The Coronavirus Thread

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by NineBerry » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:02 am

You should start your own brand of alternative medicine practice. You are just as educated as all those people are.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:02 am

NineBerry wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:02 am
You should start your own brand of alternative medicine practice. You are just as educated as all those people are.
You should deny reality, like pretending that larger bodies don't require larger calorie, air, water AND equipment suspension budgets.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:17 am

NineBerry wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:44 pm
There's nothing to laugh about. The severe symptoms develop after the height of virus shedding is already over, because the severe symptoms aren't a result of the primary infection in the upper respiratory tract but occur because the virus starts to spread further in the body in the lower respiratory tract and the blood. Causing severe symptoms but not causing a lot of virus shedding anymore.
Cunt wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:51 pm
Eddie (the obese guy I posted about in the other thread) ALWAYS uses more breath than you, since you are a teeny, shallow breathing human. (compared to him in 2016)

I am also, with my modest cardio strength, a teeny, shallow breathing human compared to him. And I'm 5'13" and near 200lbs

Bigger people consume more...everything.
It is so abundantly clear that you know absolutely fuck all about this virus, Cunt.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:33 am

I was talking about larger people, and their larger consumption of everything.

Moving more fluid (blood, air or cheesecake) through bigger bodies is more. More energy, more wear and tear, more earth devastated to produce more food. More of that food shit out, and meaning more waste to move.

Except the covids. You are surely right about that. No increase in that due to increased panting and wheezing. I don't mind being wrong.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:50 am

Cunt wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:33 am
I was talking about larger people, and their larger consumption of everything.
Well, you moved on to that after erroneously shaming and blaming fatties for endangering the rest of us. You keep punching down if it makes you feel better about yourself. But by your 'logic' men are far more of a statistical threat to the rest of us than the big boned. There's more men than obese people right?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:00 am

How is it 'punching down' to point out excess? Punching 'down' to the 2/3 majority in my country?

The height of privilege is to corpulently condemn people for being disgusted by gluttony.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:09 am

It's interesting that you use the word "disgusted". Clearly, you have psychological issues with your (past?) overweight condition, and they have spilled over into an emotional reaction to other overweight people, which you bolster with any argument you can dredge up about the consequences of obesity...
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:13 am

He won't own that Jim. Just thank Fred he didn't alight on indigiounous slaughterhouse workers, or the disabled? :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:49 am

JimC wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:09 am
It's interesting that you use the word "disgusted".
It's common enough, for people to be disgusted by gluttony. It's amusing to see people pretend it isn't legitimate though.

Clearly, you have psychological issues with your (past?) overweight condition, and they have spilled over into an emotional reaction to other overweight people, which you bolster with any argument you can dredge up about the consequences of obesity...
I do have them, and honestly, I seldom have anywhere to speak fairly freely and honestly about it. Close friends (when it comes up) including fat ones, by the way. And here.

You may have heard my complaints about free speech and ratz before, so I want you to hear this - it's good here.

I wonder if it is killing as much as the 'rona...
How many deaths does obesity cause each year?
Obesity has reached epidemic proportions globally, with at least 2.8 million people dying each year as a result of being overweight or obese.
What's the 'rona up to? And should we be encouraging more masks, or more fasting?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:01 am

So it looks like (at a glance) that obesity is still killing more people annually than coronavirus is total. (which is a bit over a year)

Maybe we should put the fast food industry on lockdown for awhile.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:25 am

Increased mortality in the slim elderly: a 42 years follow-up study in a general population
https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 009-9390-3
:roll:
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:26 am

Cunt wrote:So it looks like (at a glance) that obesity is still killing more people annually than coronavirus is total. (which is a bit over a year)

Maybe we should put the fast food industry on lockdown for awhile.
Obesity isn't contagious.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:36 am

I'm not going to say that obesity is not a health problem in the west, nor that corporate fast food companies are enabling it. But it has little to do with pragmatic action against covid-19...
And my gin!

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:19 am

Where it comes into play with Covid is impairing lung function
Why COVID-19 is more deadly in people with obesity—even if ...www.sciencemag.org › news › 2020/09 › why-covid-1...
8 Sept 2020 — But on its own, “BMI [body mass index] remains a strong independent risk factor” for severe COVID-19, according to several studies that adjusted .
Got an in person view of that in Chili at 4500m - really had a hard time getting enough oxygen and had to sleep in an odd position.
It doesn't make a person more at risk for getting covid ...but rather if a person gets a serious case then there is higher risk of mortality.

On the other hand
Obesity paradox in patients with cancer: A ... - medRxivwww.medrxiv.org › content
PDF
by F Petrelli · ‎Cited by 3 · ‎Related articles
2 May 2020 — In lung cancer, obesity has favourable effects on long-term survival of surgical patients. Moreover, in renal cell carcinoma an inconsistent effect of BMI on cancer- .
in other words ...it's complicated :roll:
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:41 am

So it can't be put in meme form? What will Cunt do?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.