Andrew's goose is well and truly cooked.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Andrew's goose is well and truly cooked.

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:53 pm

The toxic prince: Andrew handed royal P45 after tipping point reached
When member of the public questioned value of the monarchy on ITV leaders’ debate, Buckingham Palace had to act

fter years successfully shrugging off questions about his judgement, his business relationships and, more seriously, his association with the sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, Prince Andrew was finally undone not by a newspaper headline or a law enforcement agency, but by a woman called Sue from Leeds.

It was Sue – surname as yet unknown – who submitted a question to ITV’s leaders’ debate on Monday, asking: “Is the monarchy fit for purpose?” Julie Etchingham, chairing the debate between Jeremy Corbyn and Boris Johnson, put the question to the two party leaders, asking for their answers “in as few words as possible, perhaps even a yes or no”.

And with that, the Guardian has learned, the fate of the Duke of York was sealed. It was one thing for newspaper commentators and Twitter observers, in the wake of Andrew’s calamitous interview on Saturday with BBC Newsnight, to savage the prince’s performance, even to describe his position as untenable.
The indefensible. Randy Andy bites the dust.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: Andrew's goose is well and truly cooked.

Post by Hermit » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:58 am

It was Sue – surname as yet unknown – who submitted a question to ITV’s leaders’ debate on Monday, asking: “Is the monarchy fit for purpose?” Julie Etchingham, chairing the debate between Jeremy Corbyn and Boris Johnson, put the question to the two party leaders, asking for their answers “in as few words as possible, perhaps even a yes or no”.
When Julie Etchingham pointedly asked: "Is Prince Andrew fit for purpose?" Corbyn weaselled out of answering by saying "Before we discuss Prince Andrew, I think we should discuss the victims who were there". Johnson did the exact same thing using different words.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:55 am

Royal is an embarrassment. News at 5.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:56 am

Actually it's worse than that. Shouldn't have been so flippant. The guy's probably a pedo.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:59 am

He is a nasty sleaze, but perhaps wanting sex with 17 year old girls doesn't quite fit the pedo tag..
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:01 am

JimC wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:59 am
He is a nasty sleaze, but perhaps wanting sex with 17 year old girls doesn't quite fit the pedo tag..
Wrong tag indeed, but if you try to teach the public (including reporters, journalists, bloggers etc) the difference between paedophilia, hebephilia and ephebophilia, you'll be pushing shit up the hill.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:23 am

I was using it colloquially. Mainly because I can't ever remember the correct label.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:19 am

Hermit wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:01 am
JimC wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:59 am
Wrong tag indeed, but if you try to teach the public (including reporters, journalists, bloggers etc) the difference between paedophilia, hebephilia and ephebophilia, you'll be pushing shit up the hill.
Entirely agree. Paedo he is not which is all you can say.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:15 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:53 pm
The indefensible. Randy Andy bites the dust.
So what are the consequences?

Fewer duties, more holidays.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:52 pm

Well I would not be surprised he may find himself on an island like Margaret. The royals solution; hide them away.
A quiet spot where he can entertain a few bimbos. Margaret had her toyboys after all.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:15 pm

Hermit wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:58 am
When Julie Etchingham pointedly asked: "Is Prince Andrew fit for purpose?" Corbyn weaselled out of answering by saying "Before we discuss Prince Andrew, I think we should discuss the victims who were there". Johnson did the exact same thing using different words.
I don't think Corbyn weaselled out of that loaded question by not answering with a yes or a no.

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:52 am

Prince Andrew's private office to be moved out of Buckingham Palace
Duke intends to keep working on mentoring scheme despite saying he would step back from public life

Prince Andrew is preparing to leave his private office in Buckingham Palace as he seeks a way to maintain control of an entrepreneurial scheme he set up, despite having agreed to step back from public life.

The palace confirmed on Friday that the Duke of York intended to continue working on the Pitch@Palace scheme, even as Barclays became the latest among a growing number of organisations to sever ties with him over his links to the convicted child sex offender, Jeffrey Epstein.

“The Duke will continue to work on Pitch and will look at how he takes this forward outside of his public duties, and outside of Buckingham Palace,” a spokesman said on Friday. “We recognise there will be a period of time while this transition takes place.”
I wonder which island he will get or maybe a croft on the Outer Hebrides.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:24 am

Nah, he's more the moving to Monaco type I reckon.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:31 am

Nah! Whose is going to protect the rich peoples daughters? Safer on an island like Maggie with a regular supply of prosti's.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:04 am

They are trying to keep the lid on this one:

Met faces new questions over ‘trafficked’ teen in Epstein case
Victims’ tsar to query Force’s decision not to act over Prince Andrew claims

The Victims’ Commissioner is demanding that the Metropolitan Police explain its decision not to pursue a full investigation into claims a teenager was trafficked to the UK to have sex with Prince Andrew.

The Observer understands that Dame Vera Baird QC, a former solicitor general and chair of the Board of the Association of Police and Crime Commissioners, has taken a close interest in the allegations, first examined by Scotland Yard in 2015.

Baird, who has focused on protecting victims of sexual and domestic abuse throughout her career, is currently observing election purdah and cannot speak to the media.
One hell of a lot of smoke.