Individual-1, a joke or a threat? (talk Trump)

DRSB

Individual-1, a joke or a threat? (talk Trump)

Post by DRSB » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:30 am

So?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Individual-1, a joke or a threat? (talk Trump)

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:43 am

#LOCKHIMUP!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:58 am

Nevermind locking him up. The problem in America is far greater.

We need to stage a coup to overthrow the government and install puppets more amendable to our version of freedom.

It's the American way.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:19 am

Filthy. Disgraceful. Indecent. Vulgar. That is what the powerful and their enablers will call you if you dare poke them in the eye by actually doing what you were invited to do — roast the rich and powerful at the White House Correspondent’s Dinner — rather than what women are expected to do from birth: play nice.

On April 28, comedian Michelle Wolf let loose a bipartisan evisceration on beltway politicians and media (tellingly, the notoriously thin-skinned President Donald Trump did not attend). After peppering her speech with several swear words as well as references to sex acts and genitalia, Wolf was criticized by an uneasy alliance of both supposedly free-speech obsessed conservatives and supposedly free-speech obsessed journalists. The hypocrisy was hard to miss.

“I think sometimes they look at a woman and they think ‘Oh, she'll be nice,’ and if you've seen any of my comedy you know that I don't — I'm not,” Wolf told NPR after the event. “I think they still have preconceived notions of how women will present themselves and I don't fit in that box.”

It is instructive that in the era of Trump — a man who has torpedoed the notion of civility — women are still expected to be polite and demure. “She did not cater to the room” was an actual criticism of her performance.

At a time when the word “resistance” has been sanitized and neutered, a “vulgar” Wolf understood the power of words and used them to deliver a knockout punch to a crowd more accustomed to being comfortable. As one commentator put it: “She wanted to napalm the room and she did. Unapologetically.”

That is the power of profanity — and why it is important for women to not shy away from it. Indeed, whenever I stand at a podium to give a lecture, I begin with my declaration of faith: “F**k the patriarchy.” Whether I am lecturing on feminism in Lahore, Pakistan or Dublin, Ireland or Johannesburg, South Africa or New York City, my declaration never changes.

I could say “dismantle the patriarchy” but I don’t because I am a woman; a woman of color; a Muslim woman. And I am not supposed to say f**k.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/i ... mdRuavZ2YY

The cowards at the Correspondent's Dinner have actually decided they're not having a comedian roast this year.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:59 pm

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:04 pm

Trump and Falwell. Scummier and scummier.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ar ... dsQcDbeVN0

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:20 pm

He can do no wrong in Doonbeg.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:28 am

Margaret Atwood warned that the U.S. will face a French Revolution-type event if the political system is not changed.

The United States will face its own “French Revolution” without significant changes to the current political system, author Margaret Atwood said last week.

The 79-year-old writer of the dystopian novel The Handmaid’s Tale pointed to numerous factors contributing to inequality in the U.S., warning that left unchecked, such inequality would lead to an event similar to the revolution in 18th century France that saw the ousting of the ruling class.

Via The Independent:

“There are other factors in this country that make for quite a lot of inequality, so let’s talk about the healthcare system, let’s talk about incarceration policies and let’s talk about the big split between very, very rich people and everybody else,” she said, speaking at Equality Now’s Make Equality Reality Gala in Los Angeles on Monday.

“So the dangers in this country have to do with not just gender inequality but also class and race and wealth. So you cannot go on indefinitely having lawmakers write and enact laws that make them richer.

“You just can’t go on with this forever, you’re going to get the French Revolution if you go on with that too long.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 66091.html

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:57 pm

Press punches ”fake news” screamer Trump in the face:
This too, thanks to Trump:
(CNN)Time magazine has chosen "The Guardians," a group of journalists who have been targeted for their work, as Person of the Year.

A series of four black-and-white covers highlights what the magazine calls "the War on Truth."

The group includes Jamal Khashoggi, the Washington Post contributor who was killed at the Saudi Arabian consulate in Istanbul in October. This is the first time that a Person of the Year is a deceased person.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:10 pm

DRSB wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:28 am
Margaret Atwood warned that the U.S. will face a French Revolution-type event if the political system is not changed.

The United States will face its own “French Revolution” without significant changes to the current political system, author Margaret Atwood said last week.

The 79-year-old writer of the dystopian novel The Handmaid’s Tale pointed to numerous factors contributing to inequality in the U.S., warning that left unchecked, such inequality would lead to an event similar to the revolution in 18th century France that saw the ousting of the ruling class.

Via The Independent:

“There are other factors in this country that make for quite a lot of inequality, so let’s talk about the healthcare system, let’s talk about incarceration policies and let’s talk about the big split between very, very rich people and everybody else,” she said, speaking at Equality Now’s Make Equality Reality Gala in Los Angeles on Monday.

“So the dangers in this country have to do with not just gender inequality but also class and race and wealth. So you cannot go on indefinitely having lawmakers write and enact laws that make them richer.

“You just can’t go on with this forever, you’re going to get the French Revolution if you go on with that too long.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 66091.html
I doubt Ms Atwood is right. Not in a country where her works are too popular and that actually elected the likes of Frump to the white house... the counter revolutionary folk are too many and better armed than those who would revolt.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:35 pm

That's spot-on Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:40 pm

Thanks, 2 people on another forum dubbed me 'honorary American', I try to live up to their high standards... which implies understanding what being an American means.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:50 pm

I think Ms. Atwood has slightly exaggerated the situation.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:20 pm

I don't think Mrs Atwood is advocating for violence, on the contrary, and I hope we don't see any more violence or vandalism anywhere!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Possibly, or not, Frump getting where he is shows that Merkin society has grown dangerously dysfunctional... fortunately, the regressive, overarmed side is currently ascendant, which yet prevents large scale violence, let's wait and see.