Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by Cunt » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:57 pm

Hermit wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:05 am
Cunt wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:36 am
Can't disagree with you on that!
So, no clarification. Thanks for nothing.
You are most welcome. It's exactly what you deserve.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:41 am

Solving a problem?

More than half of England’s coronavirus-related deaths will be people from care homes
Toll could hit 34,000 among country’s most vulnerable residents by end of June, estimates expert study

Care home residents are on course to make up more than half the deaths caused directly or indirectly by the coronavirus crisis in England, according to a new analysis.

The study warns that the death toll by the end of June from Covid-19 infections and other excess deaths is “likely to approach 59,000 across the entire English population, of which about 34,000 (57%) will have been care home residents”.

The estimate, produced by the major healthcare business consultancy LaingBuisson, includes people who list a care home as their primary residence, wherever they died – including those who died in hospital.

It is based on data from the Office for National Statistics, as well as the analyst’s own modelling of the number of care home resident deaths likely to have occurred in the absence of the pandemic.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:44 am

How safe is the data?

Global report: Bolsonaro hides Brazil's coronavirus death toll and case totals
Brazil’s running tallies deleted; reports of imminent antibody treatment breakthrough; economic fallout continues

Brazil’s government has stopped publishing a running total of coronavirus deaths and infections in an extraordinary move that critics call an attempt to hide the true toll of the disease.

The move came after months of criticism from experts saying Brazil’s statistics are woefully deficient and in some cases manipulated, meaning it may never be possible to gain a real understanding of the depth of the pandemic in the country.

As the global tally of confirmed cases approached 6.9 million, with nearly 400,000 deaths, Brazil’s last official numbers showed it had recorded more than 34,000 deaths related to the coronavirus, the third-highest number in the world, just ahead of Italy. It reported nearly 615,000 infections, putting it at the second-highest, behind the US. Brazil, with about 210 million people, is the world’s seventh most populous nation.

On Friday the federal health ministry took down a website that had showed daily, weekly and monthly figures on infections and deaths in Brazilian states. On Saturday the site returned but the total numbers of infections for states and the entire country were no longer there. The site was showing only the numbers for the previous 24 hours.
Is he the only one? It is political.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:10 am

I thought you were telling us last week that governments were over reporting the numbers. Now it's under reporting? So hard to keep up with your conspiracy theories..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:58 am

The cull involves farm workers in protective clothing
Too fekkin right! :lay:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:48 am

I think that it's a fair bet that, on average, the inaccuracies in Covid-19 data underestimate both cases and deaths, whether through inability to gather the data or government manipulation...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:25 am

No Jim, the government wants to control us. That's why they inflate the numbers. Except in Brazil where the authoritarian government doesn't want to control their citizens.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:26 am

Aye Jim. Official UK figures since March 1st have confirmed hospital deaths and community deaths in which Covid-19 appeared on death certificates (as primary, contributory or suspected cause) at 40,000+, but data on excess death is also very troubling...
Between 7 March and 1 May 2020, a total of 130,009 deaths were registered across England and Wales; this represents an excess of 46,380 death registrations compared to the five-year average, and 12,900 of these deaths (27.8%) did not involve the coronavirus (COVID-19).

In the period from Week 11 (ending 13 March) to Week 18 (ending 1 May), over 8,000 fewer deaths were registered in hospitals than in the corresponding period in the weekly average, a decrease of 20.9%; in contrast, almost 11,000 more deaths were registered in care homes, an increase of 60.5%, and over 8,000 more deaths were registered in private homes in this period, an increase of 42.6%.

The largest increases in non-COVID-19 deaths compared to the five-year average are seen in deaths due to "dementia and Alzheimer disease" and "symptoms, signs and ill-defined conditions" (the latter mostly indicating old age and frailty); overall, there have been 5,404 excess deaths (an increase of 52.2% on the five-year average) due to dementia and Alzheimer disease and 1,567 excess deaths (an increase of 77.8%) due to "symptoms signs and ill-defined conditions" from Week 11 (ending 13 March) to Week 18 (ending 1 May), which together comprise two thirds of total non-COVID-19 excess deaths in this period.

Deaths due to causes such as asthma and diabetes increased up to the week ending 24 April 2020 and occurred increasingly outside hospital; this could suggest a delay in care for these conditions is leading to an increase in deaths, although this rise could also be related to undiagnosed COVID-19.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... nicalannex
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:45 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:25 am
No Jim, the government wants to control us. That's why they inflate the numbers. Except in Brazil where the authoritarian government doesn't want to control their citizens.
...except in the poor communities, where the wealthy elite encourage people to go out and spread the virus among themselves. It's ok though, because it's for a cause.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:51 am

This is a bit of a worry:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/rese ... 550k9.html
A growing body of evidence suggests that coronavirus could affect the brain and the nervous system – with as yet unknown long-term consequences.

Since the pandemic's start, a small group of patients has reported headaches, nausea, and confusion. Others lose their sense of taste and smell. COVID-19 also seems linked to an increased risk of stroke.

Taken together, these symptoms suggest that while doctors deal with the obvious symptoms of COVID-19, the virus may in some cases be having unseen effects on a person's central nervous system – with unknown long-term effects.

“It is a rare complication but it certainly does exist,” said Robb Wesselingh, a neurologist at The Alfred hospital and Monash University.

It is not yet clear how common or how serious such symptoms are in people with COVID-19.

But Dr Wesselingh suspects a small but significant number of people may have those symptoms. And with doctors more focused on a patient’s breathing, “our primary concern is that a lot of these patients may [be] missed,” he said.

To find out, he is working with the Australian and New Zealand Association of Neurologists to build a national database to track any COVID-19 patient with nerve-related symptoms.

The database will take in new cases and go back through old ones, allowing it to pick up any symptoms that may have been missed during the virus’s peak.

He is also working on plans – as yet unfunded – with The Alfred to set up a bio-bank to hold blood samples from patients with confirmed neurological symptoms. Those blood samples could give clues as to why they had the symptoms and other patients did not.

Perhaps most importantly, Dr Wesselingh's database will allow patients to be tracked long-term, to see if any signs of neural damage emerge.

“Could [the virus] set up in some patients some long-term neurological problems? We don’t have any evidence that’s the case. But long-term has not existed for this virus,” says Professor Terence O’Brien, head of neuroscience at Monash University and director of neurology at The Alfred, who is also part of the project.

If the nerves and brain are compromised by the virus that is a big worry because they are much slower to heal than other parts of the body.

“We know from a lot of neurological diseases that once you have damage, it does not recover well,” said Dr Wesselingh.

“You may have people with ongoing cognitive problems, seizures, mood and anxiety disorders down the track.”
:?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:06 pm

The loss of taste and smell show that the virus can be neuro-toxic.

Frank Zappa

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:08 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:06 pm
The loss of taste and smell show that the virus can be neuro-toxic.
The loss of taste and smell is most likely not the virus directly affecting nerve cells but swelling of nasal tissue temporally putting too much pressure on nerve cells.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:53 pm

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:16 pm

Tero wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:53 pm
BE925FF4-A14D-4B64-9C95-3E614DDADBCA.png

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... -worsening
Seems the WHO is consistently and regularly becoming known for being inconsistent and irregular.

I wonder what their official statement on chiropractic is...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:28 pm

Ah but that's science. It's not like law or economics. The answer keeps changing. Not all the factors into a complex situation, such as a virus and its victim, are measurable.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...