BREXIT! BREXIT! BREXIT!

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: BREXIT! BREXIT! BREXIT!

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:43 am

Seabass wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:38 am

To be fair, in the bizarro Breitbart/Daily Caller parallel universe where Coity exists, racism was solved 50-60 years ago. :prof:
In your bizarro Young Turks/SJW world, it's racist issue grades in college and for white people to wear dreadlocks or hoop earrings.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:58 am

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:43 am
Seabass wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:38 am

To be fair, in the bizarro Breitbart/Daily Caller parallel universe where Coity exists, racism was solved 50-60 years ago. :prof:
In your bizarro Young Turks/SJW world, it's racist issue grades in college and for white people to wear dreadlocks or hoop earrings.
:funny: Have I ever linked to a Young Turks article? I seriously doubt it, as I think they're pretty awful. You, on the other hand, have actually provided links to Breitbart and Daily Caller on numerous occasions.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:07 am

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:37 am
That really is it - some people look at that and see xenophobia. Others see a need for border control. Nobody denies Europe has a migration problem. It's not "xenophobic," in my opinion, to be in favor of fixing that.
:coffeespray:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:14 am

Yeah, definitely no xenophobia in that sign..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:53 am

Rum wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:43 pm
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:51 pm
She has lost rational thought. Religious nutters are unable to make rational decisions which is why she is in the mess she is.
So your incisive, objective and well informed explanation for the reason we are in this Brexit connundrum is because May is a religious nut and incapable of rational thought.

Thanks for that. I’ll pass that on to the Times letter column.
He might have a point. I listened to quite a bit of the no-confidence debate today. Even though Mrs May's negotiated deal had been complete rejected by the house she ploughed on regardless, with much conviction, saying she had a duty to forge a consensus with 'senior members of the house' to accept that her proposal was the best deal that honoured the wishes of the British people. Talking of delusional politicians, the DUP leader told the BBC that they would back Mrs May because 'nobody wants to see Jeremy Corbyn become Prime Minister.' It struck me that this is something for the British people to decide, and also that the so-called consensus with senior members of the house is code for 'Back by deal or else we're out on our arses.'? Of of the ERG members in Parliament - I can't remember his name, Toffington Toftworthy or something - said in the debate that even though he'd rejected May's deal he was nonetheless 'A Conservative through and through', and that he and every ERG member would support the government in order to (paraphrasing) 'ensure that the hands of the party opposite were kept off the reigns of power'. In fact, pretty much every Tory who spoke in support of the government kicked Corbyn's shins today - suggesting that his position was befuddled and that this had somehow led the government and the country to the position we're in today - which is exactly the one we found ourselves in yesterday, and before Christmas, and before the Novermeber deal, or the emergency October EU summit....

So perhaps Scotty is right, that the Tories, and May in particular, have an unshakable belief in the virtue of their own positions and abilities, that they are the only ones who are fit to rule, the blue bloods, the chosen few, born to rule over you (and I).

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:20 am

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:37 am
That really is it - some people look at that and see xenophobia. Others see a need for border control. Nobody denies Europe has a migration problem. It's not "xenophobic," in my opinion, to be in favor of fixing that.
If, in fact, the only motive behind an anti-immigration position was the need to control borders, and/or concerns over population density, national resources and (perhaps) jobs, then you are correct, such a position in itself is not racist.

However, both in the UK, parts of Europe and hear, many of those seriously pushing the anti-immigration position have also, in their own words, uttered racist invective. So, just like anti-islamic positions (which of course in themselves are not racist), such arguments become deeply entwined with clear racist sentiment.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:30 am

It's weird, though, that rather than "racist invective", the first example given was of Nigel Farage standing in front of a picture of an actual line of economic migrants trying to get into Europe....

I find a lot of the alleged invective to be vague at best, and generally verbiage that has to be twisted in order for the racist angle to become clear.

I don't deny that there are racists. I deny that it's to the degree advanced by the leftists. I think that most of the anti-immigration people are concerned with their own way of life, not so much the color of the skin of the people coming. I don't blame them for that. I also don't find resistance to religions to be racist, even if one ranks, say, Islam near the bottom of the list of valuable and desirable religions, I don't think that's racist. I think Islam sucks royal ass - it's false, fake - horrid bullshit - weapons grade bullshit pretending to be "godly." It's anything but, and its adherents can go fuck theyselves. That doesn't make me racist.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:33 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:14 am
If that's xenophobia, then wanting borders is xenophobic.

Is the image in the photograph fake, do you think? It's photoshopped to look like that?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:41 am

Interesting, the objections to that image. It was supposedly an image that violated race hate law because it might incite racial hatred and violence. Anyone making that claim is saying that UK citizens cannot be trusted to see an accurate photograph of an actual queue of migrants without wanting to beat their asses.

An accurate image which shows a rather populous group of migrants, along with the message that the EU has failed to secure Europe's borders and the continent is at a breaking point, is supposedly "hate speech?" We cannot see an accurate message?

What's false about it?

I mean - one might have a different view, and one might thing that Europe has plenty of room for all the economic migrants that can manage to reach the border. Sure. But, the ability to hold such a view does not disqualify the view that there have been enough migrants so far, and there is a need to sort of secure the border.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:18 am

Three posts for the price of one. Just fucking up this thread as well 42. Will you move your garbage off this thread. You are contributing anything.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:23 am

Rum wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:43 pm
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:51 pm
She has lost rational thought. Religious nutters are unable to make rational decisions which is why she is in the mess she is.
So your incisive, objective and well informed explanation for the reason we are in this Brexit connundrum is because May is a religious nut and incapable of rational thought.

Thanks for that. I’ll pass that on to the Times letter column.
I have presented along with Ani that she is a religious nutcase. Or are those beliefs compatible with a modern politician?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:27 am

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:33 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:14 am
If that's xenophobia, then wanting borders is xenophobic.

Is the image in the photograph fake, do you think? It's photoshopped to look like that?
Of course it photoshopped.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:28 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:18 am
Three posts for the price of one. Just fucking up this thread as well 42. Will you move your garbage off this thread. You are contributing anything.
Says the guy who doesn't contribute a single thing (other than hate) to this forum.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:36 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:28 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:18 am
Says the guy who doesn't contribute a single thing (other than hate) to this forum.
You are the one that brings in the hate with personal attacks. All I do is reply as do the others. I cant do anything about your shit life so why blame me.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:38 am

I'm not blaming you for anything, other than spamming the forum with your hate.