Re: Media Bias

Post by Svartalf » Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:47 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:32 pm
Cunt wrote:More oldtwitter bias.

https://twitter.com/againstgrmrs/status ... 6403131393
BREAKING: New Twitter files reveal that before
@elonmusk
took over, our account was on a BLACKLIST.

We always knew this was the case, especially since we were unjustly suspended twice, but now there’s proof.

Twitter protected groomers and punished those trying to protect kids.
The gays are infighting. How will the rainbow mafia decide which ones are anti-LGBTQAIP++?
If you're a TERF group who broadcast the opinion that trans people are child abusers and recognising the human rights of trans people is a threat to the well-being of children, then of course you're going to think that being banned is 'protecting groomers and punishing those trying to protect kids' - because you've already decided that you're the hero of the narrative and that trans people are an evil to be defeated. It's a self-reinforcing story. So what was this group actually posting, eh?
Bhah, some of those trans fanatics deem that birth defects, say, something called a hypospadias, constitute in and of themselves an intersex condition in the baby, and that parents who have the defect surgically corrected ASAP, that is before the toddler can consent, are actually violating the child's human rights.

Given how prevalent such defects are, I'm pretty sure that only a tiny minority of afflictees are actually intersexual, and given what the deformity does to you, I'm pretty sure that keeping it until the child can give informed consent is going to cause him a lot more trouble than getting it corrected ASAP.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:59 pm

Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:

@elonmusk

We always knew this was the case, especially since we were unjustly suspended twice, but now there’s proof.

The gays are infighting. How will the rainbow mafia decide which ones are anti-LGBTQAIP++?
If you're a TERF group whi broadcast the opinion that trans people are child abusers and recognising the human rights of trans people is a threat to the well-being of children, then of course you're going to think that being banned is 'protecting groomers and punished those trying to protect kids' - because you've already decided that you're the hero and that trans people are an evil to be defeated. It's a self-reinforcing story. So what was this group actually posting, eh?
I've not seen much from either group. The 'Gays Against Groomers' was mentioned in a few news casts, and pointed out a weird thing. When people try to lump groomers in with all gays, by saying that attacking groomers was attacking gays, it is more an insult to the gays, than a defense of anything.

Now you seem to be making the same mistake by lumping all trans people with some groomers who are being accused.

If you want to know what they were actually posting, it should be easy to find (now that they are unbanned). You could surely find evidence of them being haters, if it's there. If, alternately, you don't find anything of the kind, I'll assume you satisfied yourself that they were indeed just singling out groomers, rather than all trans people.
Everybody is against child sexual abuse and grooming, so that's not the issue (not counting child abusers there of course). The issues are claims that trans people are a significant risk to children at large. So the logic of such an argument goes like this:
  • Premise 1: Everybody is against child sexual abuse and grooming
  • Premise 2: Trans people are child sexual abusers and groomers
  • Conclusion: Therefore, everybody is against trans people
There's two questions that follow from this:

1. Are the premises true, because if they aren't then the conclusion must be false?

2. Why are you promoting the arguments of trans exclusionary activists here and then goading others by explicitly stating that someone taking issue with premise 2 (me) is making exactly the same argument as the TERF group quoted and "lumping all trans people with some groomers who are being accused"?

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:19 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:59 pm
Everybody is against child sexual abuse and grooming, so that's not the issue (not counting child abusers there of course). The issues are claims that trans people are a significant risk to children at large. So the logic of such an argument goes like this:

1. Are the premises true, because if they aren't then the conclusion must be false?
Correction. If the premises are false then whether or not the conclusion is true cannot be known from the argument. Arguments with false premises can have true conclusions.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:31 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:47 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:

@elonmusk

If you're a TERF group who broadcast the opinion that trans people are child abusers and recognising the human rights of trans people is a threat to the well-being of children, then of course you're going to think that being banned is 'protecting groomers and punishing those trying to protect kids' - because you've already decided that you're the hero of the narrative and that trans people are an evil to be defeated. It's a self-reinforcing story. So what was this group actually posting, eh?
Bhah, some of those trans fanatics deem that birth defects, say, something called a hypospadias, constitute in and of themselves an intersex condition in the baby, and that parents who have the defect surgically corrected ASAP, that is before the toddler can consent, are actually violating the child's human rights.

Given how prevalent such defects are, I'm pretty sure that only a tiny minority of afflictees are actually intersexual, and given what the deformity does to you, I'm pretty sure that keeping it until the child can give informed consent is going to cause him a lot more trouble than getting it corrected ASAP.
Not sure of that condition, but it seems ok to leave that to the parents. Some of those are stupid, but individual stupidity is MUCH more dangerous when written into policy.

