Media Bias

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Media Bias

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:43 pm

Obama and cheese burgers - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 502b927422
President Obama made yet another trip to a burger joint Friday, taking four employees on a Washington construction project to Shake Shack. .... But the trip underscored something else: Obama really loves cheeseburgers.

.... Obama has a habit of taking people out for burgers and fries.....well-documented penchant for cheeseburgers.

In 2010, Obama took Russian President Dmitry Medvedev to Ray's Hell Burger, a DC-area institution that claims it is "nice and greasy, steak and cheesy." Obama put in the order -- a burger with cheddar, sauteed onions, lettuce and tomato for Obama and one with cheddar, hot peppers, sauteed onions and mushrooms for Medvedev. "We're gonna turn him on to a real American burger," Obama said.

Obama paid in cash, leaving a $5 tip. Nice of the boss to pick up lunch .....Obama ate a burger and fries, Biden a cheeseburger, fries and a milkshake...

Even First Lady Michelle Obama, she of the "Let's Move" campaign, has confessed her "obsession with french fries." She visited the DC Shake Shack when it first opened, ordering the chain's signature ShackBurger -- a cheeseburger topped with lettuce, tomato and top-secret "ShackSauce," which has been described as a mix of mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard and spices, along with fries, a milkshake .....1700 Calories...

.....Obama treated a group of six community organizers to lunch at the Capitol Hill outpost of the D.C. restaurant Ted's Bulletin, where Obama ordered a cheeseburger and fries. And of course he had to try the all-American eatery's homemade Pop-Tarts, .....

President Obama and Russian President Medvedev "Bond" at Ray's, over cheeseburgers and french fries.... http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02479.html That was, of course, when "bonding" with a Russian leader was a good thing, waaaaayyyy back when Russia wasn't a fascist totalitarian dictatorship....
Such symbols of high-level bonding have been important in the relationship between the two nuclear powers. .... Causing a few snickers among the press, Obama noted that Medvedev had signed up for an account with "Twitters." The micro-blogging site is called Twitter. "I have one, as well," Obama said. "We may finally be able to throw away those red phones that have been sitting around for so long."

Obama and Biden make a burger run -- http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03816.html

So great! So down to Earth! Couple o' guys...out for burgers, you know, manly men doing manly stuff, muchin' burgers and fries, and showing foreign leaders how real Americans eat. Great coverage of an important issue. Presidents buying burgers and fries for their guests is great, right! Especially when they're so cool, like, you know, the boss pickin' up lunch, man!

:{D
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:50 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:43 pm
Obama and cheese burgers - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 502b927422
President Obama made yet another trip to a burger joint Friday, taking four employees on a Washington construction project to Shake Shack. .... But the trip underscored something else: Obama really loves cheeseburgers.

.... Obama has a habit of taking people out for burgers and fries.....well-documented penchant for cheeseburgers.

In 2010, Obama took Russian President Dmitry Medvedev to Ray's Hell Burger, a DC-area institution that claims it is "nice and greasy, steak and cheesy." Obama put in the order -- a burger with cheddar, sauteed onions, lettuce and tomato for Obama and one with cheddar, hot peppers, sauteed onions and mushrooms for Medvedev. "We're gonna turn him on to a real American burger," Obama said.

Obama paid in cash, leaving a $5 tip. Nice of the boss to pick up lunch .....Obama ate a burger and fries, Biden a cheeseburger, fries and a milkshake...

Even First Lady Michelle Obama, she of the "Let's Move" campaign, has confessed her "obsession with french fries." She visited the DC Shake Shack when it first opened, ordering the chain's signature ShackBurger -- a cheeseburger topped with lettuce, tomato and top-secret "ShackSauce," which has been described as a mix of mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard and spices, along with fries, a milkshake .....1700 Calories...

.....Obama treated a group of six community organizers to lunch at the Capitol Hill outpost of the D.C. restaurant Ted's Bulletin, where Obama ordered a cheeseburger and fries. And of course he had to try the all-American eatery's homemade Pop-Tarts, .....

President Obama and Russian President Medvedev "Bond" at Ray's, over cheeseburgers and french fries.... http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02479.html That was, of course, when "bonding" with a Russian leader was a good thing, waaaaayyyy back when Russia wasn't a fascist totalitarian dictatorship....
Such symbols of high-level bonding have been important in the relationship between the two nuclear powers. .... Causing a few snickers among the press, Obama noted that Medvedev had signed up for an account with "Twitters." The micro-blogging site is called Twitter. "I have one, as well," Obama said. "We may finally be able to throw away those red phones that have been sitting around for so long."

