - just as it has for you living in yours - is the luxury and privilege of being able to forge my own identity despite its history, social development, political traditions, and elected government etc. Well, so far at least! Frankly, chest thumping patriotism and nationalistic fervour, and the kind of us-and-them mentality it both inspires and depends on, is no good reason for, well, anything - ever.
A very childish answer. Brexit and the tories are killing the country. The UK is heading for the title "king of corruption". If you cant see that then sorry,
We did not suffer like the UK. Vaccination was quickly discovered the way out so a great emphasis was made and is still fully available free of charge. We are a very rich country like the UK used to be but all the money is now offshore and the UK is heading for the "poorman in Europe" position.
As for the nationalist fervour you are looking in the wrong place. We leave that to the Brexiteers. All Europe is doing ok which makes Brexit look even worse. We dont need the UK which I said along with many others at the beginning of Brexit.
One of the first things needed to be changed in the UK is the system of government and finances until then you are lost.

Good luck with Brexit and the tories you need it. Good luck with all those lovely trade agreements your wonderful government is making.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:42 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:14 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:17 pm
Back to normal if you ignore the possible mid- to long-term health consequences, which I'm sure the Dutch health system isn't. Back to normal if you ignore the resource issues and supply-side problems stemming from 2 years of lockdowns, which I'm sure Dutch manufacturing and retail aren't. Back to normal if you ignore the hit the education service took, the fallout of the pandemic as experienced by children, particular younger children, and the psychological impact on children and young people's confidence, behaviour, and attainment levels, which I'm sure Dutch educationalists and psychologists are not. Just saying.
You obviously dont read much about this country and expect the mess your country is in to apply to the rest of Europe. That is exactly what the Brexiteers want and it seems to be working as well. We had hics but that is no more. Please dont compare your dump of a country to others who are doing ok and moving on nicely. Just look at the GDP of the G7; you are in shitland.
So the Dutch government, health and education systems, business, society and the public at large have suffered no ill-effects fron COVID and remain completely untroubled by the pandemic and it's consequences, have suffered and are suffering no ill-effects, have made no allowances for it, nor needed to?

It's pretty clear that the pandemic has had a huge impact on the world - particularly if one is willing to look beyond one's own doorstep. The truth is that you're lucky enough to live in a country that's been able to withstand it better than most. As do I. We shouldn't assume that because things feel kinda back to normal for us then the legacy of COVID is a small or trivial matter - let alone be nonexistent - either for the majority of the world's mutually interdependent populations, nor for the poorer, sicker, younger and/or marginalised members of our own populations.

And you should know by now that my identity is not wedded to, or reliant on, my country of residence, or its history, social and economic development, political traditions, or elected government - so trolling me on any of that is a waste of both our time. I am not my country, just as you are not uours. None of us are.

What living here has afforded me though - just as it has for you living in yours - is the luxury and privilege of being able to forge my own identity despite its history, social development, political traditions, and elected government etc. Well, so far at least! Frankly, chest thumping patriotism and nationalistic fervour, and the kind of us-and-them mentality it both inspires and depends on, is no good reason for, well, anything - ever.
A very childish answer. Brexit and the tories are killing the country. The UK is heading for the title "king of corruption". If you cant see that then sorry
That's not the issue, even if true. That's just you having a benny and resorting to taunts.
Scot Dutchy wrote:
We did not suffer like the UK. Vaccination was quickly discovered the way out so a great emphasis was made and is still fully available free of charge. We are a very rich country like the UK used to be but all the money is now offshore and the UK is heading for the "poorman in Europe" position.
We had vaccinations too. The NHS adminstered the very first vaccination in fact. That's also not the issue. It took 9 months to develop the first vaccine, and another month before it was in anyone's arm, and Europe still had another year of public health restrictions after that. COVID had an impact on even our rich societies for a good 18 months. Pretending it didn't, or that it's had no meaningful consequences for anyone is unrealistic.
Scot Dutchy wrote:
As for the nationalist fervour you are looking in the wrong place. We leave that to the Brexiteers. All Europe is doing ok which makes Brexit look even worse. We dont need the UK which I said along with many others at the beginning of Brexit.
One of the first things needed to be changed in the UK is the system of government and finances until then you are lost.
"We" this. "We" that. You obviously feel you are able to speak for your country of residence, but don't expect me to speak for mine. Your denying that COVID has had an impact on people, particular the poor, sick, younger and/or other marginalised people. You deny this because you're not aware of those impacts, and you probably assume that because you don't see it then it doesn't exist. You are simply wrong.
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Good luck with Brexit and the tories you need it. Good luck with all those lovely trade agreements your wonderful government is making.
You're a one track pony. I am not a Brexitarian. I have no influence on the political ideology of the Tory party. Stop trying to goad me over Brexit. It's a waste of your time and mine.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:16 pm