I guess I usually go individual over collectivism.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:35 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:

@elonmusk

If you're a TERF group whi broadcast the opinion that trans people are child abusers and recognising the human rights of trans people is a threat to the well-being of children, then of course you're going to think that being banned is 'protecting groomers and punished those trying to protect kids' - because you've already decided that you're the hero and that trans people are an evil to be defeated. It's a self-reinforcing story. So what was this group actually posting, eh?
I've not seen much from either group. The 'Gays Against Groomers' was mentioned in a few news casts, and pointed out a weird thing. When people try to lump groomers in with all gays, by saying that attacking groomers was attacking gays, it is more an insult to the gays, than a defense of anything.

Now you seem to be making the same mistake by lumping all trans people with some groomers who are being accused.

If you want to know what they were actually posting, it should be easy to find (now that they are unbanned). You could surely find evidence of them being haters, if it's there. If, alternately, you don't find anything of the kind, I'll assume you satisfied yourself that they were indeed just singling out groomers, rather than all trans people.
Everybody is against child sexual abuse and grooming, so that's not the issue (not counting child abusers there of course). The issues are claims that trans people are a significant risk to children at large.
Who made that claim?

I was waiting for you to bring evidence of such a claim made by 'Gays Against Groomers'.

So the logic of such an argument goes like this:

Obviously not. I don't know why you would make them, since they have nothing to do with 'gays against groomers' as far as I see from your evidence.

2. Why are you promoting the arguments of trans exclusionary activists here and then goading others by explicitly stating that someone taking issue with premise 2 (me) is making exactly the same argument as the TERF group quoted and "lumping all trans people with some groomers who are being accused"?
Who are the trans exclusionary activists?

You still haven't shown any from Gays Against Groomers. Maybe it's there, but so far you are expecting me to believe they are 'trans exclusionary activists' when all I see is that they are against exposing children to kink stuff.

If you want to lump all trans people in with groomers, that's on you. I won't.

I also don't have a problem saying that drag and kink in general is not suitable for kids. How about you?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:07 pm

Cunt wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:31 pm
Svartalf wrote:

Not sure of that condition, but it seems ok to leave that to the parents. Some of those are stupid, but individual stupidity is MUCH more dangerous when written into policy.

I was born with that defect, and very likely a rather extreme form of it, as I was a huge preemie, I know what my life would have been like without the surgeries, and I know that I'm as perfectly male as humanly possible without going into XYY realm. anybody who says my parents violated my rights by making sure the problem was corrected before I could be bothered by it in public life (before I could go to kindergarten) deserves nothing better than a solid kick in the groin...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:27 pm

rasetsu wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:

Correction. If the premises are false then whether or not the conclusion is true cannot be known from the argument. Arguments with false premises can have true conclusions.
Aye. I was giving our friend from the north the simple linear version. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:32 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:07 pm
Cunt wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:31 pm
Svartalf wrote:

I was born with that defect, and very likely a rather extreme form of it, as I was a huge preemie, I know what my life would have been like without the surgeries, and I know that I'm as perfectly male as humanly possible without going into XYY realm. anybody who says my parents violated my rights by making sure the problem was corrected before I could be bothered by it in public life (before I could go to kindergarten) deserves nothing better than a solid kick in the groin...
Ya. I would almost always prefer the parents choose.

When parents choose badly, they can destroy the lives of all their children. That can be up to 30 or more.

When government/school chooses badly, they can destroy the lives of more. So much more.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:26 am

Cunt wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:32 pm
When parents choose badly, they can destroy the lives of all their children. That can be up to 30 or more.

When government/school chooses badly, they can destroy the lives of more. So much more.

By not banning the right books, eh?

Have you got your '10% for the Big Guy' hoody yet? :smoke:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:39 pm

No, I try not to participate in that way, in the grifts.

Have you got your blue and yellow flags up yet?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:35 pm

Lefty's are big mad about Mr. Musk allowing more voices to be heard.

But that CERTAINLY doesn't mean that it had a bias, or that media has one. Nosiree bub.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1608939190548598784
If you don’t think there’s at least a tiny chance you’re an NPC … you’re an NPC
Did you or anyone you know get butthurt by Mr. Musks move to let Carl Benjamin and his kind back on the platform? You may be eligible for a sarcastic sympathy emoticon.

:tea:

https://babylonbee.com/news/government- ... -the-media

"We can't overstate how dangerous this is," said gay black Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre. "Yes, we still control Facebook, Google, Apple, Instagram, YouTube, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, The Washington Post, The New York Times, Hollywood, TIME, USAToday, The Wall Street Journal, and pretty much all the rest, but we don't control Twitter. This is dangerous to democracy."

Babylon Bee > The Onion.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well

Post by rasetsu » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:28 pm

No it doesn't Do you think it does?

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:47 pm

I think it's way funnier. Comedy has to be brave, and I can't remember the Onion doing something daring in a long time.

Certainly nothing they would get 'Charlie Hebdo'ed' over.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well

Post by rasetsu » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:00 pm

:read:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:25 am

Looks like someone took issue with Dinesh labelling child-rape as something less awful.

The core of his question is clear enough though. If she didn't have any customers, what's she in jail for? If she did, why aren't they in jail with her?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: