"Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Joe

Re: "Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by Joe » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:18 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:22 pm
The UK courts, silencing conservative voices. :x

'Teenager who made far-right hate videos is jailed for 11 and a half years'
A British teenager whose far-right extremist videos influenced the gunman in an American mass shooting has been sentenced to 11 and a half years’ detention.

Daniel Harris, 19, from Derbyshire, posted videos which were shared by Payton Gendron, who has admitted a supermarket shooting in Buffalo, New York, and linked to Anderson Lee Aldrich, the only suspect in a shooting at a gay bar in Colorado, Manchester Crown Court heard.

Sentencing Harris on Friday, Judge Patrick Field KC said: “What they did was truly appalling but what they did was no more than you intended to encourage others to do when publishing this material online.”

Referring to Gendron, 19, who has pleaded guilty to murder and hate-motivated terrorism charges, the judge said: “This indicates that at the very least the material you produced and published has had some influence upon the young man, and I note he was a similar age to you, who went out and shot 10 black people dead in a store in Buffalo.”
You were a propagandist for an extremist right-wing ideology. You were in close touch with other right-wing extremists online and there can be little doubt that you shared ideas between you
He said he had “no hesitation” in coming to the conclusion that Harris was “highly dangerous” and passed an extended sentence, with a licence period of three years on top of the custodial sentence.
Cancel culture at it's best. :tut:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:32 pm

But what about freedom of speech? We all know how the aphorism goes: First they came for the Nazis, but I was not a Nazi so I did not object. Then they came for the fascists, and the white supremacists and the racists, and the misogynists, the gay-basheres, and the TERFs, but I was none of these and so I did not object. Then things seemed to get an awful lot better and I stopped worrying about it.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:54 pm

Woke corporations oppressing and persecuting the brave supporters of Western Civilisation. ;ob;

'The Real Reason Nick Fuentes Was Put on the No Fly List'
White nationalist Nick Fuentes claimed in 2021 that he was put on the TSA’s No Fly List as a victim of “overt political persecution.” Around the same time, he bragged that the federal government froze one of his bank accounts containing a sum in the “six figures” range.

But the 24-year-old Holocaust denier’s version of events doesn’t hold up to much scrutiny.

Documents obtained by The Daily Beast show Fuentes—one of the key figures in the buildup to the Capitol riot—misled his supporters over why he was banned from flying on commercial airlines, as well as why he received a letter from the Department of Justice notifying him that his assets were seized, and subsequently unfrozen, “on the ground that they contained proceeds of money laundering, wire fraud, and threat violations.”

The real story of how Fuentes ended up on the No Fly List wasn’t because of his far-right and antisemitic beliefs, nor his refusal to comply with any masking rules at the time. Instead, the podcaster who dined with Donald Trump and Kanye West at Mar-a-Lago just before Thanksgiving last year stepped on a rake when he sued the TSA; America’s most loathed security agency had the receipts.

In court documents, first mentioned by the left-wing news site The Grayzone, the TSA reported they banned Fuentes from flying because he posed a safety risk to crew members and threatened to strangle flight attendants.

Among the evidence submitted to the court was a clip from Fuentes’ own podcast where he laid out a very specific scenario involving a flight attendant who asked him to put his mask on. The incident went far beyond any normal venting about the modern American commercial flight experience.

“Let me tell you: I’m gonna land, and then I’m gonna get in the airport parking lot, and I’m gonna wait for you, and then I’m gonna put a mask over your face, your mouth and nose,” Fuentes recounted on his show two days before the Jan. 6 insurrection.

“You still need to be wearing the mask even if you can’t breathe,” Fuentes continued, making a strangling gesture on-camera before adding a quick “kidding!”

Threatening a flight attendant is a felony and can carry a sentence of up to 20 years in prison, part of Attorney General Merrick Garland’s Nov. 2021 “zero tolerance” order for prosecutors to shift from seeking fines to charging unruly passengers under federal law, though each offense still carries a $37,000 civil fine.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:03 pm

... But they are not taking it sitting down!

'Fully Unhinged "Dilbert" Guy Tells White People to "Get the Fuck Away" From Black People'
Pro-Trump cartoonist Scott Adams pulled the mask all the way off this week, declaring on his podcast that white people should “get the hell away from Black people” while labeling African-Americans as a “hate group.”

Adams, who has written the satirical office comic strip Dilbert for more than three decades, said during his Coffee with Scott Adams online video program that current polling proves that there is “no fixing” the current racial tension in America and that whites should live in largely segregated neighborhoods.

Citing a recent Rasmussen survey showing 53 percent of Black people agree with the phrase “It’s okay to be white,” which the Anti-Defamation League has deemed a hate slogan, Adams said on Wednesday that this was the “first political poll that ever changed my activities” while launching into an overtly racist rant.