Obama and Biden make a burger run -- http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03816.html

So great! So down to Earth! Couple o' guys...out for burgers, you know, manly men doing manly stuff, muchin' burgers and fries, and showing foreign leaders how real Americans eat. Great coverage of an important issue. Presidents buying burgers and fries for their guests is great, right! Especially when they're so cool, like, you know, the boss pickin' up lunch, man!

Animavore wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:02 pm
The main point is that Criminal Trump ended up having to serve fast food because of his own shut down. Yet again he has shot himself in the foot. So let's not get side-tracked here.

And yet again he lies too by claiming an order over three times the actual amount.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:36 pm

Trump says washing is good to reduce stank.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:56 pm

Seabass wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:50 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:43 pm

Animavore wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:02 pm
The main point is that Criminal Trump ended up having to serve fast food because of his own shut down. Yet again he has shot himself in the foot. So let's not get side-tracked here.

And yet again he lies too by claiming an order over three times the actual amount.
LOL - that must be why the media portrayed it just as some dolts here did, as unhealthy, low class, horrible, terrible, no good .... if that was the main point -- "Trump forced to buy burgers because of shutdown" then the hysterics displayed over the fact of this being burgers and fries would not have been included in the article.

And, let's not forget - the media's criticism of Trump for eating burgers doesn't start or end with this Clemson football team thing. The media have been mocking him for eating hamburgers and drinking diet coke for three years. They lauded Obama for his down-to-earth style, and praised him for serving guests fast food, and praised him for taking dignitaries and employees out for fast food. That was all fine.

Here's rolling stone addressing it, and not saying a word about it being troubling because of the shutdown. https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... se-779128/ Then they go on for paragraphs about the President saying it was 300 hamburgers or a 1,000 hamburgers - there is no verification of how many were ordered, nor does anyone care. Suddently, that's a huge "lie." Every normal human being knows what someone means when they speak in those terms is that there were a shit ton of hamburgers and stuff there. And, then the article fucking calculates how many burgers had to be eaten by each player in order for "all" the food to be gone - oh, yearh - they got him now on that big "casual lie" - meanwhile, it wasn't just the football players themselves that ate from the table. Other guests and government employees who were in the area ate some of the food. And, when he says "it was all gone in an hour" it's not - in normal parlance - taken to mean that there wasn't a single thing left. He lied because there were a few left! Fucking hell.

This became a screaming, crucial issue - and the articles do not focus on the shutdown.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:57 pm

Always in parallel. Great trolls.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:58 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:36 pm
Trump says washing is good to reduce stank.
Lies! Washing does not permanently reduce stank! It's only temporary! Trump's a liar!

He said they have, like, hundreds of bars of soap! Lies! They only have 78!

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:58 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:57 pm
The best hamburgers are from Amsterdam.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:59 pm

Hi Vlad. I never read your crap.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:07 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:59 pm
Hi Vlad. I never read your crap.
You need a dutch rudder.

I'm not 'man enough' though.

Anyone?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:20 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:58 pm
Scot Dutchy wrote:
It's not often that I side with you or Cunt, but goddamn, Dutchy is a waste of space. I don't get why he's even here. He can't make a rational argument. All he does is drone on and on about what he hates. What's the point?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:23 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:20 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:58 pm
Scot Dutchy wrote:
It's not often that I side with you or Cunt, but goddamn, Dutchy is a waste of space. I don't get why he's even here. He can't make a rational argument. All he does is drone on and on about what he hates. What's the point?
Same as any of us. A warm place to vent, shoot the shit about the state of life, and tell the occasional person to go get fucked.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:24 pm

At least you and 42 attempt to make rational arguments. Dutchy doesn't even pretend to try.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:27 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:24 pm
At least you and 42 attempt to make rational arguments. Dutchy doesn't even pretend to try.
He's like Trump. Whatever you say (or anyone says), he will go on for hours with chest puffed out, telling anyone who will listen, how he bested you in the discussion.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:47 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:24 pm
You are the master judge when almost everything flies over you head. Just more punitive hate. You cant stop can you.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:05 am

You're the one who hates everything. It's why we can have a special thread for it.