Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Post by Forty Two » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:19 pm

JimC wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:27 am
I'm expecting that they will find collusion by people associated with the Trump campaign team, but quite possibly no direct evidence that it was done on Trump's orders...
Nobody on his team either. No Americans indicted for anything having to do with Russia or collusion.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:23 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:21 am
If there's no finding of collusion I want to hear Cunt explain his silly conspiracy theory that the left were out to get Trump. They didn't do a very good job at conspiracy if they came up with nothing.
An evaluation of the Russia investigation:

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:29 pm

Tero wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:55 am
People went to jail. Best witch hunt ever!

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:32 pm

Total vindication on Collusion - https://www.kpvi.com/news/political/too ... 9d23a.html (CNN Analyst Jeffrey Toobin).

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:37 pm

So - back to the OP topic?

"Is it over yet?"

Yes, indeed, it's over. Nobody in the Trump campaign did anything to constitute collusion with Russia.

While no determination was made as to obstruction - the speculation that Mueller would be fired never came true. Rosenstein was never fired. And, Mueller apparently said he got everything he asked for during the investigation.

Face it - the "Russia investigation" was bullshit.

You can point to Manafort's conviction and the like all you want, but they say zero about Russia or collusion or the 2016 election. Manafort's tax issues and failure to register relate to his pre-Trump activities. The rest of the issues are all misstatements to the FBI - misstatements about nothing (but still technically crimes and enough to get plea deals).

Come on everyone. It's o.k. to still hate Trump. But, frankly, I really shouldn't be saying this - because the more anti-Trump forces refuse to let this Russia thing go, the more it will help Trump. The outrage and straw grasping - the threats to bring Mueller to testify before Congress now - the "w're not done yet" bullshit from Adam Schiff and the gang -- this is making them look like lunatics.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:42 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:32 pm
Total vindication on Collusion - https://www.kpvi.com/news/political/too ... 9d23a.html (CNN Analyst Jeffrey Toobin).
And the Hillary treatment on obstruction of justice. :hehe:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:51 pm

Tero wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:23 am
A4E2BDAF-358C-488B-8B07-C142CF11BCA5.jpeg
Kathy.jpg
Stay Classy, Kathy!
Kathy.jpg (36.28 KiB) Viewed 1455 times
I think she was rubbing a Russian.... Image

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:10 pm

Russians.jpg
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:39 pm

We need a new investigation on Russian interference in the Mueller investigation.
Mueller.JPG
They got to him, too!!

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:09 pm

Young Turks.JPG
Let the Rationalizations Begin!!
The Russian judges are giving Cenk a 10 out of 10 for mental gymnastics!

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:16 pm

They're all graduates of the Harold Camping School of Prognostication.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:19 pm

NewsWhip, a social-media analytics company, whipped up this astonishing data for Axios' Neal Rothschild:

Since May 2017, 533,074 web articles have been published about Russia and Trump/Mueller.
Those generated 245 million interactions (likes, comments and shares) on Twitter and Facebook.
Be smart: Now, think of how much cable time the coverage consumed.
https://www.axios.com/newsletters/axios ... k=1#story1

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:23 pm

NYT.jpg
New York Times

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:25 pm

laklak wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:16 pm
They're all graduates of the Harold Camping School of Prognostication.
Camping.jpg
Punxsutawney Harold!
Camping.jpg (37.18 KiB) Viewed 1439 times