“I’ve been identifying as Black for a while because I like to be on the winning team,” the right-wing culture warrior sarcastically noted. “And I like to help. I always thought if you help the Black community, that’s sort of the biggest lever, you could find the biggest benefit.”

He added: “But it turns out that nearly half of that team doesn’t think I’m okay to be white. Which is why I identified as Black so I could be on the winning team for a while.”

Turning back to the poll results, Adams said he’s now “going to re-identify as white” because he doesn’t “want to be a member of a hate group,” which he claimed he had “accidentally joined” with his trollish Black identification. “If nearly half of all Blacks are not okay with white people—according to this poll, not according to me, according to this poll—that’s a hate group,” Adams proclaimed.

From there, Adams urged white viewers to completely segregate themselves from Black Americans.
Astoundingly clever and extremely convincing. :teef:

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:39 pm

Right picking on colorado shooter as nonbinary.

"Colorado Springs Club Q 'nonbinary' shooting suspect ran neo-Nazi site, used gay slurs online, police testify
Judge to decide whether 'nonbinary' suspect Anderson Lee Aldrich to stand trial on 305 counts, including bias-motivated crimes"
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:07 pm

Wait, Dilbert's dad is a trumpanzee? I always thought he was a left winger...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:49 pm

He has been libertarian for some 20 years. The government is spying on you!

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:34 pm

It's a shame. Got rid of my Dilbert albums. I never identified with the engineer, but Wally was always my passive aggressive role model.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:37 pm

B5425665-7C06-40BE-8718-132F40470CC8.jpeg

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:22 pm

'Dilbert' is getting cancelled from a number of newspapers and distribution agencies. Adams is splitting hairs to back away, but it doesn't seem to actually be working. To avoid black people he says he moved to a place he says has very few. But he doesn't mean all black people, or something.

[source]

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:26 pm

Man, the guy's bad faith is nothing less than egregious, and he killed himself the golden goose
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:17 pm

Sometime back he entered the zero sum zone. Anything for black people is away from me.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:12 pm

The logic here is too high-level for me, I think. Maybe our 'leftie' member from the North could parse it.

'"Dilbert" Author Invokes Mike Pence to Explain Racist Rant'
Embattled Dilbert creator Scott Adams responded to allegations of racism on Saturday by arguing that racism is fine in some situations.

Newspapers including Cleveland’s Plain Dealer announced this week that they would stop running Dilbert cartoons after Adams went on a “racist rant” in which he encouraged white people to stay away from Black people, whom he described as a “hate group.”

In a follow-up video on Saturday, Adams attempted to clarify his comments, likening them to former Vice President Mike Pence’s policy of avoiding one-on-one interactions with women, out of fear of what Adams described as “getting me-too’d when maybe you didn’t me-too anybody.”

Adams addressed the controversy on Saturday during which he bemoaned his “cancellation” and attempted to explain “what I did, which was the opposite of racism, but also racism.”

“Who disagrees with the idea that you should stay away from pockets of people where the odds are, they’re not going to like you?” Adams said. “Again, it’s nothing to do with any individual, and no discrimination involved here. I’m just saying: as a personal, career decision, you should absolutely be racist whenever it’s to your advantage and that’s for men, for women, for Black or white, Asian or Hispanic. Every one of you should be open to making a racist career decision.”

A “racist career decision” by a Black person, he argued, might involve taking a role at a Fortune 500 company, where he claimed that affirmative action gives Black workers an advantage. (This is measurably false. Just over one percent of Fortune 500 companies had a Black CEO in 2022, which was still the highest-ever percentage of Black Fortune 500 CEOs. A 2021 census of Fortune 500 companies found that minorities of any race accounted for just 17.5 percent of Fortune 500 company board seats.)

Angling for one such role “would require this hypothetical Black person to make a racist decision, which I would totally back,” Adams said. “If you’re making decisions for your own personal life, you can be as racist as you want. That’s not illegal and it’s definitely not unethical.”

He went on to criticize efforts to include more women and racial minorities in the workplace as having an “expense” for those people.

“The expense is, you can have what you want, but I don’t want to be near you,” he said. “Do you remember the ‘Pence rule?’ The Pence Rule was he wouldn’t go to lunch or dinner with a woman who is not his wife. Now, do you think that Pence does not like women? Would that be a reasonable conclusion? [...] Is that an anti-women thing? By the way, that’s totally right. Here’s how I interpret it. It has nothing to do with anything to do with any individual woman. [Mike Pence is not saying] ‘this jezebel wants to go to lunch with me.’ He’s not saying that. He’s just playing the odds. He’s just playing a statistical game.”

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:42 pm

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:33 pm

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT