The Coronavirus Thread

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by JimC » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:18 am

Some of each, I believe...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:47 am

Deaths after vaccination, swine flu example:

According to Marie-Paule Kieny of WHO assessing the side-effects of large-scale influenza vaccination is complicated by the fact that in any large population a few people will become ill and die at any time.[71] For example, in any six-week period in the UK six sudden deaths from unknown causes and 22 cases of Guillain–Barré syndrome would be expected, so if everyone in the UK were vaccinated, this background rate of illness and death would continue as normal and some people would die simply by chance soon after the vaccination.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_sw ... ic_vaccine

23 people died in Norway after vaccination. But 400 die in their nursing homes every week.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:20 am

UK clocks the highest Covid-19 mortality rate per head of population - if you believe in fairy data of course.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:36 am

NineBerry wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:12 am
Are you going to get the good mRNA stuff or the cheap stuff from Oxford?
I'm waiting for Cambridge to come up with something, expected no later than 2030.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:50 am

Hermit you are totally confused. the Lancet report said wear medical grade masks along with social distancing and eye protection. The latter you hear very little about. Not if cant social distance wear a mask.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:59 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:50 am
Hermit you are totally confused. the Lancet report said wear medical grade masks along with social distancing and eye protection. The latter you hear very little about. Not if cant social distance wear a mask.
...by that logic you're saying that if you don't wear trousers there is no point in wearing knickers.
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:05 am

rainbow wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:59 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
...by that logic you're saying that if you don't wear trousers there is no point in wearing knickers.
That is YHL.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:08 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:05 am
rainbow wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
That is YHL.
:blah: I'm not the Scotsman here. :blah:
BArF−4

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:11 am

Brian Peacock wrote:UK clocks the highest Covid-19 mortality rate per head of population - if you believe in fairy data of course.
Haven't you learnt anything, Brian? Data that makes the UK look bad is OK.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:15 am

rainbow wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:08 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
That is YHL.
Nor am I. :hehe:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:16 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
I am not confused. I suggest you look up the meaning of the word 'contradiction'. To save you the trouble, here is the definition given by the Oxford English Dictionary: "A combination of statements, ideas, or features which are opposed to one another." and "The statement of a position opposite to one already made." It gives this example in case the reader has comprehension problems: "the second sentence appears to be in flat contradiction of the first." Learn it. Take as long as you like.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:20 am

Hermit wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:16 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
I am not confused. I suggest you look up the meaning of the word 'contradiction'. To save you the trouble, here is the definition given by the Oxford English Dictionary: "A combination of statements, ideas, or features which are opposed to one another." and "The statement of a position opposite to one already made." It gives this example in case the reader has comprehension problems: "the second sentence appears to be in flat contradiction of the first." Learn it. Take as long as you like.
It is about time you learned comprehension. You are severely lacking. Just take your time as I know large documents confuse you.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:28 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:20 am
Hermit wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
It is about time you learned comprehension. You are severely lacking. Just take your time as I know large documents confuse you.
Stop shooting blanks. Both, the Lancet report and the advice in Britain recommend a combination of measures. While the latter does not mention eye protection, the omission does not constitute a contradiction. I repeat: Learn the meaning of the word. Knowing the meanings of words helps defuddling minds. Yours is in desperate need of that.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:15 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:15 am
rainbow wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:08 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
That is YHL.
Nor am I. :hehe:
Sorry, my mistake. You just like wearing tartan skirts.

Which was my point which you failed to grasp. :fp: :fp:
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:47 am

Hermit wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:28 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:20 am
Hermit wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Stop shooting blanks. Both, the Lancet report and the advice in Britain recommend a combination of measures. While the latter does not mention eye protection, the omission does not constitute a contradiction. I repeat: Learn the meaning of the word. Knowing the meanings of words helps defuddling minds. Yours is in desperate need of that.
Comprehension, comprehension. Please learn to read and understand. You seem incapable of it. The two reports are at odds with each other but yet you cant see it. I just give up it is impossible to have a conversation with someone who cant comprehend.