Media Bias

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: Media Bias

Post by Seabass » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:21 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:05 pm

My position is to treat people as individuals first, rather than classifying them by their immutable characteristics.
Dumb strawman.

No one has asked you to treat people differently based on immutable characteristics. You said this:
I don't agree that unequal outcomes means what you think it means.
So what I and others want to know is, if Hermit is wrong, what DO the unequal outcomes mean?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:26 pm

Seabass wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:21 pm
Cunt wrote:

My position is to treat people as individuals first, rather than classifying them by their immutable characteristics.
Dumb strawman.

No one has asked you to treat people differently based on immutable characteristics. You said this:
I don't agree that unequal outcomes means what you think it means.
So what I and others want to know is, if Hermit is wrong, what DO the unequal outcomes mean?
More impotent trolling, eh?

Give me time to get that doobie checked off my list, and I'll try to see more humour in it.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:45 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:29 pm
Cunt wrote:
Seabass wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:48 pm
Bullshit. It's not that you don't want to, it's that you can't. Not without admitting your racism anyway.
Impotent troll likes trolling impotently.

If you weren't an impotent coward, you would invite me to see your discussion of your notions among people who honestly disagree with you. Of course, you are welcome to keep trolling after me. Impotently. It's a bit less funny every time you repeat it, but you do you.
Hmmm. You raise an issue and then say that others are impotent because you don't want to talk about it.

Very Brave Sir Robin.

I'll be happy to talk a bit more about this if you can tell me who my current avatar image is and why she's one of the most important people in human history.
She's one whose work allows us to meet like this. Of course, there's a fly in every ointment, isn't there? :biggrin:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:54 pm

Joe wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:45 pm
She's one whose work allows us to meet like this. Of course, there's a fly Cunt in every ointment, isn't there? :biggrin:
:shifty:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:09 am

Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:29 pm
Cunt wrote:
Seabass wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:48 pm
Bullshit. It's not that you don't want to, it's that you can't. Not without admitting your racism anyway.
Impotent troll likes trolling impotently.

If you weren't an impotent coward, you would invite me to see your discussion of your notions among people who honestly disagree with you. Of course, you are welcome to keep trolling after me. Impotently. It's a bit less funny every time you repeat it, but you do you.
Hmmm. You raise an issue and then say that others are impotent because you don't want to talk about it.
Not quite. I declined to talk about it earlier. Calling his tactics impotent trolling is because he refuses to let up about his precious statistics.
Hmmm. You said a thing - it was a claim. You stated that something didn't mean what someone else thought it meant. But asking you what the thing means is characterised as impotent cowardice. And apparently Seabass is now supposed to validate their questions by allowing you to watch them debate 'people who honestly disagree' with being antifascist and antiracists. But you disagree with that too don't you? Does this mean you dishonestly disagree with Seabass or that you just don't have the courage to disagree out loud, anonymously, on the internet? Who's the coward here exactly eh? :tea:
I've never argued with his. Coincidentally, I also don't argue with others who push racism backed by statistics.
Hmmm. Now you claim that someone asking you what you meant by that thing you claimed is someone pushing racism - and we know that only racists push racism. Hermit's stats were a perfect invitation for you to explain what they really mean, but although you say the stats don't mean what they appear to show you don't have the courage to say exactly why or how?
Hmmm. Now it seems that asking you what you meant by that thing you said is somebody else classifying people by 'their immutable characteristics' - like skin colour one presumes. Again, you seem to think that the stats Hermit provided about the economic disparities between people in the US is kind of racisty, because those groups have different characteristics - like skin colour. Do you think that acknowledging the fact of someone's skin colour is racist? You certainly seem to. So I guess that acknowledging the fact of an immutable characteristic like a disability would makes someone ableist too, and acknowledging the fact of a persons age would be ageist, and acknowledging the fact of a person's gender would be sexist? eh?
Very Brave Sir Robin.

I'll be happy to talk a bit more about this if you can tell me who my current avatar image is and why she's one of the most important people in human history.
No need, I'm not interested in your avatar, or why you think it is important.

Get interested in building things, rather than accusing others of racism, and we might find interesting things to talk about.
But I'm afraid you're the one saying that highlighting facts about the economic disparities between people in the US, while apparently not meaning what it appears to show, is racist. Just like you call the Black Historian who wrote a book called 'How To Be An Antiracist' racist. Just like you call the people who don't want to see nazi flags paraded down their high streets by a mob chanting 'Jews will not replace us' fascists. Just like you call the person who asks you to explain what you meant an impotent coward.

You clearly like to say these things and hang them out there for all to see - as if they're self-evident, or as real as skid marks on cotton. But these things aren't the kind of things that people normally say to each other. In fact, very few people would say these kinds of things and actually mean it. If you don't mean what you say then you're just high-level-trolling for sport, and what kind of person does that for amusement? Have you not tried wanking? If you actually do mean these things then what? People are supposed to suck it up and respect your opinions because 'free speech rules' or something? Fuck that shit. You can have any opinion you like but you don't get to veto other people's opinion about it.

I'm not surprised you don't recognise my avatar or how important she has been in your life. Nor am I surprised that you're not even interested enough to ask. I only mention it so that you can tell whatever Signal or Telegram groups you're hooked into that you were banned from the forum for not knowing who Ada Lovelace was.

:tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:07 am

IMO, the term "poetic justice" is overused.

But not in this case. :tup:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:06 am

Seabass wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:46 am
JimC wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:14 am
The ability of most citizens to carefully and objectively examine the source and veracity of important information is a declining skill...
Is it though? When have the hoi polloi ever been good at examining the veracity of important information?

What's changed is the democratization of information. Idiots like Crowder and Pool have more reach and influence than most people who actually know what they're talking about.

There didn't used to be this many choices. Before cable TV, the US only had three networks. The upside is that those three network news programs were more reliable than youtube pundits, but the downside was, you only had three perspectives. Now we have millions of idiots with no qualifications broadcasting terrible ideas out over the internet.

I try to tell myself that more voices, more perspectives, more variety is better in the long run, but with so much disinformation out there, it's really hard to keep believing that... :?
When I was a kid, it wasn't just that there were three networks, but also that the national news was a 30 minute program. That, the local news and weather, plus the local paper was what most people had. Most cities had at least two papers to choose from, and large markets could have five or six. The competition seemed to make them much better than what I read today.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:28 am

Cunt wrote:
I also don't argue with others who push racism backed by statistics.
I don't push racism. The statistics are evidence that it exists.
Cunt wrote:
No individual gets treated as an individual first by the society they live in. It is racists who classify people by their allegedly immutable characteristics. Those of us who oppose racism see racism as a social phenomenon. Social phenomena are mutable.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:31 am

Cunt,

You have been trolling in your same old way all through this thread, and so you will be suspended in the same old way, for 6 months.

Yer Mods
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:57 am

See you on Dysentery, Cunt.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:14 pm

Oddly, I'm left with a craving for fried chicken. :tut:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:29 pm

:lol: That's because you're so suggestible - just like the corporatist-fake-news-social-media-communists want you to be.

Frank Zappa

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:39 pm

Come on in. The water's fine! :kool:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:45 pm

Ha! I even didn't know we had that smilie until now. :)

Frank Zappa

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:13 pm

Don't tell Scot! :?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!