All things Boris: has it really come to this?

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: All things Boris: has it really come to this?

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:15 pm

Johnson ‘losing the confidence’ of Tory party after rambling CBI speech
Senior party members concerned after chaotic fortnight, with PM said to be losing his grip over key policies

Conservative MPs are increasingly worried about Boris Johnson’s competence and drive after he gave a rambling speech to business leaders and was accused of losing his grip over a series of key policies from social care to rail.

Senior members of his own party said they needed Johnson to get the government back on track after a disastrous two weeks amid dismay about his performance at the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) conference, where he lost his place in his speech for about 20 seconds and diverted into a lengthy tangent about Peppa Pig.

The prime minister was also facing a substantial rebellion over his social care proposals, anger at the decision to scale back rail improvements for the north and frustration over the government’s failure to keep its promises on small boats crossing the Channel. It caps a difficult fortnight for the prime minister after he admitted he “crashed the car into a ditch” in his handling of the Owen Paterson lobbying scandal.
He is fucked.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:20 pm

Borisocracy!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:29 am

Foutje bedankt.
Last edited by Scot Dutchy on Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:36 am

You posted this same article 12 hours ago..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:39 am

:fp: Sorry. :oops:

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:37 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:29 am
Foutje bedankt.
Please remain polite, it being double dutch does not prevent the meaning from being clear
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:26 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:37 pm
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:29 am
Foutje bedankt.
Please remain polite, it being double dutch does not prevent the meaning from being clear
Nothing impolite Svarty. "Mistake Thanks" is all it means. A standard Dutch phrase when a mistake has been pointed out.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:28 pm

sounded more like thanks fuck to me
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:03 pm

I don't know why Boris, the habitual liar and serial philanderer, was ever considered a serious person, let alone a serious politician. My feeling is that for a lot of people he represents the best we can deserve.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:45 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:28 pm
sounded more like thanks fuck to me
Fout = mistake. Diminutive = Foutje. Bedankt = thanks. A very common phrase used in adverts by the biggest insurance company.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:01 pm

Rumours are afoot that Boris was, erm, somewhat overly refreshed during his car crash speech to the Confederation of British Industry. But no, he's not 'unwell' at all.
... Boris Johnson is physically well and has a full grasp on the prime ministership, Downing Street has said following his rambling speech to business leaders on Monday in which he lost his place for about 20 seconds.

People who watched the speech Johnson gave to the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) conference were impressed with it, his spokesman argued, adding that cabinet ministers could speak freely if they had any concerns.

The speech at the Port of Tyne, which included a vocal impression of a revving car engine and a section on the lessons for capitalism and officialdom presented by the children’s cartoon character Peppa Pig, prompted worries from a number of Tory MPs.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... says-no-10
It was a good speech... a great speech... a beautiful speech... one of the best speeches ever... everybody said so.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:32 am

The sudden scrutiny of Boris Johnson has one explanation: he’s served his purpose
Owen Jones wrote:The prime minister has always been unfit to lead, but now the media – and even his own party – are pointing it out

Boris Johnson’s meandering recent speech, in which he lost his place and blathered about Peppa Pig, was consistent with what we have come to expect of the prime minister. So the fact it was monstered by media commentators is bemusing. Johnson has long given up on topics halfway through, asked underwhelmed audiences to applaud him and babbled about painting model buses. Yet his latest shambolic presentation has been treated as a signal that his premiership is disintegrating. It suggests that media outlets have decided to apply a new filter because, as far as Johnson’s public persona is concerned, nothing has changed.

Johnson is often described as a Teflon politician, but this non-stick coating must be applied by someone. Three years ago, a Tory MP batted away my suggestion that Johnson would become prime minister. His colleagues, you see, would never allow it. The parliamentary Conservative party regarded him as completely unsuitable to be national leader, because he was selfish, incompetent and morally abject. As such, the MP told me, his colleagues would not permit him to make the final two on the shortlist for members to adjudicate.

Months later, this same politician recorded a video endorsing Johnson’s leadership bid, bursting with fulsome praise to the point of sycophancy. Tory MPs had rallied around someone they knew was a charlatan because they believed he had unique properties to defeat the twin menaces of Farageism and Corbynism. Michael Gove notoriously overturned the Johnson leadership bandwagon in 2016, declaring his Brexit brother-in-arms unfit to govern, while Dominic Cummings openly confessed to helping Johnson to become prime minister despite knowing he was unsuitable, purely because he was a convenient blunt instrument to deliver Brexit and smash the Corbyn project.
Chickens coming home to roost?

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:07 am

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:09 pm

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:00 am

He lies and lies.