Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by Hermit » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:59 pm

Tero wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:33 pm
Hermit wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:24 pm
Tero wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:26 am
Fake facts! You can't have negative deaths.
The chart is not indicating negative deaths. It shows a lower death rate than the average number of deaths in the previous five years at the corresponding time.
It was a joke.

Coming from you, I should have twigged to it even without some sort of smiley flagging it as 'not serious'. You don't spout errant rubbish like that and mean it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:03 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:04 am
FFS cant you bloody read! Vicland is heading for the world record lockdown.

NSW reports ‘dramatic drop’ in new Covid cases as Melbourne edges closer to world’s longest lockdown
Victoria’s Covid infections have dropped slightly with Melbourne’s 246-day lockdown to become the world’s longest on Tuesday.
Scot, pErv lives in regional NSW, not Victoria...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:19 pm

Long lockdowns are fine. You don't win this pissing contest Scot.

Australia
Cases
Deaths

Netherlands
Cases
Deaths

And Australia has 7 million more population.
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:35 pm

finland vaccines.jpg
Finland is 75% vaccinated. It seems to be a good part one shot vaccines. I don't know what is going on with 12-18 year olds. There is more vaccine resistance than previous viruses and school kid vaccinations. I blame Trump.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:29 pm

macdoc wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:19 pm
Long lockdowns are fine. You don't win this pissing contest Scot.

Australia
Cases
Deaths

Netherlands
Cases
Deaths

And Australia has 7 million more population.
Once again you dont realise this data is totally untrustworthy. It is fairy data. There is no worldwide agreement what is a Covid death or infection. Ozland may have more population but how big is the island? What population density are we talking about. Ozland has only 3 inhabitants per sq.km. We have 420. Ozland is an empty country. It has five small urban conurbations kilometres apart. Your lockdowns have proved fuck all. You simply cant vaccinate.
We are heading for 90% fully vaccinated you are only 48%.
Just try again.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:31 am

You lose again

Nearly all those deaths are in cities over 5 million - national population density per sq km means squat ...what laughable dodge ....and our medical system knows very well when it's a covid death ...we only had 1800 to analyse.

No one is denying Australia lags in vaccinations - there were supply issues plus there was almost no covid at all. Still zilch in Queensland.

You know nothing about Australia - never have.

You didn't take strict enough measures and Australia and New Zealand did....a magitude different outcome as a result
Canada didn't either and suffering the consequence even with 80% over 12 fully vaxxed

One only has to look at the disaster in Alberta for caution on opening too soon.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ ... -1.6198659
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:35 am

If we had combined our early success with travel restrictions and lockdowns with starting the vaccine push a few months earlier, we'd be laughing. The delay is all down to a complacent Federal coalition government.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:51 am

macdoc wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:31 am
You lose again

Nearly all those deaths are in cities over 5 million - national population density per sq km means squat ...what laughable dodge ....and our medical system knows very well when it's a covid death ...we only had 1800 to analyse.

No one is denying Australia lags in vaccinations - there were supply issues plus there was almost no covid at all. Still zilch in Queensland.

You didn't take strict enough measures and Australia and New Zealand did....a magitude different outcome as a result
Canada didn't either and suffering the consequence even with 80% over 12 fully vaxxed

One only has to look at the disaster in Alberta for caution on opening too soon.
Nobody moves in Queensland or goes there. :lol: I suppose the red-eye flights from Jappenland dont arrive in Cairns anymore at 4 am.
Ozland and Fernland backed the wrong horse. You thought elimination would work and was cheap. You cant eliminate a virus only vaccinate. Your urban areas are so far apart. You cant compare countries like the ones in Europe to Ozland and Fernland. You are so remote and it should have been jack easy to handle the virus.
Your knowledge of Europe is very lacking if not null.

I agree fully with Jim but initial success went to Ozland's head and it never bothered to order vaccines.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:10 am

JimC wrote:If we had combined our early success with travel restrictions and lockdowns with starting the vaccine push a few months earlier, we'd be laughing. The delay is all down to a complacent Federal coalition government.
Vaccine supply was also a factor, though not an unpredictable or insurmountable one.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:17 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:10 am
JimC wrote:If we had combined our early success with travel restrictions and lockdowns with starting the vaccine push a few months earlier, we'd be laughing. The delay is all down to a complacent Federal coalition government.
Vaccine supply was also a factor, though not an unpredictable or insurmountable one.
A factor but as a first world country and produces its own vaccine.

Can Australia produce mRNA COVID-19 vaccines such as Pfizer?
Vaccine experts say Australia has the potential to make mRNA vaccines such as Pfizer on home soil — but it will take time and investment to ramp up domestic manufacturing capabilities.

This follows health authorities advising that the Pfizer vaccine should be given to Australians aged under 50, amid concerns of rare blood clots potentially linked to the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Archa Fox, an mRNA researcher at the University of Western Australia, says there is nothing stopping us from making the Pfizer vaccine here.

"This is what we've been saying for almost a year. We could be making it. We just need investment," she says.

"It is actually not that complicated to do from a scientific point of view.

"The technology, the equipment — it exists, we can buy it, we just need, essentially, the will."

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:26 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:51 am
macdoc wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:31 am
You lose again

Nobody moves in Queensland or goes there. :lol: I suppose the red-eye flights from Jappenland dont arrive in Cairns anymore at 4 am.
Ozland and Fernland backed the wrong horse. You thought elimination would work and was cheap. You cant eliminate a virus only vaccinate.
Australia and New Zealand did a good job at elimination of the original variant of the virus (aside from Victoria which is a fuck up). Delta was where it all went pear-shaped. Too infectious to realistically eliminate (although Qld did just that twice).
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:35 am

Who is now wearing masks and is still restricted; we are not.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:51 am

This has been explained to you so many times it's pointless discussing anything with you.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:06 am

Talking about yourself once again and your childish replies TB.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:13 am

Unsupported claim.