All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Post by Cunt » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:31 am

If you really did achieve a self-rating of 1.5/10 on your last big game hunt, then that is awesome, and I think you do have a grounded opinion on the matter.

If, however, you never even started one, then I guess you don't have that same kind of opinion.

All us eaters have the same blood on our hands. I've always held a bit more respect for those who do some of it themselves. A bit less for those who successfully avoid it.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:42 am

Big game hunting for trophies is very simply evil and unethical. It has zero danger (with guides standing around, ready to shoot a wounded animal), it does not have the ethical validation of hunting for food, and typically takes apex predators, damaging burdened ecosystems still further.

Being omnivorous, I have no problems with hunting for food (given quick, clean kills, and that endangered species are not involved). Killing feral, introduced pests that are damaging ecosystems is another valid reason. In the past, I've shot many a rabbit and fox in country Victoria, and definitely enjoyed the hunt, so my critique is neither anti-gun per se, or somehow indignant that humans might enjoy an ancient hominid pursuit.

The Trumplings should come to Oz, and hunt foxes, wild goats and pigs.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:35 am

JimC wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:42 am
Big game hunting for trophies is very simply evil and unethical.
It's also a way for conservation authorities to take giant fees from rich folk, which they then use for...

Well, who cares, right?

Look, it may not be 'ethical', but there are assholes who live their whole lives sneering down their noses at meateaters, while living in denial about all the killing done for them.

Trophy hunts may not be your cup of tea, but I don't think the world would be better off if Cecil the lion was alive, and that dentist who shot it kept his money.
It has zero danger (with guides standing around, ready to shoot a wounded animal), it does not have the ethical validation of hunting for food, and typically takes apex predators, damaging burdened ecosystems still further.
Most areas have government authorities managing the animal populations.

You trust the government, don't you?

Being omnivorous, I have no problems with hunting for food (given quick, clean kills, and that endangered species are not involved). Killing feral, introduced pests that are damaging ecosystems is another valid reason. In the past, I've shot many a rabbit and fox in country Victoria, and definitely enjoyed the hunt, so my critique is neither anti-gun per se, or somehow indignant that humans might enjoy an ancient hominid pursuit.

The Trumplings should come to Oz, and hunt foxes, wild goats and pigs.
Maybe so, but if you make it sound exclusive and dangerous, you could charge them extra.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:12 am

Cunt wrote:

...I don't think the world would be better off if Cecil the lion was alive...
That tells the forum all they need to know about your ethics.
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:18 am

Cunt wrote:If you really did achieve a self-rating of 1.5/10 on your last big game hunt, then that is awesome, and I think you do have a grounded opinion on the matter.

If, however, you never even started one, then I guess you don't have that same kind of opinion.

All us eaters have the same blood on our hands. I've always held a bit more respect for those who do some of it themselves. A bit less for those who successfully avoid it.
You think he's going to eat the bears he hunts? :scratch:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:18 am

So you, from your high level of expertise, will judge the conservation officers negligent?

Maybe you're right. Stop those nasty conservation workers from tapping this income stream, and let the dentist buy quads for the kids instead.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:21 am

Killing apex predators isn't conservation, unless their numbers are out of control.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:27 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:18 am
You think he's going to eat the bears he hunts? :scratch:
Nope. I doubt he'll even dress it out. (nevermind tan the hide or divvy the carcass into dogfood)

My guess is that he will fly out to some remote spot, follow all the local laws, drop a shit-ton of cash and have the hunting experience he wants.

If he is looking for a 'Boone & Crocket' score, that is particularly challenging, since ursus horribilus kind of looks the same through a range of sizes, and the grass and willows can be different, so it can be tricky to tell if you have it.

I wouldn't waste my time on a mountain grizzly, though they are highly prized.

If the conservation officers allow a number of hunts each year to fill their coffers with the gold of those who do want it, I'll let them do so. Any reasonable criticism should come from someone wearing a green uniform.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:21 am

Basically, you are saying that the rich, given that they pay enough, can do what they fucking like, and that's cool with you.

The right wing has this weird thing of worshipping money...
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:34 am

No, I'm saying that they DO. This method of forest managment is complicated, and exploits Trumps (and whoever else can be pressed into service)

If you would pay more to photograph the bears in the forest, maybe they would do it differently. Somehow I expect you don't have an alternative, just outrage for a hobby you don't appreciate.

It's not 'worshipping money' any more than you who protest 'disdain success'.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:43 am

Cunt wrote

...hobby you don't appreciate...
Killing animals without a reason other than momentary pleasure is scarcely the same as playing golf...
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:08 am

Cunt wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:34 am
No, I'm saying that they DO. This method of forest managment is complicated, and exploits Trumps (and whoever else can be pressed into service)
Nobody is pressed into service. People are clamouring for the opportunity of shooting big game.

I do agree with government agencies making money out of big game hunters, provided the continued existence of species so hunted are, and remain safe. The grizzly bear is listed as a threatened species in the contiguous United States and endangered in parts of Canada, but not in Alaska, where about 30,000 of 55,000 of them live.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:49 am

Cecil was a used-up old lothario, who was worth more dead than alive. It isn't very nice, but it did milk some 'adventuring' schmo out of a fat pile of cash.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:49 am

Is the U.S. Headed Towards Tyranny? Timothy Snyder Discusses
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:00 am

Most parks and reserves need to cull, why not make some money on it? Let the Big Game Hunter pay 10Gs to shoot a sick giraffe.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.