Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Media Bias

Post by Tero » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:08 pm

Fox news and Trump fans mad at Fox. Not for the false news, but for not going along with "election was stolen" holy belief. You cannot say that it was not stolen even in private.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:20 pm

To even consider that the "stolen election meme" is possibly false would begin to corrode the whole Trumpist belief system, and so it becomes blasphemous to doubt it...

Patterns of delusion recur in both religion and ideology...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:04 pm

russians.jpg

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:48 pm

8515206B-8009-441C-B43B-5407BCEBD0F5.jpeg
It turns out only about 1 million Americans tune into Fox news evening shows anymore. The total of leftist channels is also 1 million. It is possible some people are recording and streaming as well. But the right wing people are manipulated by talk radio which has no left wing equivalent.

Tucker is spending a week now covering up. But where else are Trump fans going to go?

It could be the start of the end. Tucker's predecessor got fired. Bill O'Reilly was costing them too much for sexual harassment at work.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:11 am

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:17 am

BBC not allowed to show man made destruction of habitat
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/ ... lash-fears

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:19 am

The Second Amendment doesn't say anything about transgender people! ;ob;

'Pro-Gun Tucker Carlson Pumps Brakes on Armed Transgender People'
When it comes to transgender people arming themselves in light of the threat of harassment or attacks from hate groups, firearm advocate Tucker Carlson is skeptical, he made clear Thursday, insisting that doing so is “not the exercise of the Second Amendment” but rather “political hysteria.”

Carlson called attention to a recent NPR interview with gay and transgender people in New England who practice shooting as a self-defense measure. He then mocked the notion of white supremacist groups in that region, because, as he put it, “every state is blue.”

Carlson concluded: “We’re as for guns as you could possibly be, but this seems like an incitement.”
The question of who or what is being incited (presumably to violence) is left as an exercise for the listener, it seems.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:28 am

until transfolk are officially stripped of their status as humans/US citizens, their right to own and arm bears is the same as that of anybody else, even rump's carnival scotus would not dare touch that...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:59 am

Svartalf wrote:until transfolk are officially stripped of their status as humans/US citizens, their right to own and arm bears is the same as that of anybody else, even rump's carnival scotus would not dare touch that...
Tucker's sketch is not concerned with legal or constitutional matters. That's just the framing. Criticising his 'point' on those grounds simply shifts the 'debate' onto territory which makes the 'discussion' appear rational and/or reasonable. This is how Tucker snares you into talking about his ideas as if we're merely having a difference of opinion, when what he's really doing is undermining the concept of Universal Human Rights by denigrating the personhoid and the rights of the Queer community, or the Black community, immigrants and refugees, etc etc.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:49 am

Fox News not having a great deal of success in their attempt to fend off the consequences of their blatant and demonstrably conscious lying about the Dominion voting machines (= billions of simoleons in damages). Fox News tried to get a summary judgement to have the suit thrown out, instead the judge granted summary judgement to Dominion on pretty much everything except 'actual malice' ('high degree of awareness of falsity'). The evidence already presented by Dominion should make that an easy decision for the jury.

It's looking like Murdoch will have to appeal to the US Supreme Court (eventually, after exhausting options in lower courts) to turn this one around. 'Help me, Obi Wan Alito!'

'Dominion wins rare judgment against Fox News on every legal issue but actual malice before blockbuster trial'
In a “rare” ruling, Dominion Voting Systems scored blockbuster victories against Fox News on multiple issues before their upcoming blockbuster trial next month.

The remarkable, 130-page ruling from Delaware Superior Court Judge Eric M. Davis found that there was no need for a jury to establish that the broadcasts at issue were false.

“While the Court must view the record in the light most favorable to Fox, the record does not show a genuine issue of material fact as to falsity,” Davis wrote in his ruling. “Through its extensive proof, Dominion has met its burden of showing there is no genuine issue of material fact as to falsity. Fox therefore had the burden to show an issue of material fact existed in turn. Fox failed to meet its burden. The evidence developed in this civil proceeding demonstrates that is CRYSTAL clear that none of the Statements relating to Dominion about the 2020 election are true.” (emphasis in original)

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:56 am

Oh dear, what a terrible, terrible shame. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:07 pm

American media--Trump's fiddle for the playing.

'Beware a Media Once Again Hypnotized by the Trump Spectacle'
At the criminal court in downtown Manhattan today, nothing important happened. Believe me. I was there. There were no meaningful occurrences of true consequence. Certainly nothing worthy of a claim on your limited attention. I wouldn't bring it up at all, except that I fear that my friends and I in the media may be about to gleefully poison this nation, one more time.

Some will say, "Isn't the historic arraignment of a former United States President important as well?" And I say to you: No. It's not. Not really.

Donald Trump walking in and getting his mug shot taken is not important in the same way that a woman in Florida being forced to have a baby she doesn't want due to the brutal and cowardly actions of her state's elected leaders is important.

A single pool reporter with a notebook and an iPhone could cover the Trump arraignment just as effectively as dozens of CNN satellite teams can, because there is not really very much happening, when you get right down to it. I don't want to be an old crank here. I like spectacle. I am a reporter on the far margins of national news, and that is where spectacle belongs.

It is worth making this point very clearly, before the 2024 presidential campaign season really gets cooking. It's not too late to correct our course here. The press had many grave, chin-stroking panels about lessons learned after our hypnotic fascination with Trump's every last bleat ushered him into the White House atop a pile of free media coverage. But if today was any indication, the hypnotism is just as strong as ever. We are right back in the same place, doing the whole dumb thing all over again.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:25 am

This should please the dopes who think Elon Musk is a champion of free speech.

'NPR Won't Tweet Until Elon Musk Removes "False Label" From Account'
National Public Radio (NPR) refuses to tweet from its main account, which boasts over eight million followers, until Twitter chief Elon Musk removes a “false label” describing the news organization as “state-affiliated media.”

Musk, meanwhile, admitted to an NPR reporter this week that his designation of the media outlet “might not be accurate” and that he was still evaluating the label on the nonprofit media org’s account.

As of Friday, however, NPR was still falsely designated as state-controlled on the social media site.

While it remains unclear why the “Chief Twit” suddenly decided to place NPR in the same category as Chinese and Russian government propaganda, Musk reacted with an exclamation point on Tuesday to a “Twitter Files” reporter Michael Shellenberger’s thread criticizing NPR.

While free press advocates and journalists took Twitter to task over the inaccurate labeling, noting that NPR receives only one percent of its funding from the federal government, the outlet itself fired back.

“We were disturbed to see last night that Twitter has labeled NPR as ‘state-affiliated media,’ a description that, per Twitter’s own guidelines, does not apply to NPR,” NPR president and CEO John Lansing said on Wednesday. “NPR and our Member stations are supported by millions of listeners who depend on us for the independent, fact-based journalism we provide. NPR stands for freedom of speech and holding the powerful accountable. It is unacceptable for Twitter to label us this way.”

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:37 am

But elo IS, at least if it is his own speach or agreeing with him.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping