Media Bias

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Media Bias

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:12 am

Burn the heretics! :mob:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:20 pm

On Fox Business, two former members of the former president's administration still lying and assiduously kissing the grotesque arse.

'Mike Pence claims that Joe Biden lies more than any other president he's seen, ignoring his 4 years working for Trump'
Former Vice President Mike Pence said "never in my lifetime" had he seen a president lie as much as Joe Biden.

The claim sat oddly with his four years working for President Donald Trump, whose frequent false claims and promotion of disinformation was a hallmark of his presidency.

Pence made the comment on Larry Kudlow's Fox Business show on Monday. Kudlow asked Pence about Biden's claims on inflation, which the host claimed the president was failing to take responsibility for by pinning it on the war in Ukraine.

Kudlow was also a member of the Trump administration, running the National Economic Council from 2018 to the end of the Trump administration in 2021.

"Have you ever seen a president who refuses to accept blame, and I want to add to that, commits so many falsehoods?" Kudlow asked. "I'm being very polite here, calling it falsehoods – falsehoods, you know, on any given day. He's out there saying stuff that just ain't true. Have you ever seen anything like that?"

Pence replied that he hadn't.

"Never in my lifetime," said the former vice president. "I said today that there has never been a time in my life where a president was more disconnected from the American people than we see today."

Meanwhile, horrible leftist Big Tech cancel culture continues to suppress the free speech of American patriots...

'Facebook takes down Senate candidate Eric Greitens' "RINO hunting" campaign video'
Facebook removed a campaign video Monday from Missouri Republican Senate candidate Eric Greitens over a violation of the platform's rules against violence.

In the video, Greitens is seen holding a gun and stating that he is hunting RINOs, or Republicans In Name Only.

The ad includes the former Missouri governor being flanked by an armed tactical unit on a street outside a home as he says, "The RINO feeds on corruption and is marked by the stripes of cowardice."

The tactical team breaks through the front door and tosses flash-bang grenades inside the home. Greitens then enters an empty living room through the smoke and urges voters to get a "RINO hunting permit."

"Join the MAGA crew. Get a RINO hunting permit. There’s no bagging limit, no tagging limit and it doesn’t expire until we save our country," he said in the clip.

Facebook said the video was taken down because it violated policies "prohibiting violence and incitement."

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:52 pm

Of course Biden lies a lot, he's not called sleepin Joe for nothing, and it's better to be lying down than sitting or standing if you intend to sleep a bit.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:55 am

:hehe:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:44 am

The rotten no-good wokists just hate America, I tell you. Besmirching the good name of Thomas Jefferson by pointing out he owned hundreds of slaves. Oh the horror of it all. Right-thinking patriots will not stand for it!

'Right-wing media freak out over Monticello teaching visitors that Thomas Jefferson enslaved hundreds'
The right-wing media ecosystem is expressing outrage following a New York Post story that Monticello, the estate of Thomas Jefferson, is teaching visitors that the principal author of the Declaration of Independence enslaved hundreds of people.

The conservative freakout seemingly started with a July 4 tweet from Jeffrey A. Tucker, who complained of “aggressive political messaging” at Monticello. Tucker, who is the president of the Brownstone Institute — formed in May 2021 to oppose COVID-19 precautions — also wrote a column the same day for the conspiracy theory website The Epoch Times complaining about his visit there. The New York Post picked up the story and interviewed Tucker for its July 9 article titled “Monticello is going woke — and trashing Thomas Jefferson’s legacy in the process.” The Post made clear that its ire is primarily focused on the estate teaching that Jefferson enslaved people:
The Charlottesville, Virginia, home of the Founding Father and America’s third president is one of our best-known national monuments, familiar from its appearance on the nickel since 1938.

But the hilltop mansion designed by Jefferson himself, once preserved as a tribute to the author of the Declaration of Independence, now offers visitors a harangue on the horrors of slavery.

“The whole thing has the feel of propaganda and manipulation,” Jeffrey Tucker, founder of the libertarian Brownstone Institute and a recent visitor, told The Post. “People on my tour seemed sad and demoralized.”
'Who Is That Fox News Guest Who Complained About Monticello’s "Wokeism"?
Fox News on Monday hosted Jeffrey Tucker, a man it described as a “recent Monticello visitor” to share his experience after attending the former home and slave plantation once owned by America’s founding father, statesman, and third President, Thomas Jefferson.

Tucker is not just a “recent Monticello visitor.”

In September 2000, the Southern Poverty Law Center published “The Neo-Confederates,” reporting that Tucker is “listed on the racist League of the South’s Web page” as a founding member. The League of the South is “a white supremacist group that advocates for southern secession and an independent, white-dominated South,” according to the Anti-Defamation League. The SPLC says Tucker denies his membership, but notes that “Tucker has written for League publications.”

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:54 am

I'll never understand these weirdos on either side who feel such profound connectedness to history.

--stop role-playing your lives away!

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:03 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:54 am
I'll never understand these weirdos on either side who feel such profound connectedness to history.

--stop role-playing your lives away!
They should just forget about it, eh? Better yet, don't even learn about it in the first place. Stupid weirdos.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:19 pm

Fuck off you two. If you lose connection to your culture's history, you lose contact to who you happen to be.
Also, those who fail to learn the lessons of history are prone to make mistakes that could be avoided.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:29 pm

I love history. We are all better for learning it.

But we're closer, with few exceptions, to everyone today than even our own recent history, nevermind hundreds of years ago.

I could champion my Irishness, many do. Or my Italian, my grandmother being the first born in the US. Many in my family do both. But they're roll-playing, and yes, they're weirdos.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:31 pm

I am not history. That thinking is weird.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:36 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:29 pm
I love history. We are all better for learning it.

But we're closer, with few exceptions, to everyone today than even our own recent history, nevermind hundreds of years ago.

I could champion my Irishness, many do. Or my Italian, my grandmother being the first born in the US. Many in my family do both. But they're roll-playing, and yes, they're weirdos.
Look, the last Scot joined my family tree in 1715, and the last Irish guy maybe 20 years previously. I still feel very much a Celt. Even though those guys married in Normandy.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:37 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:31 pm
I am not history. That thinking is weird.
Forget history, and your mind exists in a vacuum, which I find even weirder.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:41 pm

One does not forget history by acknowledging reality. You feel a Celt. Whatever that means, you've invented it. You're roll-playing.

Hell, it's nearly impossible to understand ourselves today, to see us as we are now, what else but pure imagination connects you to a time long gone?

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:51 pm

Far off is not the same as long gone. You can grow up steeped in traditions that are far older than any living person, whether those are carried by the ambient culture, or just your family and the people you grew up with.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:04 pm

Yes, of course. We're very good at it.