WTF is going in in France Svarty?

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Re: WTF is going in in France Svarty?

Post by Svartalf » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:40 pm

most definitely, then again, the water is just the sudsing agent for the soap, ... bathing or showering without soap is not efficient
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:43 pm

In Oz, tough men don't have showers. We just get sand blasted... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:44 pm

Jason wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:32 pm
I believe it's the soap that steals away natural oils from the skin, not so much the water.
Yes, the soap does tend to remove the sweat and other gunk that gets on the skin. However, again, I have never had any deleterious effect, and I use soap.

Let me ask you this, do you just let your whole body go unwashed daily? I mean, do you wash your face every day? Ass crack? Pits?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:45 pm

JimC wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:43 pm
In Oz, tough men don't have showers. We just get sand blasted... :tea:
You get sand blasted, and then you sip tea? How manly. :awesome:
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:47 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:44 pm
Jason wrote:
I believe it's the soap that steals away natural oils from the skin, not so much the water.
Yes, the soap does tend to remove the sweat and other gunk that gets on the skin. However, again, I have never had any deleterious effect, and I use soap.

Let me ask you this, do you just let your whole body go unwashed daily? I mean, do you wash your face every day? Ass crack? Pits?
I shower once a day in the morning. With soap. I also wash my pits and ass crack. :pardon:

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:47 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:40 pm
most definitely, then again, the water is just the sudsing agent for the soap, ... bathing or showering without soap is not efficient
Well, the Urban Dictionary has a listing for "French Shower," lol.

A more common term in the northeastern US is the "Puerto Rican Shower."

Ah, now that's some good old-fashioned racism....

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:48 pm

Jason wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:47 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:44 pm
Jason wrote:

I shower once a day in the morning. With soap. I also wash my pits and ass crack. :pardon:
Have you noticed your skin dehydrating from the poisonous humors in the water?

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:51 pm

Actually, yes - though from the soap as I said. But it beats being a smelly hillbilly.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Jason wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:51 pm
Actually, yes - though from the soap as I said. But it beats being a smelly hillbilly.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:01 pm

Yep, the whole thing. It's impossible during summer here, but the rest of the year, sure, why not?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:04 pm

I wonder, though. If someone washes their face every day, but does not shower, do they notice a difference between the dryness of their face skin and their body skin? I mean, hopefully everyone at least washes their face, pits and ass every day. Although, anytime I'm standing in a crowd or a line, I am made aware of some people's lack of showering... it's noticed, people! You may think you can go two or three days without a shower, but that's only because people tend not to notice their own stink.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:04 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:01 pm
Yep, the whole thing. It's impossible during summer here, but the rest of the year, sure, why not?
interesting, I shower a lot more in summer than during most of the year... then again, when it's a way to remain cooled and hydrated as you must when it's sweltering, it's worth the extra water bill.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:05 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:05 pm
Sean Hayden wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:48 pm
Do you take a shower sat/sun without fail? I must admit that as a student I don't even take one every day m-f. I demand to be made an honorary Frenchman.
how welle can you ribbit?
I bet as well as any Frenchman. But I remembered I'm not crazy about wine, and that is potentially embarrassing for someone going around calling himself an honorary Frenchman.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:07 pm

Well, You know, I go calling myself an honorary American, and I'm not such a big bourbon fan as all that... and please don't quiz me about armored leather egg or base ball...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:09 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:01 pm
Well, generally people wash their faces. I thought that was a common thing. People wash their hands after each use of the toilet, so that's several times a day, and I thought everyone washed their face when they woke up in the morning. Hmmmm... and the ass crack - you just take a dump, wipe with paper, and then go days before you wash it?

The why not is that daily life involves a lot of general stuff getting on us. Our hands are dirty just by touching all the stuff we touch. Asses are used for shitting ,and there is no way that dry toilet paper is leaving the ass clean. And, pits tend to sweat throughout the day. People always perspire, and it's not just from vigorous activity. It's constant. It's just more noticeable when one raises one's body temperature through exercise. Skin cells constantly die and flake off, and the air contains particulate which sticks on us. Climbing into bed every day with a day's worth of stuff means that gets into your bed.