Brexit is a fact and so is the tory party. You dont think Brexit has no influence on the way the UK is being run!?
It is not destroying the UK? Please...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:38 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:16 pm
Brexit is a fact and so is the tory party. You dont think Brexit has no influence on the way the UK is being run!?
It is not destroying the UK? Please...
I didn't say any of that. It's irrelevant.
Brian Peacock wrote:
It's pretty clear that the pandemic has had a huge impact on the world - particularly if one is willing to look beyond one's own doorstep. The truth is that you're lucky enough to live in a country that's been able to withstand it better than most. As do I. We shouldn't assume that because things feel kinda back to normal for us then the legacy of COVID is a small or trivial matter - let alone be nonexistent - either for the majority of the world's mutually interdependent populations, nor for the poorer, sicker, younger and/or marginalised members of our own populations...
Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:42 pm
You're denying that COVID has had an impact on people, particular the poor, sick, younger and/or other marginalised people. You deny this because you're not aware of those impacts, and you probably assume that because you don't see it then it doesn't exist. You are simply wrong...
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:34 pm

Once again... Off you go again. Do you have a special covid in the UK? You are not willing to accept that Brexit has more impact on the UK than covid. Brexit has really fucked the UK. Covid on the other hand was made to look as if it fucked the UK. You cant accept that the problems in the UK is political/economic and the tory party is doing the fucking. Read the columns as you will find few backers.

Covid is not a problem here so please take it elsewhere. The data was corrupt like the UK government.
Last edited by Scot Dutchy on Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:37 pm

Please dont make me say "I told you so" again. The UK is fucked for the next 50 years. You will never get back into the EU. We dont need you.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:54 pm

The UK is not my only reference point. You should try reading what I wrote in a more charitable tone, and then expand your horizons beyond your doorstep.

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:02 pm

Why in the fuck is he talking about Brexit?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:40 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:54 pm
The UK is not my only reference point. You should try reading what I wrote in a more charitable tone, and then expand your horizons beyond your doorstep.
You fucking what? The same old Brian when you lose an argument.Brian your mind is clogged up with the crap of UK media. You have no way of expanding your horizons. Cant you see what Brexit has done? Do you realise you are fucked by the only party in the UK. Once again the path dries up as your comprehension does as well.

A hint: Covid is dead (for the rest of the world at least).

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:50 pm

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:56 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:40 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:54 pm
You fucking what? The same old Brian when you lose an argument.Brian your mind is clogged up with the crap of UK media. You have no way of expanding your horizons. Cant you see what Brexit has done? Do you realise you are fucked by the only party in the UK. Once again the path dries up as your comprehension does as well.

A hint: Covid is dead (for the rest of the world at least).
What argument? All I seen is you claiming that COVID has had no impact and no consequences for health and health outcomes, the economy, education and child welfare, and that the poor, sick, and other marginalised people are unaffected - and when I suggest you're mistaken you get antsy and start trying to blame the UK for something or other. I'm not talking about the UK, I'm talking about everywhere, including the Netherlands. The idea that the UK is experiencing singular and completely unique issues is, frankly, laughable. So you're OK and things are back to normal for you. Good. Now go read some Dutch studies and get back to me when you've calmed down a bit.

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:54 pm

You are two years out of date. Not here I am afraid but of course you cant accept that. Covid is history. Dont get your knickers in a twist about it. You have far bigger problems to worry about.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:59 am

Covid is still killing people you utter halfwit. It's absolutely not over.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:00 am

It will never stop killing people.