The Coronavirus Thread

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by Tero » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:36 pm

And did they fly in? Stop all those tourisrs and commuters. Let only cargo in.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:37 pm

My mum: "Trump isn't doing enough to fight this virus."
Also my mum: "If they come out with a vaccine eventually, I'd be afraid to take it."
:sigh:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:50 pm

Tero wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:36 pm
And did they fly in? Stop all those tourisrs and commuters. Let only cargo in.
They travelled, but it's complicated here. (probably more so elsewhere)

The roads are shut. The government airports are shut.

Float planes, ski planes and skidoos are tougher to monitor. Someone could have a camp anywhere in NT, and are only limited by the range of their ski-plane.

Travel by water is also a problem, once it opens up again.

I'm hopeful anyway, because of the high compliance I'm seeing, anything suspicious would stand out, and be called out pretty quickly.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:24 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:51 pm
Looking at what he said about the beginning of this year and the end of last year about how many cases of flu there was I have questions about my wife's and my illness in January. We both had all the symptoms of corona and I ended up in hospital with extremely high temperature and coughing. Also the pains in my chest. The whole thing lasted three weeks and I almost died. Was I cured or did my body cure me?
Did you have to go on a ventilator? How would you have felt if yes and the hospital had said "Sorry, all ventilators are already in use". That is what is currently happening all over the place. It's being reported from Italy and New York. And German hospitals say the same. Some hospitals are already full with patients in the ICU even though they had specifically increased capacity for this. Rows and rows of caskets. 1000 people dying from this on one day in Italy. 800 on the same day in Spain. That's not your usual flue.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:14 pm

Entire patient room is contaminated:
https://www.1011now.com/content/news/St ... 02701.html

Dealing with pressure so air flow is controlled helps.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:23 pm

NineBerry wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:24 pm
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Looking at what he said about the beginning of this year and the end of last year about how many cases of flu there was I have questions about my wife's and my illness in January. We both had all the symptoms of corona and I ended up in hospital with extremely high temperature and coughing. Also the pains in my chest. The whole thing lasted three weeks and I almost died. Was I cured or did my body cure me?
Did you have to go on a ventilator? How would you have felt if yes and the hospital had said "Sorry, all ventilators are already in use". That is what is currently happening all over the place. It's being reported from Italy and New York. And German hospitals say the same. Some hospitals are already full with patients in the ICU even though they had specifically increased capacity for this. Rows and rows of caskets. 1000 people dying from this on one day in Italy. 800 on the same day in Spain. That's not your usual flue.
Didn't you guys just lose a Finance Minister over this crisis?

AvE, a youtuber, is fucking around with manufacturing improvements. It's very hopeful, if you are into mechanical fuckery.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:15 pm

NineBerry wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:24 pm
Scot Dutchy wrote:
That is what they are making from it but of course it does not fit in with your paranoia picture. Yesterday 4000 died on the roads. Please get perspective. A row of caskets where? You are losing it like so many have. German hospitals are not the same. Man man. You have so many IC beds that you are accepting patients from other countries. How do you do it? 60,000 + cases and only 482 dead. 6 dead per 1 million inhabitants.

People like you and I am afraid to say it and I am not insulting but are scaremongers. It cant go bad enough. Look at Sweden. THe one country that has kept its head. Public life just continues. All the cafes and primary schools are open. Kids play with each other. 3,700 cases and 110 dead.

Still it is not the pandemic that the politicians wanted. We are not falling dead fast enough. Italy is not clocking up the numbers. 187 per 1 million inhabitants.

KEEP IT IN PERSPECTIVE

Dont fall for the propaganda.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:43 pm

For the nth time, the number of deaths are FAR lower than they would be if we didn't take the extreme measures we had. These are the number of deaths with severe lockdowns.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:48 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Brian

Although I dont agree with many things Peter Hitchins says in this respect I agree with him totally and he echo's what I have been saying. Cut away the paranoia and look at it rationally as he has done. The way that deaths have been reported is laughable. Are these deaths due to corona or were these people just tested positive for corona? He uses as an example prostrate cancer. There is no evidence as no investigation was fully carried out into the cause of death.
Was that corona? Were we the first wave? No evidence as we were never tested. The same can be said about the cases of corona now. How many deaths are purely corona deaths?
My biggest question is why did governments react the way they did? I agree with his reference to civil liberties. They are under threat and will that threat be removed after the all clear is given?
So your opinion is fully informed by what you don't personally know. Yes, the absence of comprehensive epidemiological data is making the situation confusing, but just look at Lombardy - this is a big clue why governments are taking these extraordinary measures. Yes, one's risk of dying from the coronavirus is, according to your age, about the same as dying within 12 months - that is, the risk increases with age - but that doesn't mean that everybody dying from the infection now was due to die in the next 12 months. The UK had c.550 flu deaths from December to March, but we've had 1,228 deaths attributed to the virus out of 19,522 confirmed cases. If you become sick enough to require hospitalisation then the Covid-19 mortality rate is 6.2% - that's a 15% chance of not getting out of hospital alive (The Netherlands has seen 10,866 confirmed cases of infection and 771 death - which is a mortality rate of 7% and a higher % per head of population than the UK). And as the virus takes hold the number of people requiring medical intervention will rise leading to a significant rise in the mortality rate if health systems cannot meet the need for acute and intensive care beds. These are not good numbers as far as public health is concerned, given that Covid-19 is a lot more contagious then the flu and more likely to kill you if you get it, along with that it has a relatively long asymptomatic period where you're infectious without symptoms. I'm actually bored of explaining these kinds of concerns and considerations to you - and no doubt you'll avoid these points again and continue to offer your Covid Truther opinions as the only sound medical assessment relevant to public policy. What's the alternatives to the actions European governments have taken - and what are we to base those alternative public health policies on - ignorance or wishful thinking?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:55 pm

We're wasting our time, Brian.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:21 pm

You don't seem to mind accepting that the media is full of shit and desperately pushing messages for several reasons, right?

So why can't that be true here? It doesn't change the facts of the virus, only the 'mood' really. I don't think the media is doing well, but listen carefully to Dr. Tam. How is that not a good plan?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:44 pm

The Italy new cases still appear, but now
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coro ... c_in_Italy
Down from 6500 a day to 5000 plus.
Lombardy is showing a slight downturn, barely seen decrease in the slope.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:28 pm

--any antivirals showing promise yet?

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 pm

No. They are all rather specific. A selection of targets for HIV, others for hepatitis.

Example
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ritonavir

Coronaviruses are in this family
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronaviridae

And they are RNA based but not retroviruses like HIV.

I found a web site for coronavirus replication, but is a little complicated without pictures.
Last edited by Tero on Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf