Meanwhile, Texas

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: Meanwhile, Texas

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:15 pm

Well it is a corrupt system so what else do you expect? The electorate does not matter anyway as it is all a big hoax.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:57 pm

If only every democracy could be administered as efficiently as the Netherlands is by its dictators. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:23 am

:hehe:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:38 am

It's a shame Scot isn't smart enough to see the irony.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:10 pm

FO ...

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:28 pm

Report shows the extent of Republican efforts to sabotage democracy
Research identifies at least 262 bills were introduced in 41 states this year with the intent to hijack the election process

The Republican assault on free and fair elections instigated by Donald Trump is gathering pace, with efforts to sabotage the normal workings of American democracy sweeping state legislatures across the US.

A year that began with the violent insurrection at the US Capitol is ending with an unprecedented push to politicize, criminalize or in other ways subvert the nonpartisan administration of elections. A year-end report from pro-democracy groups identifies no fewer than 262 bills introduced in 41 states that hijack the election process.

Of those, 32 bills have become law in 17 states.
It is of course not democracy.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:44 am

...to Dutchy. He'd hate them. :td:

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:32 pm

Chowocracy! :food:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:29 am

:fp2:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:32 pm

Now, now, it's just a little ribbing. :whistle:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:16 pm

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:32 pm

:lol: That's so street!

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:39 pm

Putting a human face on the consequences of Abbott and Paxton's little inquisition.

'After accepting her trans son’s hard-fought identity, a Texas mother is being investigated for child abuse'
The family spoke to The Texas Tribune on the condition of anonymity and are identified in this story with pseudonyms because they fear harassment. They are one of at least nine families facing child abuse investigations for providing gender-affirming care to their transgender children in the wake of a recent directive from Gov. Greg Abbott.

In that moment three years ago, Max explained to his mom [Amy] that he’d been slowly coming out to friends and one of his brothers and he’d started going by his new, male-sounding name. He told her about his years of self-discovery and research into pronouns and puberty blockers and ways he could dress to hide his female form.

Gender dysphoria is recognized by the American Psychiatric Association as a diagnosable mental health condition that can lead to depression, anxiety and staggeringly high rates of suicide among transgender people.

More than half of transgender and nonbinary youth seriously considered suicide in the past year, according to a national survey by the Trevor Project, an advocacy group focusing on mental health in LGBTQ communities.

Research shows that the suicide rate plummets when transgender teens have access to gender-affirming health care.

Gender-affirming care often starts with social transition, like when Max started using his male name and pronouns and dressed more masculinely. This alone can have a tremendous impact — the Trevor Project found that transgender and nonbinary youth who lived with people who respected their pronouns attempted suicide at half the rate of those who did not.

Amy said the caseworker told her they’ve been instructed to prioritize investigations into parents who provide gender-affirming care above all other child abuse and neglect cases. A spokesperson for DFPS declined to verify the caseworker’s comment, citing the ongoing investigation.

Another caseworker testified in court Friday that the state’s child welfare agency is treating these cases differently than others — they’ve been told not to put anything in writing and they are required to investigate, even if there’s no evidence of abuse.

“That just tells me that Abbott and his team do not give a damn about kids,” Amy said. “Because if you can put these cases above all other cases of children who are going through real, authentic, terrible neglect and abuse, you don’t care about kids at all … trans or not. This is purely political.”

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:33 pm

That last sentence.

Frank Zappa

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:51 pm

Yeah, I remember thinking at the time that it made all other office politics trivial. This woman works for family protective services, and as soon as Abbott gave the order the same agency opened an investigation into her.

I wish her lawyers wild success.

Thankfully Abbott's plans have been put on hold ftm. It will be interesting to read how this plays out in the courts.