Media Bias

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Re: Media Bias

Post by rainbow » Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:58 am

Cunt wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:35 pm

Did you or anyone you know get butthurt by Mr. Musks move to let Carl Benjamin and his kind back on the platform? You may be eligible for a sarcastic sympathy emoticon.

Nope. Why does it bother you?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:09 am

He's been suspended. :whisper:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:43 pm

Till next year?
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:59 pm

Update on O'Keefe and Project Veritas. :hehe:

'James O'Keefe Resigns From Project Veritas After Employee Complaints'
Right-wing activist James O’Keefe resigned Monday morning from his position leading Project Veritas, the conservative group he founded, after clashing for weeks with his board.

In a video to Project Veritas employees, O’Keefe promised to start a new, rival organization doing similar undercover activist work.

O’Keefe, who became a star on the right by targeting journalists and liberal groups in hidden-camera stings, was placed on paid leave earlier this month amid a dispute with the nonprofit’s board. The board reversed O’Keefe’s firing of two top executives, and received a lengthy memo from unhappy employees detailing O’Keefe’s allegedly “outright cruel” conduct.

A video of O’Keefe announcing his exit was posted to the video website Vimeo. In it, an emotional O’Keefe, standing in front of his desk and a Project Veritas backdrop, claimed he had been pushed out by the board after telling its members to either quit themselves or face his resignation—a gambit that apparently failed. In the 45-minute video, O’Keefe got choked up, quoted Ayn Rand’s The Fountainhead, and appeared to wipe away tears as he announced his plans for a new Project Veritas-type group.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:07 am

Is 'project veritas' an organisation that can generally be trusted or is it the garden variety conservative think tant that wants to leave everything in private hands and the state to just make sure that the wealthy stay so, good faith be damned?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:12 am

Svartalf wrote:Is 'project veritas' an organisation that can generally be trusted or is it the garden variety conservative think tant that wants to leave everything in private hands and the state to just make sure that the wealthy stay so, good faith be damned?
It's not that sophisticated. It's all about pwning the Libs and justifying being an angry white man - and making money out of it of course. Think Alex Jones with a GoPro.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:08 am

I didn't need that image :|~
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:25 pm

The premise that Fox News had any integrity to compromise is faulty. Its audience doesn't want integrity though, so everything is just dandy. The author of the piece spent plenty of time on Fox News before he decided that Trump was just too too for him; he has a vested interest in promoting a fiction regarding pre-Trump Fox News. :coffee:

'Why Fox News Lied to the Viewers It "Respects"'
There are some stories that are important enough to pause the news cycle and linger on them, to explore not just what happened, but why. And so it is with Fox News’s role in the events leading up to Jan. 6, 2021. Thanks to a recent filing by Dominion Voting Systems in its defamation lawsuit against Fox, there is now compelling evidence that America’s most-watched cable news network presented information it knew to be false as part of an effort to placate an angry audience. It knowingly sacrificed its integrity to maintain its market share.

Why? There are the obvious reasons: Money. Power. Fame. These are universal human temptations. But the answer goes deeper. Fox News became a juggernaut not simply by being “Republican,” or “conservative,” but by offering its audience something it craved even more deeply: representation. And journalism centered on representation ultimately isn’t journalism at all.

In the emails and texts highlighted in the Dominion filing, you see Fox News figures, including Sean Hannity and Suzanne Scott and Lachlan Murdoch, referring to the need to “respect” the audience. To be clear, by “respect” they didn’t mean “tell the truth” — an act of genuine respect. Instead they meant “represent.”

Representation can have its place. Fox’s deep connection with its conservative audience means that it can be ahead of the rest of the media on stories that affect red states and red culture.

But there is a difference between coming from a community and speaking for a community. In journalism, the former can be valuable, but the latter can be corrupt. It can result in audience capture (writing to please your audience, not challenge it) and in fear and timidity in reporting facts that contradict popular narratives. And in extreme instances — such as what we witnessed from Fox News after the 2020 presidential election — it can result in almost cartoonish villainy.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:29 am

Yeah. Why was that audience angry enough in the first place to need placating with lies? Because to enrage is to engage...

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:00 pm

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:24 am

Jan 6th protestors were just in Capitol for selfies. Except for the FBI agents in plain clothes. (there is no footage in the first clip). A few hooligans are there. Capitol police started the unrest by shooting tear gas into the crowd.

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:01 pm

There is no audio in the videos, and it is not clear whether the officers and Chansley are talking to each other.

In court documents, however, prosecutors say that Capitol Police officers repeatedly tried to engage with Chansley and others in the crowd, asking them to leave.

Prosecutors say that Chansley disobeyed that request and walked to the Senate floor. Video from that day shows officers following Chansley around the building, and an officer walks into the chamber with Chansley and continues to ask rioters to leave.

Additionally, Capitol Police officers have testified at several January 6 trials that after the initial wave of rioters entered the building, they felt outnumbered and were afraid of escalating violence by engaging with the mob. Members of the crowd were therefore able to walk into the building without much, or any, physical resistance, according to the officers.

Chansley pleaded guilty to a felony charge of obstructing the Electoral College proceedings on January 6 and was sentenced to 41 months in prison.

(CNN)

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:15 pm

It was no longer Trump police working then, but until Jan 20th they were just taking orders from their boss at the Capitol.
A federal indictment shows that six people were arrested inside the Capitol building on Jan. 6 and later charged on four counts: entering and remaining in a restricted building, disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building, violent entry and disorderly conduct in the Capitol building, and parading, demonstrating or picketing in the Capitol building.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 077303002/

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:42 pm

Muriel Bowser?

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:41 pm

CNN story did not pick up on Chansley
https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/07/politics ... index.html
Tucker shows only friendly police protestor interactions.