GE Fraud ?

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: GE Fraud ?

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:36 pm

Certain information in the Report has been made available to Law Enforcement entities only, and has been omitted from the publicly released version.
--not something mentioned by any of the "analysts" I've read so far. I can't imagine how difficult it is to take on a company like this. You've got to think it has friends in very high places.

https://www.gefraud.com/

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:58 pm

The difference between his report and what these guys do on a regular basis is that his word may have actually moved the stock. Am I missing something here? I don't see how that can be considered manipulation, unless they're all guilty of it. :lol:

So what's the point of mentioning it? Well, maybe it's because one of these guys owns the stock and he's not alone.
GE Will Look Much Different a Year From Now
The industrial conglomerate will have higher earnings and cash flow by this time next year -- and a dramatically lower debt load.
There isn't much factual basis for these concerns.
https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/08/ ... m-now.aspx

--so let's check it out in a year.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:45 pm

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:31 pm

General Electric Gets Most of Shareholder Lawsuit Dismissed
Suit alleged yearslong fraud that inflated results in GE’s insurance and power division; plaintiffs can amend claims
The ruling preserved the shareholder claims that GE misled investors by not disclosing its use of factoring—selling future revenue for cash now—to mask the gap between revenue and cash flow.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/general-el ... 1567189512

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:39 pm

Don't worry, Deutsche Bank says the report is flawed. Their analyst claims to be in the unenviable position of defending a company that could be in serious trouble.

Surely the unenviable position is to work for a fraudster, who is now defending another. :dunno:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:39 am

The Website Alleging GE Accounting Fraud Just Disappeared
https://www.barrons.com/articles/wework ... 1569610654

Has he had the meeting with the old men in a smoky room and the Kennedy tape?

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:59 am

Corporate Cronyism exemplified.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:47 pm

GE, Once The Epitome Of Corporate America, Announced It’s Freezing Pensions For 20,000 Employees
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackkelly/ ... b3a2ec1658

The end of pensions has been expected for ages. This won't be seen as a problem.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:03 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:23 am
The only response I could find from 2009:
"GE is committed to the highest standards of accounting," the company said in a statement. "The errors at issue fell short of our standards, and we have implemented numerous remedial actions and internal control enhancements to prevent such errors from recurring."
--error's a weird word for fraud.
but a common excuse
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:07 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:47 pm
GE, Once The Epitome Of Corporate America, Announced It’s Freezing Pensions For 20,000 Employees
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackkelly/ ... b3a2ec1658

The end of pensions has been expected for ages. This won't be seen as a problem.
Obviously not. The trust fund in the Cayman's has ben created to wthstand this sort of bother.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:23 am

If they only had Hunter Biden on their board, they would not be in this mess.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:22 am

Both former CEO's of General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE) should pay back their combined half-a-billion severance packages to restore their reputations. Jack Welsh was awarded $417 million dollars when he parachuted out of the company in 2001 and Jeff Immelt should do the same with the $211 million he took in 2017.

That’s according to The Edge (who source underperforming companies for activist involvement, Special Situations and Spinoffs), stating that the 130-year-old GE is as close to collapse as it’s ever been thanks to the legacy of systemic weakness left by 83-year-old Welch and his 63-year-old successor Immelt.

Welch’s almost half-a-billion dollar payout (worth $600 million today) is believed to have been the largest severance package ever paid to any CEO in the history of corporate America.
Both men earned hundreds of millions of dollars from GE in both salary and benefits, and when Immelt retired in 2017, he was paid $211 million. Given Welch’s admission that he would be judged on his chosen successor’s record, returning their severance packages would be a positive move given the dire state of the company now.
The Edge says GE’s new CEO Larry Culp has a massive fight on his hands as he struggles with the $105.8 billion debt he’s inherited, and the futures of 20,000 salaried U.S. employees who have had their pensions frozen.

Even as dividends have been cut, a legitimate turnaround is still a long way off. Despite the appearance of GE taking the bull by the horns by announcing power plant closures, putting their subprime mortgage business into bankruptcy and detailing massive layoffs in America and Europe (including more than 1,000 US corporate jobs and thousands more in factories in France, England, and Switzerland), the future still does not look good.

Just last month, Culp was highly optimistic, revealing, “There’s still a lot to do, it is a reset year. But net-net, we’re pretty encouraged, I’m confident that in 2020, and in 2021, we’ll see meaningfully better performance for GE as a whole.”

However, sentiment dropped again after J.P. Morgan analyst Stephen Tusa issued a negative outlook and insisted GE’s core business earnings (before interest and taxes) are falling 10% short of the estimates it made in March.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimosman/2 ... dbc8bc787c

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:00 am

...GE’s new CEO Larry Culp...
Sounds like they're hoping for real Culp-ability... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:23 am

I wonder if corporate boards are ever going to be responsible for anything but company profits.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:44 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:58 pm

The difference between his report and what these guys do on a regular basis is that his word may have actually moved the stock. Am I missing something here? I don't see how that can be considered manipulation, unless they're all guilty of it. :lol:

So what's the point of mentioning it? Well, maybe it's because one of these guys owns the stock and he's not alone.
GE Will Look Much Different a Year From Now
The industrial conglomerate will have higher earnings and cash flow by this time next year -- and a dramatically lower debt load.
There isn't much factual basis for these concerns.
https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/08/ ... m-now.aspx

--so let's check it out in a year.
Well, it's been a year and the market still doesn't like GE. If you bought it then you'd be down ~3 dollars a share.

Of course it may be really cheap. Maybe their situation has dramatically changed in one year, making them a steal!

--//--

Unfortunately our whistleblower has gone quiet. I haven't recieved an alert on his name for about a year now.