BREXIT! BREXIT! BREXIT!

Tyrannical

Re: BREXIT! BREXIT! BREXIT!

Post by Tyrannical » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:57 pm

laklak wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:31 pm
Boris renounces his renouncement of U.S. citizenship, SCOTUS rules he's a natural born citizen. Trump/Johnson 2020. They win, of course, but the Dems vote impeachment. Trump resigns, Boris pardons him, and the Queen is our new head of state. We get crumpets and Marmite, you get pickups and AR-15s. It's a win-win. Rule Ameritania!

We'll build a bridge, with a stop over in Greenland, once we buy it.
I have to say that's about the funniest damn thing I've ever read.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:24 am

Boris is just wasting time. He has nothing to lose. He is going to win the next GE anyway.

Brexit is a necessary crisis – it reveals Britain’s true place in the world
A determined ignorance of the dynamics of global capitalism is bringing about a long-overdue audit of British realities

Who backs Brexit? Agriculture is against it; industry is against it; services are against it. None of them, needless to say, support a no-deal Brexit. Yet the Conservative party, which favoured European union for economic reasons over many decades, has become not only Eurosceptic – it is set on a course regarded by every reputable capitalist state and the great majority of capitalist enterprises as deeply foolish.

If any prime minister in the past had shown such a determined ignorance of the dynamics of global capitalism, the massed ranks of British capital would have stepped in to force a change of direction. Yet today, while the CBI and the Financial Times call for the softest possible Brexit, the Tory party is no longer listening.
It is all about money and FA else.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:03 am

I don't think it's even about money in the end. The Rees-Moggs, Duncan Smiths, Foxs and Farages etc are, by any standard, incredibly wealthy people. If it's about money then it's about having more money than the next bloke in their peer group, which means it's about status, which means its about power. They're basically dick-waving.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:14 am

Power and nationalism.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:25 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:14 am
Power and nationalism.
We used to have national power until someone stole the copper cables.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:02 pm

Well the wall has been hit:

Brexit talks in Brussels between EU and the UK come to a halt
Sources from both sides confirm that no further negotiations are scheduled

Brexit talks have come to an abrupt halt in Brussels days after the British government demanded intensive negotiations on Boris Johnson’s proposals.

Sources on both sides confirmed that no meetings between the negotiating teams were scheduled. There are 22 days to go before the UK is due to leave the EU.

Discussions between EU and UK officials had been held almost daily since the prime minister and the European commission president, Jean-Claude Juncker, met for lunch in Luxembourg in mid-September.

The Brexit secretary, Stephen Barclay, had earlier this week called for the talks to intensify to try to secure a deal for leaders to sign off at an EU summit on 17 October.

But after a tumultuous Tuesday, during which unnamed Downing Street sources accused the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, of wielding a veto on the UK leaving the EU’s custom’s union, the talks appear to have hit a wall.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:33 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:02 pm

Brexit talks have come to an abrupt halt in Brussels days after the British government demanded intensive negotiations on Boris Johnson’s proposals.

Drivel. There have been no talks, so how could they come to a halt?

:smug: The only thing we can take from this is that Boris wants to be able to blame the EU for No Deal.
He knows this, his cabinet knows this, the EU knows this, anyone with half a brain knows this.
Boris is however relying on his supporters not to know this. :smug: :smug:
BArF−4

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:16 am

A consistent majority of British people believe the decision to leave the EU was a mistake, according to long-running polling by YouGov.
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/the-e ... ?r=US&IR=T
BArF−4

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:30 am

Well we’ve made our own bed.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:30 am

DUP

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:23 am

Rum wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:30 am
DUP
In an election the DUP would probably lose half of their seats. Effectively they are the only party that would return to a hard border and a dismantling of the Good Friday agreement. Lost in time.
BArF−4

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:29 am

I meant ‘’duplicate’. :hehe:

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:09 am

Rum wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:29 am
I meant ‘’duplicate’. :hehe:
Not at all, at all.
BArF−4

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:55 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:03 am
I don't think it's even about money in the end. The Rees-Moggs, Duncan Smiths, Foxs and Farages etc are, by any standard, incredibly wealthy people. If it's about money then it's about having more money than the next bloke in their peer group, which means it's about status, which means its about power. They're basically dick-waving.
It isn't the fact that they are incredibly wealthy, it is what they are doing with this wealth in order to avoid paying tax. With the individuals like those above using 'tax loopholes' in the law (somehow not getting closed by the politicians in power) and the corporate use of Tax Havens, we could be talking about trillions at risk of new EU laws being returned to the Public Purse...
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:07 pm

Alan B wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:55 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:03 am
It isn't the fact that they are incredibly wealthy, it is what they are doing with this wealth in order to avoid paying tax. With the individuals like those above using 'tax loopholes' in the law (somehow not getting closed by the politicians in power) and the corporate use of Tax Havens, we could be talking about trillions at risk of new EU laws being returned to the Public Purse...
Entirely agree Alan. Many people dont realise how much money is involved or how many. In Mogsy's ERG there are over 10,000 members. Not all penniless either. It is an enormous amount of money. This load of codswallop that is demonstrating is not helping. The Brexiteers are laughing their heads off. Who is worried about the environment when you are verging on complete collapse of the economy and turning the country into a tax haven or the 51st state of America. So pathetic.