Extinction Rebellion

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Extinction Rebellion

Post by Animavore » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:02 pm

Good. 'Bout time people copped on to themselves.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:55 pm

Down with up!! Down with up!!
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:01 pm

A commentary that reflects such understanding of the issue... :roll:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:05 pm

It's an easy issue, unless you look at any facet closely.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:46 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:05 pm
:funny:

It's clear that looking closely is not your thing - take it easy, and leave it to people who have at least a faint connection to science... :tea:
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:37 am

Cunt wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:43 pm
Seabass wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:37 pm
Animavore wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:22 pm
Here's How Scarily Accurate NASA's Long-Term Climate Predictions Have Been So Far
https://www.sciencealert.com/nasa-s-lon ... Vsu1Hx6rR0
Funny how NASA's opinions are so often in line with the Hollywood celebrities and other wealthy idiots. :ddpan:
Even funnier how firmly self-blinded you are to anyone who doesn't preach from those pulpits.
Science isn't religion.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:46 am

JimC wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:46 pm
Cunt wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:05 pm
:funny:

It's clear that looking closely is not your thing - take it easy, and leave it to people who have at least a faint connection to science... :tea:
What does your science tell you about a hydro dam on traditional indigenous lands?

Do the indigenous get to keep traditional waterways? Or should they step aside for renewable electricity?

Or would you just like me to pay attention to the globalists and scientists you approve?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:55 am

No one is saying that any and every proposed renewable energy project should be approved. There can certainly be valid reasons to reject a particular project; hydroelectricity dams have a variety of possible problems.

You cannot use one example to shoot down the overall, responsible process of steadily increasing the amount of electricity generated by renewables, and steadily reducing the amount of coal we burn...
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:58 am

JimC wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:55 am
No one is saying that any and every proposed renewable energy project should be approved. There can certainly be valid reasons to reject a particular project; hydroelectricity dams have a variety of possible problems.

You cannot use one example to shoot down the overall, responsible process of steadily increasing the amount of electricity generated by renewables, and steadily reduce the amount of coal we burn...
No, but surely even you can see that supporting the choices of a few people like this is ruinous for the environment we are trying to protect.

Is their 'way of life' more important than the carbon their activity is spewing out into the atmosphere?

We have a bunch of globalists acting like they can rule the world, only they can't. The best they can do is get the agreement of several EU countries and a few around it, then stare enviously at China as it progresses the way it wishes, regardless of our hobbies and 'chicken little' spewings.

You can say they are all true, and all of them might be, but it doesn't change the fact that the world is competitive, and that competition can take precedence over your favourite climate catastrophe prediction.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:45 am

Arguing for the status quo is just serving the interests who've put profit before people for the last 400 years. You're a stoolie for Capitalism - just like they trained you to be.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:48 am

:this: (even though I don't know what a 'stoolie' is..)
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:02 am

Somebody who works to undermine the interests of their family, friends and colleagues - usually in return for special favours and privileges.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:26 am

All this shit - climate change, politics, terrorists, whackjob religious cults, genocidal wars - is the death throes of the Piscean Age and the birth struggles of the Aquarian Age. Hunker down, it will get worse before it gets better.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:58 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:45 am
Arguing for the status quo is just serving the interests who've put profit before people for the last 400 years. You're a stoolie for Capitalism - just like they trained you to be.
Brilliant! You think I'm arguing for the status quo! Peacocking around again. No wonder I am keeping you suspended, with this kind of contemptable and deliberate misrepresentation.

I'm saying that the 'status quo' is GOING to happen, to a certain extent, whatever we do.

As far as being a stoolie for capitalism (he Peacocked with exemplary manners) I guess they did train me to like it. My whole life, capitalist societies have been improving the lives of almost everyone they have touched. It's been magic for human rights, eradication of poverty and reduction of crime, so yeah, I like it.

Don't you? Are you one of those folks who uses thousands of dollars worth of computers to advocate against capitalism? It sounds like it would fit in with the usual Peacocking.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:56 am

Human rights came about from liberal democracy, not capitalism. Regarding all the improving of lives, all the improvements have been built on borrowed capital (both financial and natural). The bill has yet to be paid, and when it is, we are going to see the sham that is "improved living standards" due to capitalism.