All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:57 am

Oh, it's bad: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nativ ... spartanntp
Then, things got heated.

"They were in the process of attacking these four black individuals," Phillip said. "I was there and I was witnessing all of this ... As this kept on going on and escalating, it just got to a point where you do something or you walk away, you know? You see something that is wrong and you're faced with that choice of right or wrong. "

Phillips said some of the members of the Black Hebrew group were also acting up, "saying some harsh things" and that one member spit in the direction of the Catholic students. "So I put myself in between that, between a rock and hard place," he said.
But then, the crowd of mostly male students turned their anger towards Phillips.

"There was that moment when I realized I've put myself between beast and prey," Phillips said. "These young men were beastly and these old black individuals was their prey, and I stood in between them and so they needed their pounds of flesh and they were looking at me for that."
--emphasis mine

It's madness eh?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:04 am

"Turned their anger towards Phillips". I didn't see that.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:07 am

Check out the video in that article too. What they wrote about that kid in all the thumbnails is absurd. Also look at the younger kids around him. --ssdd I guess

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:21 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:57 am
Then, things got heated.

"They were in the process of attacking these four black individuals," Phillip said. "I was there and I was witnessing all of this ... As this kept on going on and escalating, it just got to a point where you do something or you walk away, you know? You see something that is wrong and you're faced with that choice of right or wrong. "

Phillips said some of the members of the Black Hebrew group were also acting up, "saying some harsh things" and that one member spit in the direction of the Catholic students. "So I put myself in between that, between a rock and hard place," he said.
But then, the crowd of mostly male students turned their anger towards Phillips.

"There was that moment when I realized I've put myself between beast and prey," Phillips said. "These young men were beastly and these old black individuals was their prey, and I stood in between them and so they needed their pounds of flesh and they were looking at me for that."
--emphasis mine

It's madness eh?
There was an one older black guy and a black woman talking with the Black Israelites. Perhaps Phillips saw the two groups shouting at each other and misinterpreted the situation? The white group was significantly larger than the black group from what I could tell, so perhaps from Phillips' perspective, having just arrived on the scene, it looked like a white mob bullying a small group of black people. In any case, the media clearly jumped the gun...
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:25 am

Seabass wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:21 am
Sean Hayden wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:57 am
Then, things got heated.

--emphasis mine

It's madness eh?
There was an one older black guy and a black woman talking with the Black Israelites. Perhaps Phillips saw the two groups shouting at each other and misinterpreted the situation? The white group was significantly larger than the black group from what I could tell, so perhaps from Phillips' perspective, having just arrived on the scene, it looked like a white mob bullying a small group of black people. In any case, the media clearly jumped the gun...
Sure, I shouldn't be hard on Phillips. There's no reason to assume he acted with anything but the best intentions.

I'm just somewhat hyper at the moment. It'll pass. :biggrin:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:29 am

Is there any footage showing how the kid and Phillips wound up toe to toe? Someone was being a cunt there.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:35 am

Just blame Trump. They would normally stay out of each others way.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:41 am

They should just ban the wearing of Maga hats.

http://redstatewatcher.com/article.asp?id=146203
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:44 am

Yeah, OK. If you check out the video that I posted, at the beginning the MAGA crew is nowhere to be seen. It's the clown from 'The House of Israel' standing there haranguing the passersby. After the 13 minute mark the preacher and his group are involved in a discussion of their theories on race and you can hear the Indians singing in the background. At about the 14:15 minute mark, you can hear one of the 'preacher' group mention the Indians, something about 'that's some real natives, right there.' Still no MAGA types around.

By 14:30 you can hear the drumming from the Indians, and at 15:15 the camera shows them doing a dance circle. By the 23 minute mark you can hear somebody in the Indian group giving a speech. Still no MAGA boys. At the 27 minute mark the preacher has started back up again. It isn't until 29:23 that MAGA is even mentioned. One of the preacher's group says, 'that's why you got little Billy and them over there with their Make America Great hats.' The preacher harangues the Indians then one of them gives him some back, and the preacher calls him an 'Uncle Tomahawk.'

At 38:10 the first MAGA hat actually appears in the video. Up till that point it had been the preacher's small group and the large Indian group. At about the 55 minute mark the MAGA group has formed on the stairs behind the preacher, to the southern side (this is all taking place in front of the Lincoln Memorial). By the 58:30 mark the preacher has begun to turn toward the MAGA group and is making remarks about 'red hats.' He's changed his focus to them, and most of the Indians have left. Some of the MAGA group moves to the north to stand behind the preacher's group and he turns around to rail at them directly. By 1:09:00 they've begun to chant at him, as he continues to preach his nonsense, which at this point has become all about them. He's egging them on. They begin to move closer to him, and the chanting gets louder. The situation has an edge to it, with a real possibility of violence. This is the point where Phillips comes between the groups.

Right wing outlets have portrayed it as Phillips confronting the MAGA group. To me it's obvious that he's attempting to defuse the situation. The MAGA group changes its focus from the hate preacher (he's made it clear more than once that his ideas are not about peace, but war) to Phillips, and that's where most of the clips are taken from. They weren't there just innocently observing; they'd been building up steam responding to the preacher, and Phillips took the brunt of it.

If people want to believe the right wing slant, fine, but it's certainly not accurate to blame Phillips for what happened. I think what he did was foolhardy but I also think he probably prevented something much uglier from happening.
Last edited by L'Emmerdeur on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:52 am

Seabass wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:44 pm
To be fair, that kid's got a very punchable face. Bad idea to combine a punchable face with a MAGA hat.
You gotta stick a smiley on there if you're going to talk about punching kids in the face else people will think you mean it.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:47 am

Punch on, I say.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:19 am

MAGA hats bad. End of analysis. Oh, Trump bad too.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:55 pm

FFS. Pence has really a few screws loose.

Mike Pence compares Trump’s border wall stance to Martin Luther King’s legacy
Vice president quoted civil rights leader's 'I Have a Dream' speech as he defended Trump's latest offer to Democrats to secure wall funding
1984 is really taking over America.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:27 pm

trump mueller we know.jpg
trump mueller we know.jpg (60.13 KiB) Viewed 1687 times

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:11 pm

:lol:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.