All things Boris: has it really come to this?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: All things Boris: has it really come to this?

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:09 am

Typical Dutch/Belgian mindset.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:56 pm

Chumocracy on grand scale:

David Cameron said to have made about $10m from Greensill Capital
BBC Panorama says it has obtained documents showing ex-PM received sum partly from cashing in shares

David Cameron made about $10m (£7m) from Greensill Capital before the finance firm he lobbied on behalf of collapsed, according to the BBC.

Panorama said it had obtained documents showing the former prime minister received the sum from cashing in shares he held in the company worth $4.5m (about £3.3m) in 2019, in addition to an annual salary of $1m (£720,000).

His spokesperson said he did not “receive anything like the figures quoted” and insisted what he was paid was a “private matter”.

It is the first time a number has been put on how much Cameron made, after he told a government-commissioned inquiry set up to investigate his dealings with senior politicians and Whitehall officials that he was paid “a good amount of money”.

The review, chaired by Nigel Boardman, cleared him of breaking any rules but said Cameron “understated” the nature of his relationship with Lex Greensill when pressing for the Australian financier’s company to get the largest possible allocation of government-backed loans under the Covid corporate financing facility.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:14 pm

David "The notorious P.I.G. shagger" Cameron refused to say if he was wealthy, instead preferring to describe his situation as 'comfortable'.

That's a whole lot of comfort right there, and to think that it was only from one of his jobs.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:55 pm

Johnson's special relationship? It's over.

Boris Johnson’s Global Britain is exposed as impotent and friendless by Afghanistan
Andrew Rawnsley wrote:We can no longer fool ourselves about a special relationship with the US and we have burnt our bridges in Europe

When a freshly elected Joe Biden had his first transatlantic phone conversation with Boris Johnson, Number 10 bragged that the prime minister was at the top of the list on the new American president’s call sheet. Downing Street flourished this as evidence that, whatever differences between the two men there might have been in the past, the “special relationship” was as warm and deep as ever.

Now we know differently. When it came to the calls that mattered over Afghanistan, Mr Johnson’s capacity to influence Mr Biden was less than that of the president’s dog. The withdrawal of what remained of the Nato presence in Afghanistan was dictated by abrupt and unilateral decisions made in Washington. Ministers privately admit that not only did they fail to see a resurgent Taliban coming, they have been reduced to second-guessing what the United States will do next.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:55 pm

Lies, lies and more lies. A hermit in Australia could tell you what's what, but you couldn't figure it out with one of the world's more robust intelligence communities?

--poor f'n British, dragged kicking and screaming into every bad decision... :roll:

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:39 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:55 pm
Lies, lies and more lies. A hermit in Australia could tell you what's what, but you couldn't figure it out with one of the world's more robust intelligence communities?

--poor f'n British, dragged kicking and screaming into every bad decision... :roll:
It is an article not written by me. Can you support your claims?

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:01 pm

I somehow doubt that the UK intelligence and security services hadn't prepared an extensive dossier on the US and UK's withdrawal from Afghanistan and the consequences. Those guys don't just sit around playing cards waiting for the minister to show an interest. Like the war in Iraq, this is clearly a failure of government rather than intelligence.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:01 pm

Exactly. And just like Iraq some are playing dumb.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:07 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:01 pm
Exactly. And just like Iraq some are playing dumb.
Is that a new card game? :biggrin:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:47 pm

Yeah, and every other card is a Trump card.

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:21 am

Nosedive in UK-US relations is another casualty of Afghanistan’s fall
Ministers are becoming openly critical of Joe Biden after being left in the dark about major decisions

So much for the special relationship. As the Afghanistan crisis has unfolded, it has precipitated a high-speed deterioration in Anglo-American relations.

What began as a muted disagreement on whether it was right for the US to withdraw militarily has reached the point where UK government sources are openly briefing against President Joe Biden as the situation in Kabul worsens.

There have been days of British complaints that they do not know when Biden will pull the plug on the emergency airlift, and whether he will stick to the current 31 August deadline, despite promises made by the president that the airlift would continue until US citizens were “all out”.

According to a leak to the Sunday Times, Biden took more than 24 hours to participate in a phone call after it was requested by Boris Johnson, the prime minister, early in the week. British ministers and aides briefed, anonymously, to the same paper accusations that Biden “looked gaga” and was “doolally” at a press conference where the president defended his decision to withdraw.
"BOO HOO".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:51 am

Why don't the Brits secure the airport and continue the airlift? Then they don't have to worry about the US picking up stumps on the 31st.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:32 am

They dont have enough men thanks to Boris; an aircraft carrier with no aircraft and an army with no men.
Chumocracy rules.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:40 pm

That special relationship. Dream on Boris.

Boris Johnson fails to persuade US to extend Kabul exit deadline
British forces have just days to complete airlift after G7 leaders refuse to change 31 August exit date

British forces have a matter of days to complete their humanitarian airlift in Afghanistan after Boris Johnson failed to persuade Joe Biden and other G7 leaders to extend a deadline for US forces to leave Kabul beyond 31 August.

Speaking after the virtual G7 gathering, Johnson said it had agreed a “roadmap for future engagement with the Taliban”, on the assumption they would be governing Afghanistan.

The “number one condition” for engagement with the Taliban would be guaranteed safe passage for people who wanted to leave the country both up to the end of August and beyond.

This could prove contentious for the Taliban, with its spokesperson Zabihullah Mujahid using a press conference on Tuesday to say Afghans should stop going to Kabul airport immediately.
Let the bloodbath begin.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:50 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:56 pm
Chumocracy on grand scale
If they like it so much, let's take them far on the ocean, chum up the waters, and make them take a nice long swim...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping