Media Bias

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: Media Bias

Post by Seabass » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:42 pm

It's that dang left-wing media bias again! :lay:

How the Media helped create Climate Change | George Monbiot
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:24 am

I was really looking forward to Cunt and Brian having that Pareto distribution discussion. :sigh:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:59 am

I'm sure it will happen sometime next year... :console:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:16 am

Unfortunately he always returns. :sadcheer:
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:21 pm

Seabass wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:24 am
I was really looking forward to Cunt and Brian having that Pareto distribution discussion. :sigh:
:bored: me also :bored:
:ab: :ab: I want Cnutty back! :ab: :ab:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:58 pm

Be patient. The Return of the Cunt will occur.

Eventually

Inshallah...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:02 pm

JimC wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:58 pm
Be patient. The Return of the Cunt will occur.

Eventually

Inshallah...
Peas be upon him.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:46 pm

When you love warp speed but not TOO much warp speed.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:49 pm

This site has been spared a fair number of posts about the outrageous mendacity and malign disinformation broadcast by the court-approved infotainment liar Tucker Carlson--I decided that I didn't want to participate all that much in drawing attention to his daily farce. This story is mildly amusing though.

'Now CNN's Jim Acosta is labeling Tucker Carlson a "human manure spreader" — and threat to democracy'
CNN's Jim Acosta once again blasted Fox News personality Tucker Carlson on Saturday.

Acosta has made a KKK quip about the far-right host. He has referred to Carlson as the network's "chief white power correspondent" and "Fox's Ayatollah of Paranoia." He even referred to Carlson as the "Bullsh*t Factory Employee of the Month."

And on Saturday Acosta referred to Carlson as a "human manure spreader."

"Over on Fox, human manure spreader Tucker Carlson has floated yet another race baiting conspiracy theory that tens of thousands of Afghan refugees are being sent over to this country in order to change the outcome of elections," Acosta noted.

Acosta noted the threat to democracy was the January 6th insurrection by Trump supporters.

The CNN host argued the insurrection was ongoing, playing a clip of Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) threatening "bloodshed" if GOP policies aren't adopted by the Biden administration. He also noted that House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) and Rep. Marjorie Taylor Green (R-GA) threatened telecommunication companies that follow the law by complying with the select committee investigating the Jan. 6th insurrection.

And Acosta went on to slam the anti-abortion law passed by Texas Republicans.

The host said it was "sort of like an American Taliban."

"It is starting to look like a combination of theocracy and thugocracy," Acosta explained. "The leaders of this MAGAban movement, people Marjorie, Madison and Tucker, they're not counting on an intelligence failure or a lack of planning on your part. They're counting on a lack of courage to stand up for your rights in this country. Does that ring a bell?"

"The anti-immigration, anti-democratic, anti-women's rights forces have all sought these kinds of changes for years, even decades, in this country. Their operation to change America forever is well underway," he said.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:01 pm

NY Post spins story of 2 Hunters
https://nypost.com/2021/09/06/one-hunte ... grift/amp/
one was a marine, one a Biden.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:35 pm

That's nice.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:31 pm

The 'ivermectin patients overwhelming Oklahoma hospitals--gunshot victims having trouble getting care' story was over-egged. Take the yalping about 'fake news!' as read, since the usual purveyor of that narrative is absent.

'Hospitals overwhelmed by ivermectin victims? How a viral story fell apart'
On Sept. 6, local Oklahoma news outlet KFOR-TV reported that so many people in the state were overdosing on the anti-parasite drug ivermectin that emergency rooms and ambulance services were backed up.

According to the report, Dr. Jason McElyea said "patients are packing his eastern and southeastern Oklahoma hospitals after taking ivermectin doses meant for a full-sized horse, because they believed false claims the horse de-wormer could fight COVID-19." The article then quotes McElyea as saying: "The ERs are so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times getting to facilities where they can get definitive care and be treated."

Multiple news outlets picked up the story and ran with it, including Rolling Stone, The Guardian, Business Insider, as well as MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow Show.

As the Columbia Journalism Review points out, many noted that in his original interview with KFOR, McElyea "hadn't said anything about ivermectin cases crowding out other patients, but that the initial story and subsequent coverage had linked separate comments about ivermectin overdoses and scarce beds."

Also notable was a story published in the New York Daily News on Sept. 2, one day after KFOR's article was published, where the managing director of the Oklahoma Center for Poison and Drug Information, Scott Schaeffer, said that since "the beginning of May, we've received reports of 11 people being exposed to ivermectin." That statement alone — 11 reports of ivermectin exposure in the entire state — contradicts KFOR's claims that ivermectin overdoses were overcrowding hospitals.

The crumbling of the story provided great fodder for conservative news outlets and commentators who said it was just another example of liberal media disparaging rural people," Columbia Journalism Review noted. While Rolling Stone added an update to their article citing the information that casts doubt on the story, The Guardian has not yet updated their article and the tweet promoting the story on Rachel Maddow's account is still live. The KFOR article has not been updated either.

But according to the Columbia Journalism Review, the conservative pile-on left out some key details.

"The statement that there had been no ivermectin cases came from a single Oklahoma hospital—and while McElyea wasn't working at that particular hospital when he made his comments, he had worked there previously, and works for an agency that provides services to various local hospitals," writes CJR's Mathew Ingram. "McElyea also stated in his original interview that there had been some ivermectin overdose cases in the hospitals he was familiar with, although he didn't say these cases had taken ICU beds away from other patients. He has since told another Oklahoma news outlet he was misquoted by KFOR."

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:15 am

Fox News either added a laugh track to Gutfeld's anal osculation of Trump, or Gutfeld had two or three toadies in attendance to dutifully emit merry chortles at random moments. Pathetic try-hard either way.
Fox News really added a laugh track to Gutfeld's interview of Trump. I say "interview" but it's more like Gutfeld professing his admiration and walking back earlier criticism.

[video at link]

- Jan Wolfe · Sep 9, 2021

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:43 pm

This country has pretty much always had vaccine mandates. Unfortunately, these fascistoid, anti-science dum-dums aren't paid to tell the truth.

Fox News, which has a vaccine passport, is furious about Biden incentivizing vaccine passports

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:56 am

"dum-dums" :hehe:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT