Notorious RBG Retirement?

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Notorious RBG Retirement?

Post by Forty Two » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:30 pm

I'm not making an equivalence. How retarded must someone be to suggest that making fun of politicians, elected officials, or appointed judges requires some sort of "equivalence?"

White people are "allowed" to say the "n" word, and I see nothing in the least troubling in the fact that it is more socially acceptable for black people to use the word "nigger" than for white people to do so. I think it makes sense that gay people can use the word "fag" without the same social repercussions, too. And, when women call each other bitches, I find it not in the least troubling that men don't have the same social license. Why in the world would you be of the completely idiotic view that I think that's in the least "unfair?"
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:39 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:30 pm
I'm not making an equivalence. How retarded must someone be to suggest that making fun of politicians, elected officials, or appointed judges requires some sort of "equivalence?"
You defended your posts with tu quoque:
Forty Two wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:21 pm
Check out the make fun of trump threads (multiple) that have been raging for three (3) years without stop. If you find that kind of funnin' to be classier than the above, I guess that's your call. But, Democrats and Lefties get to be mocked and made fun of, too. Every time, though, someone has to white-knight, and wag fingers, because this -- this - is over the line.
which implies that if it's ok to mock Trump, it's ok to mock RBG. Of course, you're welcome to mock RBG while she recovers from having cancerous growths removed, but it's not really a good look for you, just as Trump's mockery of disabled people isn't a good look for him.
Forty Two wrote:
White people are "allowed" to say the "n" word, and I see nothing in the least troubling in the fact that it is more socially acceptable for black people to use the word "nigger" than for white people to do so. I think it makes sense that gay people can use the word "fag" without the same social repercussions, too. And, when women call each other bitches, I find it not in the least troubling that men don't have the same social license. Why in the world would you be of the completely idiotic view that I think that's in the least "unfair?"
Because you're a Social Injustice Warrior and a Meninist. White, male grievance is kind of your thing...
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:50 pm

I call myself a cracker and a redneck, but somebody else call me that i shoot they sorry ass.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:53 pm

Seabass wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:39 pm
Forty Two wrote:
You defended your posts with tu quoque:
Forty Two wrote:
Check out the make fun of trump threads (multiple) that have been raging for three (3) years without stop. If you find that kind of funnin' to be classier than the above, I guess that's your call. But, Democrats and Lefties get to be mocked and made fun of, too. Every time, though, someone has to white-knight, and wag fingers, because this -- this - is over the line.
which implies that if it's ok to mock Trump, it's ok to mock RBG. Of course, you're welcome to mock RBG while she recovers from having cancerous growths removed, but it's not really a good look for you, just as Trump's mockery of disabled people isn't a good look for him.
Oh, relax, Nancy.
Seabass wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:39 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Because you're a Social Injustice Warrior and a Meninist. White, male grievance is kind of your thing...
LOL - you know there is no such thing as Meninist. That was a gag.

But, how in the world did what I just write suggest "Social Injustice?" Should I be bothered by the greater social penalty white people face when they use the word nigger as compared to black people? I said, explicitly, that it doesn't bother me at all that a white person suffers more social consequences when using the word nigger. That's me being a "social injustice warrior?" Do "social justice warriors" think whites should face no greater social consequence than blacks for using the word?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:13 pm

Actually there are meninists, they are fan of the Meninas picture by Velasquez.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:27 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:53 pm
LOL - you know there is no such thing as Meninist.
LOL,
Meninism is term used which has been used to describe various groups, including the men's rights movement, and male feminists. The term is sometimes used sincerely to challenge social issues facing men, and sometimes satirically or semi-satirically as a word-play on feminism. Members of these groups are known as meninists.

The term meninism was used in the early 2000s to describe male feminists who opposed sexism and supported women's right for equality in society, politics and at work. By the next decade, the term was used on social media to make jokes which mocked and criticised radical feminism. In 2013 the BBC reported that the hashtag #MeninistTwitter was being used on Twitter, first to share jokes about feminism, but later to share more serious difficulties facing modern men.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:30 pm

Seabass, you have convinced me. Great job!

You convinced me about what level of respect you think is deserved by your political opponents. This is about the amount of respect you yourself deserve.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:50 pm

A (satirical) belief showing the hypocrisy of first world feminism by flipping the sexes and complaining about men's rights in a similar way to what first world feminists do.
(feminists then proved their point by getting upset about it)
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... m=meninist

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:57 pm

Nothing funny about her causes - they are SO SERIOUS.

Look at the academics she inspired!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/04/arts ... -hoax.html
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:48 am

Attachments
Darth Bader.jpg
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:14 am

Forty Two wrote:
Diddums.

Have they been all nasty to your herwo Twumpy-Wumpy?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:33 am

Dude, I'm not the one complaining about them. But, obviously, yes, for three solid years, the nastiness directed at Trump has been far more extreme than anything directed at RBG. The stuff on this thread is pretty tame, but because she's on "Team Virtue" it's beyond the pale.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:38 am

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:07 pm

:lol:
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping