Extinction Rebellion

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Extinction Rebellion

Post by Animavore » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:01 pm

That's only this week. Phew!
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:05 pm

If a lie is repeated often enough...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:44 pm

You wish. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:04 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:05 pm
If a lie is repeated often enough...
So, Cunt, what is the lie?

Is it that global average temperatures have steadily increased over the last 100 years?

Is it that CO2 levels have also steadily increased?

Is it the physics of the absorption of long wavelength infrared radiation by molecules of CO2?

Is it that sea levels are rising?

Is it that extremely straightforward mathematical modelling shows these trends continuing in the absence of significant reductions in greenhouse gas emissions?

Is it that much of the business world is increasingly getting on board with the need to pursue renewable energy, if only because the economics in doing so is compelling?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:31 pm

Mostly, it's the reducing it down to being the issue one party is right about, and the other are villains.

It's reminds me a lot of the 'moral majority' of a few years ago, trying to claim the other side purely immoral.

Or suggesting that global action is agreed upon, needed and going to be effective.

I would find it a lot easier to believe, if the Chicken Little story wasn't such a long time ago, with MANY versions playing out since then.

Be afraid!!! The Earth itself will DIE if you don't pay a carbon tax to Trudeau/the UN/China!!!

The issues can't be talked about as long as one side is convinced the other is evil for even questioning them.

I know. I've asked you about those local compromises, and you seem to understand, but still take this attack pose because I'm staying unconvinced of the globalists goodwill.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:35 pm

So, you accept all the points I made about the reality of the problem, but have political differences with some proposed solutions such as carbon taxes.
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:46 pm

JimC wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:35 pm
So, you accept all the points I made about the reality of the problem, but have political differences with some proposed solutions such as carbon taxes.
I don't accept them, but if there is one I dispute clearly I would say so.

What are you trying to convince me of? That this isn't an issue affected by perhaps the biggest industrial liars on the planet (the entertainment industry) and the biggest liars on the planet (the energy industry) and the biggest liars on the planet (politicians)

The other thing that smells of baloney is the fact that, no matter what happens, we are always ruining the earth, it is always a crisis, and the predictions are always wrong. It's like the second coming of Jesus...it's IMMINENT...ANYtime now...be excited!!!

When local starry-eyed graduates protest the pipelines, I ask them if pipelines spill more fuel, or if trains/trucks do, and I found out it doesn't matter to them, because pipelines are bad - David Suzuki says so.

Similarly, Occasional-Cortex (the freshman Dem senator) insisted that the green new deal was the way, then pulled it off the web and backpedaled. Similarly, her 12-year deadline turned out to be a joke. No doubt, because if their the 12 years pass, and she still whinges for more wages becuase she needs cost of living increases, then you might surmise that her statements were for reasons other than honesty.

But lots of people won't hold her to account, because that would make their 'side' look bad.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:17 am

To quote Teh Shap, "The facts don't care about your feelings."
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:35 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:46 pm
JimC wrote:
I don't accept them...

(followed by meaningless words, with no connection to evidence or science)
There is zero point in looking at anything you post about climate change, because by not accepting clear, uncontroversial and factual scientific evidence you are proving yourself to be wilfully ignorant.

There is, of course, room for debate on the possible responses to climate change, and its political dimensions, but there is simply no debate at all about the scientific evidence.
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:00 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:31 pm
Mostly, it's the reducing it down to being the issue one party is right about, and the other are villains.

It's reminds me a lot of the 'moral majority' of a few years ago, trying to claim the other side purely immoral.

Or suggesting that global action is agreed upon, needed and going to be effective.

I would find it a lot easier to believe, if the Chicken Little story wasn't such a long time ago, with MANY versions playing out since then.
Yesterday we were "too late to act" on climate change. Now it's a "Chicken Little story". You just make it up as you go along, don't you?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:02 am

Cunt wrote:
JimC wrote:
I don't accept them, but if there is one I dispute clearly I would say so.

What are you trying to convince me of? That this isn't an issue affected by perhaps the biggest industrial liars on the planet (the entertainment industry) and the biggest liars on the planet (the energy industry) and the biggest liars on the planet (politicians)
We are talking about science here. No wonder you get all confused.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:34 am

JimC wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:35 am
Cunt wrote:
JimC wrote:
I don't accept them...

(followed by meaningless words, with no connection to evidence or science)
There is zero point in looking at anything you post about climate change, because by not accepting clear, uncontroversial and factual scientific evidence you are proving yourself to be wilfully ignorant.

There is, of course, room for debate on the possible responses to climate change, and its political dimensions, but there is simply no debate at all about the scientific evidence.
Evidence of what? What clear claim are you making, which can be tested?

That climate is changing?
pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:00 am
Yesterday we were "too late to act" on climate change. Now it's a "Chicken Little story". You just make it up as you go along, don't you?
Not all that sharp this week, are you? Did you forget your meds?

I said that there is no clear claim about where that point of no return is, because, like the second coming of Jesus, it isn't useful with a clear date - only as an ongoing and imminent threat.

Where IS the point of no return, pErvinalia? If you don't know where that point is, what else don't you know?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:43 am

Cunt wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:34 am
pErvinalia wrote:

I said that there is no clear claim about where that point of no return is,
No you didn't. You said it was a FACT that we're too late:
the fact that we are too late to turn back climate change
Not only do you make it up as you go along, you lie about it after the fact.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:48 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:43 am
Cunt wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:

I said that there is no clear claim about where that point of no return is,
No you didn't. You said it was a FACT that we're too late:
the fact that we are too late to turn back climate change
Not only do you make it up as you go along, you lie about it after the fact.
Must have mis-spoke. According to many of the promoters of the 'sky is falling' fantasy, we have several times passed that point, but ok, so we aren't past the point.

Where IS that point? Or is it just not calculable?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

PsychoSerenity
"I" Self-Perceive Recursively

Post by PsychoSerenity » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:07 am

Cunt wrote:
Where IS the point of no return, pErvinalia? If you don't know where that point is, what else don't you know?
For people who have already been killed in the storms across the world, the increase in average intensity and frequency of which is directly linked to climate change, and the many more that have had to permanently abandon their homes due to flooding and droughts, the point of no return has already happened.

The longer we go on changing the climate and without taking mitigating action, the worse the eventual effects will be. The fact that we can't pinpoint exactly how or when this will effect particular critical aspects of our future lives doesn't undermine the overall trend.
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]