The Coronavirus Thread

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by JimC » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:03 pm

I'm continuing to wear a mask in indoor public spaces...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:15 pm

Had the 6G jab and my flu shot today - one in either arm.

One sore arm this evening - can you guess which one? pErvy will give you quid if you guess right :D
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:16 pm

Fairy vaccines!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:53 am

I haven't had a jab for months now (since my 4th one...)

I'm getting vaccine withdrawal symptoms! :lay:
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:51 am

JimC wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:03 pm
I'm continuing to wear a mask in indoor public spaces...
Same here.

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:06 am

Yeah grocery stores and even at the Barrine Tea House today for ordering tho it's really open air.
Trying to get shopping trips down to one a week.
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:06 pm

Not sure how vaccine-induced magnetism works with the 5G signals. Further studies must be made.

'Doc who thinks vaccinated people are magnetic is in big trouble with med board'
The State Medical Board of Ohio is threatening to limit, suspend, or even permanently revoke the medical license of Sherri Tenpenny, the infamous anti-vaccine doctor who made headlines last year for falsely testifying to state lawmakers that COVID-19 vaccinations make people magnetic—among espousing other nonsensical anti-vaccine-related conspiracy theories.

"I'm sure you've seen the pictures all over the Internet of people who have had these shots and now they're magnetized," Tenpenny said in her viral testimony. "You can put a key on their forehead—it sticks. You can put spoons and forks all over and they can stick because now we think there is a metal piece to that."

She went on to suggest that there may be an "interface—yet to be defined" between the components of lifesaving vaccines and "all of the 5G towers." She added that the connection is "not proven yet" but that "we're trying to figure [it] out."

That bizarre testimony was given on June 8, 2021. About a month later, on July 14, an investigator for the state medical board showed up at Tenpenny's medical office wanting to ask her some questions, according to a letter from the state medical board, which was dated September 14, 2022.

In October [2021], the [Ohio medical] board tried again, issuing a subpoena for Tenpenny to show up to an investigatory deposition on November 3. Tenpenny did not attend. Finally, in June of this year, the board tried again to summon Tenpenny for an "investigative office conference," but she responded that she did not believe the investigation had a "lawful basis" and failed to appear.

Regardless of the subject or findings of the investigation, the board determined that Tenpenny's failure to cooperate with the investigation was a grave violation on its own. As such, they notified her that her license is now at stake. The board can issue a reprimand or probation, or it can limit or revoke her license, which was renewed last September amid the investigation.

Tenpenny has the option to request a hearing, which she reportedly has, though the date of the hearing is not yet set. The board, however, seemed to include a stark warning about the hearing request in their letter, writing:
Please note that, whether or not you request a hearing, Section 4731.22(L), Ohio Revised Code provides that '[w]hen the board refuses to grant or issue a license or certificate to practice to an applicant, [or] revokes an individual's license or certificate to practice … the board may specify that its action is permanent. An individual subject to a permanent action taken by the board is forever thereafter ineligible to hold a license or certificate to practice…'

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:23 am

She will probably declare herself a sovereign individual whose freedom to practice medicine cannot be infringed by the state... :roll:
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:17 pm

Wednesday's 31,444 new local COVID-19 infections broke a record set on April 13, when the commercial hub of Shanghai was crippled by a city-wide lockdown of its 25 million residents that would last two months.

This time, however, big outbreaks are numerous and far-flung, with the biggest in the southern city of Guangzhou and southwestern Chongqing, although hundreds of new infections are reported daily in cities such as Chengdu, Jinan, Lanzhou and Xian.

Nomura estimates that more than a fifth of China's GDP is under lockdown, a share bigger than the British economy.
https://www.reuters.com/world/china/chi ... 022-11-24/
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:46 am

Parents refuse use of vaccinated blood in life-saving surgery on baby
New Zealand’s health service has made a court application over the guardianship of a four-month-old baby whose parents are refusing to allow his life-saving heart surgery to go ahead unless non-vaccinated blood is used.

The parents of the baby discussed their son’s health situation and their medical preferences in an interview with an anti-vaccination campaigner.

In the interview the parents say their baby has severe pulmonary valve stenosis, and that he needs surgery “almost immediately”, but that they are “extremely concerned with the blood [the doctors] are going to use”.

“We don’t want blood that is tainted by vaccination,” the father said. “That’s the end of the deal – we are fine with anything else these doctors want to do.” ...
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:01 pm

Well, fuck you dad. Kids have rights too.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:45 pm

When you see that it often happens that doctors respect the wishes of JW parents not to give blood to a hurt kid...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:18 pm

I need to get off my butt and do another covid test before I go to my psychiatrist's office this afternoon. I took one when I first started having symptoms in the covid-cold-flu cluster and it was negative, but being a rapid antigen test, false negatives are far too common for me to depend upon one test result alone.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:56 pm

Good girl.

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:13 pm

Why do I always get a warped one?

I was using the last test in the kit I received from the government at the beginning of the pandemic and I performed all the requisite steps down to the final step only to realize that the test I was using was defective -- there had been no fluid in the tube. Fortunately, I have plenty more acquired since then, though of a different make. The new make was in some ways easier to perform and in other ways worse. I suspect the result is reasonably reliable given the limits of the test, but not without a minor caveat that there wasn't quite as much original fluid in the tube as the test instructions insist upon. It's still got a few minutes to go, but it looks like another negative result.