All things Boris: has it really come to this?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: All things Boris: has it really come to this?

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:08 am

Bojo's gone. Shame, he looked like a good bloke with that fun hair.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:25 am

Svartalf wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:48 pm
Has he thrown the towel?
No. He'll never resign. 43 ministers and junior ministers have resigned over the last 2 days. At the moment Bojo is like the guys on the reality cops shows who's trying to out run the police in a stolen car. There's 8 lots of flashing lights behind him and a helicopter overhead, and although he knows he's not going to escape he carries on just to cause as much chaos and destruction as he can before the inevitable wreck.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:28 am

Oh, hang on. Seems he's going to offer his resignation today after all. I wonder what dark secret was threatened to be exposed if he didn't?
Daily Mail wrote: Boris Johnson to resign today: Boris Johnson is quitting as Tory leader after ministers and MPs made clear his position was untenable. He will remain as Prime Minister until a successor is in place, expected to be by the time of the Conservative Party conference in October.

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:41 am

How long does it take to vote in a successor?? To be stuck with the cunt until October is a bit much.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:02 am

It's kind of out of his control now. Some wingnuts and right-wingers are positioning themselves as 'considering' the possibility of standing for leader. I imagine the backstage horse trading will be quite frantic for then next few days.

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:13 am

You guys are amateurs. In Australia he would have been decapitated last week, with a new PM the same day.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:26 am

Yeah, but you guys have a constitution. The PM is invested with power directly by the Queen, so even if he lost the party leadership he could still, in theory, remain as PM. That's at least my reading of why he might be offering to remain as 'caretaker' until October - "You can't really sack me boys!".

Frank Zappa

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:27 am

Are the tories going to make amends for him by having him hung drawn and quartered on live tv?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:39 am

59 resignations later and he's finally announced he's stepping down in the autumn and he's "sad" to give up "the best job in the world!". Guess he wants to squeeze in the holidays before he retires - Parliament breaks for the summer next week. Next question is, "Will he be happy on the back benches?" I can't see him doing the trudge work of a normal constituency MP - more likely he'll be off on his toes for well paid TV appearances and speaking engagements.

Frank Zappa

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:46 pm

Bo Jo no mo' mojo

Go away, no more stay
Head of thatch, no more scratch
Bo Jo no mo' mojo
Bo Jo no mo' mojo
Living high, lying Bo
Now at last, flying solo
Bo Jo no mo' mojo
Don't let it alarm ya
Think of it as karma
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:22 pm

Boris is rainbow's muse :hehe:

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:36 am

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:56 pm

For King and Country, the ever-lovin' Johnson has cut short his Caribbean holiday to return and save the day. :cheer:

'Boris Johnson returns to UK in bid for rapid political comeback'
Boris Johnson returned to Britain on Saturday as he considers an audacious attempt to win a second term as prime minister only weeks after he was forced to step down, with some colleagues warning his comeback could create more political chaos.

Potential candidates to replace Prime Minister Liz Truss, who quit on Thursday after six weeks in office, were embarking on a frantic weekend of lobbying to secure enough nominations to enter the leadership contest before Monday's deadline.

Johnson, who was on holiday in the Caribbean when Truss resigned, has not commented publicly about a bid for his old job. He has received the support of dozens of Conservative lawmakers, but needs to secure 100 nominations to be considered.

Trade department minister James Duddridge said on Friday Johnson told him he was "up for it". He said on Saturday Johnson had secured 100 nominations, although a Reuters tally put him on about 40, while the tally showed former finance minister Rishi Sunak, for now the bookmakers' favourite, had exceeded 100.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:00 pm

As of 18:00 BST today Sunak has 117 publicly declared Tory MP backers, Johnson has 54, and Mourdant has 23.

Mourdant came 3rd behind Sunak and Truss last time. If she bows out and endorsed Johnson he my reach the threshold, and the membership will almost certainly vote him back in. If she backs Sunak then it'll be a coronation and the Tories will be the first UK party to be led by a person of South Asian heritage.

#ibelieveinboris

Frank Zappa

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:07 pm

It doesn't matter who finishes up as the next Tory Prime Minister. It'll be a Tory Prime Minister, and all Tory Prime Ministers take their orders from the same mobsters.

These ones:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould