Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Post by Seabass » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:35 pm

Never-Before-Seen Trump Tax Documents Show Major Inconsistencies
https://www.propublica.org/article/trum ... sistencies

Documents obtained by ProPublica show stark differences in how Donald Trump’s businesses reported some expenses, profits and occupancy figures for two Manhattan buildings, giving a lender different figures than they provided to New York City tax authorities. The discrepancies made the buildings appear more profitable to the lender — and less profitable to the officials who set the buildings’ property tax.

For instance, Trump told the lender that he took in twice as much rent from one building as he reported to tax authorities during the same year, 2017. He also gave conflicting occupancy figures for one of his signature skyscrapers, located at 40 Wall Street.

Lenders like to see a rising occupancy level as a sign of what they call “leasing momentum.” Sure enough, the company told a lender that 40 Wall Street had been 58.9% leased on Dec. 31, 2012, and then rose to 95% a few years later. The company told tax officials the building was 81% rented as of Jan. 5, 2013.

A dozen real estate professionals told ProPublica they saw no clear explanation for multiple inconsistencies in the documents. The discrepancies are “versions of fraud,” said Nancy Wallace, a professor of finance and real estate at the Haas School of Business at the University of California-Berkeley. “This kind of stuff is not OK.”

New York City’s property tax forms state that the person signing them “affirms the truth of the statements made” and that “false filings are subject to all applicable civil and criminal penalties.”

The punishments for lying to tax officials, or to lenders, can be significant, ranging from fines to criminal fraud charges. Two former Trump associates, Michael Cohen and Paul Manafort, are serving prison time for offenses that include falsifying tax and bank records, some of them related to real estate.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:20 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:36 am

What a statesman.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:51 am

Does he realise what he is talking about? I doubt it. He is so worried about history. What a narcissist.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:14 am

The original letter written by Trump:

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:38 am

Turkish president Erdogan 'threw Trump's Syria letter in bin' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-50080737

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:01 am

trump hat.jpg
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:15 am

We are going to get you. Soon!
nancys finger.jpg

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:47 am

TRUMP RUNS INTO OPPOSITION IN LEFTIST EUROPE!
"You go to Europe and the roads are opposite," the president said. "And it's very tough if you're from the United States, you do make that decision to make a right turn where you're supposed to make a left turn. The roads are opposite."

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:48 am

mmmh? what the fuck does that word salad mean? we drive on the right of the road, like in the US (or did he mean in the UK?)
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:06 pm

He thinks the UK is Europe as his man is in charge.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:53 pm

Trump has been needing some good news. Sometimes you just have to make your own.

'White House: Next G-7 meeting will take place at Trump's Doral facility in Florida'
President Donald Trump will host world leaders at a G-7 economic summit next year at his Doral golf resort in Miami, the White House said Thursday, despite condemnation from lawmakers and the president's critics who said he is using public duties for personal gain.

"I was skeptical," White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney acknowledged in making the announcement. "Which is why I was so surprised when the advance team called back" to say that the Doral facility was the best option for the event.

"It's not the only place," Mulvaney said. "It's the best place."

Trump signaled his plans for Doral while attending the most recent G-7 summit two months ago in France, calling his club in Miami a "great place."

Mulvaney said the G-7 would take place June 10-12.

"It's got tremendous acreage, many hundreds of acres, so we can handle whatever happens,” Trump said during an Aug. 26 meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel. "It has buildings that have 50 to 70 units in them, so each delegation can have its own building."

Trump also said "they" like Doral because "it's right next to the airport, for convenience. And it's Miami. Doral. Miami. So it's a great area."

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:07 pm

'Move along, nothing to see here. Just hum-drum, everyday extorting a foreign government to assist in an internal political matter. Really, this happens all the time. I don't know what you people are so upset about.'

It would not surprise me to learn tomorrow that Mulvaney was misunderstood; perhaps he was just joking. The current president has such a great sense of humour.

'Mulvaney appears to confirm Ukraine aid was tied to political probe'
Donald Trump's top aide on Thursday acknowledged that the administration held up military aid Ukraine aid over the president's desire for a political probe, undermining past denials of any quid pro quo and blowing up weeks of White House messaging amid an escalating impeachment inquiry.

In a whirlwind 40-minute news conference, acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney told reporters the U.S. funds were withheld at least in part because of a request to have Ukraine investigate unfounded allegations that foreign countries assisted Democrats in the 2016 election.

Story Continued Below
"Did he also mention to me in [the] past the corruption related to the DNC server? Absolutely," Mulvaney said of a conversation he had Trump. "No question about that. But that's it, and that's why we held up the money."

Pressed during the briefing on whether he was describing a quid pro quo with Ukraine, Mulvaney responded that "we do that all the time with foreign policy," and cited the holding back of financial assistance to Northern Triangle countries in an attempt to affect their immigration policies.

"I have news for everybody: Get over it. There's going to be political influence in foreign policy," he said. "That is going to happen. Elections have consequences, and foreign policy is going to change from the Obama administration to the Trump administration."

ETA: I note that shortly after I posted this, Politico changed the title to a much less tentative description: 'Mulvaney acknowledges Ukraine aid was withheld to boost political probe'

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:28 pm

Oh no, he didn't. The White House released a statement from Mulvaney which puts it all down to the Lügenpresse and its horrible witch hunt against Dear Leader.

'Mulvaney Claims He Didn’t Say What He Actually Said On Ukraine'
[Mulvaney statement in full]

Once again, the media has decided to misconstrue my comments to advance a biased and political witch hunt against President Trump. Let me be clear, there was absolutely no quid pro quo between Ukrainian military aid and any investigation into the 2016 election. The president never told me to withhold any money until the Ukrainians did anything related to the server. The only reasons we were holding the money was because of concern about lack of support from other nations and concerns over corruption. Multiple times during the more-than 30 minute briefing where I took over 25 questions, I referred to President Trump’s interest in rooting out corruption in Ukraine, and ensuring taxpayer dollars are spent responsibly and appropriately. There was never any connection between the funds and the Ukrainians doing anything with the server – this was made explicitly obvious by the fact that the aid money was delivered without any action on the part of the Ukrainians regarding the server.

There never was any condition on the flow of the aid related to the matter of the DNC server.