Extinction Rebellion

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Extinction Rebellion

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:58 pm

Are we supposed to tackle the list of top threats one item at a time from the top down? What do you think is at the top of the list?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:15 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:58 pm
Are we supposed to tackle the list of top threats one item at a time from the top down? What do you think is at the top of the list?
The top? Dividing people.

Kicking comedians and assholes out of the public square, really doesn't silence them. Never has. It has shitty implications, and hasn't gone well that I've seen.

We are teaching people to NEVER talk with anyone who disagrees. NEVER treat someone who disagrees respectfully, and NEVER compromise on any of a thousand stupid details.

I'm worried about the upset modern media is causing to legacy media. We are at the beginning of a change more profound than the beginning of moveable type, and it's bound to be a bit rocky, but keeping people talking seems to be worth trying.

Instead of having to learn to read, and write, people can now just podcast to each other. It is breathtaking to think of how many more contributors this will mean, and how many more minutes in a day we can each spend hearing others.

But it's going to be rocky. I fear people not talking MUCH more than I ever feared any awful speech or writing.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:59 pm

As long as it's not scientists talking to the public about global warming eh? :whistle:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:49 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:59 pm
not scientist
Once again, I didn't read all your post, due to your earned suspension, but I already knew you were not scientist.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:02 pm

#dodgebait.

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:49 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:02 pm
#dodgebait.
It's mainly because I don't value what you say. Shame really, you put a lot of words together. Maybe if you learned to treat people as individuals with different ideas, you could make better use of them.

Sure glad we will be getting rid of these excess species soon. We really have too many on Earth, and our resources need to be protected. Who needs fucking elephants anyway? Rich white ladies, so they can instagram riding one? They can use their fat boyfriends for that. Save the jungle - kill all the elephants!
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:20 pm

The main problem is, of course, that we humans are top of the food-chain. There is no predator that uses us as their regular main food source...

Unlike other species lower down the ladder. :prof:

:whistle:
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:22 pm

Here's How Scarily Accurate NASA's Long-Term Climate Predictions Have Been So Far
https://www.sciencealert.com/nasa-s-lon ... Vsu1Hx6rR0
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:24 pm

Alan B wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:20 pm
The main problem is, of course, that we humans are top of the food-chain. There is no predator that uses us as their regular main food source...

Unlike other species lower down the ladder. :prof:

:whistle:
Why is it a problem that we are at the top?

Are the lower-animals lobby getting to you? Eat them - they are LOWER ANIMALS.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:37 pm

Animavore wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:22 pm
Here's How Scarily Accurate NASA's Long-Term Climate Predictions Have Been So Far
Funny how NASA's opinions are so often in line with the Hollywood celebrities and other wealthy idiots. :ddpan:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:43 pm

Seabass wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:37 pm
Animavore wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:22 pm
Funny how NASA's opinions are so often in line with the Hollywood celebrities and other wealthy idiots. :ddpan:
Even funnier how firmly self-blinded you are to anyone who doesn't preach from those pulpits.

You should check out diversity (of opinion) and inclusion (of different political leanings) and equality (of humanity, even among those who disagree with you about your pig-ignorant opinions)

It's the new religion. You should chant it in all your funding proposals...Diversity, Inclusion, Equality!!! D.I.E.!!!
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:02 pm

Get over yourself. The facts don't care about your feelings any more than your opinions or your conspiracy theories.

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:38 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:02 pm
Get over yourself.
Your typing skills are in line with your intelectual skills.

More Peacocking around. Good job, just keep parroting!
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:01 pm

Do you need a hug, Cunt? :console:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:51 pm

Extinction Rebellion’s tactics are working. It has pierced the bubble of denial

Extinction Rebellion is working. A YouGov poll last week showed that the protests by the direct action group, as well as those of millions of children led by Greta Thunberg, have sent public concern about the climate crisis to record levels.

Extinction Rebellion shouldn’t have to exist. It only does because most of the media and government have failed. Despite Nasa warning we faced global disaster as far back as 1988, the media has taken an emperor’s new clothes approach. It has conveyed what Sir David Attenborough calls “our greatest threat in thousands of years” with the urgency of a quiche recipe on a daytime TV show, and with a detachment that suggests it doesn’t believe what it is saying. For years, it has told us the most you can do is recycle plastic and unplug your phone charger. But this hasn’t worked. Last year global emissions were the highest on record. Meanwhile, the scientific warnings have become louder and louder. The world’s leading climate scientist has urged parents to take to the streets.

Extinction Rebellion has pierced the bubble of denial. By giving talks to local communities across the country, it has humanised this crisis. Instead of flatly explaining that sea levels will rise, diseases will spread and crops will fail, it has made it clear this is about our children and us. It has expressed grief for our kids, for wildlife, for nature and fear at the degrading of the systems that keep us alive. Paradoxically, by stating the terrible truth, it has created authentic hope for the first time..

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ate-crisis
:tea:

Frank Zappa