The Coronavirus Thread

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:10 am

:tea: :coffee: :tea: :coffee: :tea: :coffee: :tea: :coffee: :tea: :coffee: :tea: :coffee:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:33 am

Cunt wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:00 am
In other news, Musk will be releasing 'the Fauci files' later this week.

51 current and former intelligence officials say that it has all the hallmarks of a racist far-right conspiracy theory
51?
Gosh that is a lot.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:43 pm

(Trying to sell a paper)
Not now kraken corona!
not now kraken korona.jpg
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:09 am

The usual confederacy of dunces has latched onto the collapse of a professional American football player on-field (his heart stopped after a hard blow to his chest) as supposedly another instance of Covid-related heart disease. You can be sure this site would have been regaled with quotes from incisive tweets on the topic if the itinerant peddler of errant bullshit hadn't just toddled off for another long break.

This piece takes way too long to dissect the question, but then that is one of the advantages that errant bullshit enjoys--it often takes much longer to refute than to proclaim.

'Here's Why Anti-Vaxxers Pounced on Damar Hamlin's Collapse
Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin suffered cardiac arrest and collapsed after making a tackle during a Monday Night Football game versus the Cincinnati Bengals. While most saw a tragedy, anti-vaxxers saw opportunity.

As of this writing, the reason Hamlin’s heart stopped remains unknown—one possibility raised by cardiologists is an arrhythmia caused by blunt impact to the chest—but that didn’t stop conspiracy theorists from baselessly claiming it was a COVID-19 vaccine.

Whether Hamlin has taken the vaccine or any boosters, and (if so) how many doses he’s had, isn’t publicly known either. He was in the league last season, when the NFL said “nearly 95 percent of players are vaccinated,” so it’s likely he’s had at least one COVID shot, but even if that’s the case, we have no idea if he’s had any since, and most of the already rare heart issues that arose after vaccination have occurred within seven days of getting one.

Nevertheless, some MAGA influencers, such as YouTuber Tim Pool and former Navy officer Andrew Rose, used the incident to declare that public health officials’ were lying when they said approved COVID vaccines are “safe and effective.”

Celebrity doctors who have spread doubts about COVID shots got in on the action too. Drew Pinksy, the former host of VH1’s Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew, tweeted “Another athlete who dropped suddenly” to his 2.6 million followers, implying the number of athlete collapses spiked in the last two years (it hasn’t), and that medical examination has indicated the not-actually-real spike was caused by vaccines.

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:16 am

so glad partner and I have dodged this.. :eek:
so far,,,,

Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:09 pm

this too very informative and enjoyable

Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:19 pm

I still haven't had it :console:
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:51 pm

Neither partner nor I have either but so many close to us have.....and one seems permanently disabled and another nearly died ( he was asymptomatic but had it and nearly did not make it )

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:07 pm

I don't even know if I've had it. At any rate, I got 4 shots, and expect to get more in time

The funny bit is that in August, I had a very bad flu like thing (I mean , I got to 39.6C° fever, and was completely exhausted... but I noticed it only because, about Aug 15, the weather turned and I noticed I had been blaming the hot weather, but was still feeling bad when it turned cooler. I took a test, when in the very middle of it, with high fever, and it was n egative. But the quackl insisted it really looked like a covid thing... so basically, I don't know if my doctor was mistaken, or if the tests are actually worthless.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:45 pm

Tests aren't worthless but not perfect, especially the lateral flow tests. They depend a lot on that you perform them correctly which is not easy.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:27 pm

Well, the test I took was in the very middle of the illness and performed bby a professional... so if it could yield a false negative under those conditions, I think that the difference from absolute worthlessness is kind of negligible

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:39 pm

Hm. PCR performed by a medical professional? Or Lateral Flow performed by some guy in a pop-up test-center at your local Kebab place? :hehe:

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:02 pm

Nose rape performed by a supposedly trained person a a regular pharmacy.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:03 pm

I mean, I doubt the lady is a full on pharmacist, but she's the one in charge of their lab.

Do PCR and lateral flow have the same speed in delivering results? if not, I guess it may have been lateral flow for swiftness.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:06 pm

Okay, pharmacy sounds good. Over here a lot of test centres were operated by former kebab shop personnel. Lateral Flow takes 15 minutes while PCR takes several hours.