"Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: "Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:34 am

When people deny the holocaust they don't apply rational justifications and I see no reason to pay their arguments any heed, let alone debate the flaws or fallacies they contain. They're just racist, ablists, homophobic, transphobic bigots, and usually all of that in one, and I treat them and their ideas accordingly. There's literally nothing to be gained by trying to debate rationally with a racist - you're aren't going to change their mind because they're just not interested in what's true but in being right and belonging to the club.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:34 am

well, it might be a good idea to refit Treblinka or Bergen Belsen, round up all those morons, and send them on a one way trip east.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:54 am

You dont have to refit them Svarty. Just going to those sites is enough. The old railway track is more impressive than a rebuilt camp. There was a plan to rebuild Westerbork transit camp but it only got as far as this:

But was thought in bad taste and they stopped. It has not been maintained and just adds to the desolation of the place.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:25 am

I don't intend to convince them by showing them what's left. I said refit, and I said one way trip.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:39 pm

I've previously posted about this raving asshat in the 'Republicans' thread. However, there's no question that there is an intertwining of the alt-right and the political party that has become almost entirely the willing tool of Trump.

'Secret chats involving Republican lawmaker reveal fresh evidence of plots and paranoia'
Leaked Signal messages from an online chat network around six-term Washington state Republican representative Matt Shea show new evidence of violent fantasies, surveillance of perceived adversaries, conspiracy thinking, Islamophobia, and support for white nationalists.

The messages from the chat group, exchanged between October 2017 and October 2018, show Shea’s network includes other serving, former and aspiring rightwing politicians from Idaho and Washington, alongside activists associated with militia groups, anti-environmental causes, and pro-gun activism.

They also show participants, including Shea, preparing for economic and societal collapse even as they campaign for the secession of eastern Washington from the remainder of the state.

The messages provide a rare insight into the inner workings – and paranoia – of the so-called patriot movement, whose members have participated in standoffs with the federal government in Nevada and Oregon, and whose far-right beliefs have been controversially promoted by Shea.

Lindsay Schubiner, a program director at the progressive Western States Center, said of the chats: “The chat messages reveal Shea acting more like a militia leader than an elected official. His conspiratorial and violent mindset are on full display. If it was not already clear, Shea has demonstrated that he is unfit for public office. Now it’s time for his colleagues in the Washington house of representatives to hold him accountable.”

Participants frequently expressed a belief civil war was coming.

In particular, they were exercised by false rumors of an “antifa insurrection” on 4 November 2017, which circulated widely in far right and conservative media throughout the previous month.

During that month, the chat also circulated false news, unattributed memes and fabricated intelligence about the supposedly impending insurrection.

Leftists are equally feared and despised in the chats. In June 2018, the chat responded to news of the occupation of an Ice facility in Portland with more fantasies of violence and vigilantism.

Bosworth said of potential police violence at the facility: “I don’t agree with federal agents clubbing them. I think they should let the people club the commies.”

Robertson responded: “Agreed! Commies should get the baby seal treatment from the citizens.”

Bosworth later added: “The American people need to stomp communism into the dust. They need to be hunted down and destroyed. It’s not the government’s job to do it. It is ours, the rightful heirs to liberty fought and won by our founders.”
Just to note that Louie Gohmert has been yapping about 'civil war' on the floor of the US House of Representatives.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:10 pm

Rump's wiling tool eh? :whistle:

This is what you get when you inculcate sustained levels of Cortisol. These people have probably been stressed since they were children, and now they generate even more stress just to feel 'normal'..
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:31 am

Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:02 pm

An update on the online migrations of 8chan.

'Where 8channers Went After 8chan'
8chan went offline in August after the mass shooting at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas. An hour before the alleged shooter killed 22 people, he apparently posted a racist, anti-immigrant screed on 8chan and wrote, “Do your part and spread this brothers!” It was the third instance this year that a shooter had posted a manifesto to 8chan, but this time, the anonymous image board—a haven for conspiracy theories and bigotry—faced blowback from its service providers, including Cloudflare, which the site used for security, and Tucows, its domain host. Both dropped 8chan—which is owned by Americans but is based in the Philippines—as a client.

On Nov. 2, 8chan came back online with a new name and new service providers. It’s called 8kun, and it’s run by the same owner, Jim Watkins. But while the users who made 8chan what it was were certainly hampered by the site’s deplatforming, they didn’t disappear when the site went down. They found other ways to congregate.

8chan and the new 8kun look identical, but they’re not. 8kun is currently only reliably accessible on the dark web, meaning that to reach it you need software like Tor, which allows users to browse the web anonymously and reach unindexed websites. It’s not hard to download the Tor browser, but it’s still an extra step that makes 8kun harder to find and likely to have fewer visitors than its predecessor, which had millions of users.

If you were a dedicated and hateful-enough user of online forums to find your way to a place like 8chan’s /pol/ board, you could handle being kicked off a platform and find your old friends. Many of 8chan users flocked to Discord, the chat app for gamers that’s also become a popular tool for hate groups to organize, chat, and indoctrinate new followers. They shared links and invited interlocutors to join other groups across the internet, including on Telegram, the encrypted messaging app that also has public social pages and where a thriving community of thousands of 8chan and 4chan /pol/ members now connect to exchange racist, sexist, anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, and anti-Semitic content throughout the day. One 4chan /pol/ board on Telegram has more than 5,000 members. “WhiteIsRight,” another Telegram channel popular among displaced 8chaners, has more than 6,300 members. “With the communities that develop in an anonymous message board, they’re using Facebook, they’re using Twitter, they’re using everything else,” said Brian Friedberg, a senior researcher at the Shorenstein Center at Harvard University who studies hate and disinformation online. Some 8chan /pol/ members also migrated to new online boards and forums that fit more specifically with their ideological leanings, like NeinChan, which attracts a particularly anti-Semitic crowd, according to Friedberg. There’s also JulayWorld, which has a small fascist board that has attracted some former 8channers. Before going offline, 8chan also hosted what disinformation researchers like Friedberg sometimes call “dark libraries,” archives of PDFs and videos about Nazism and racist pseudoscience that are used to convert curious new entrants into ideologies of hate. Those libraries have since moved to Telegram, where there are many channels that appear to have been created for the purpose of hosting this material.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:44 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:31 am
Somebody should ask his wife if it was worth the wait. :tea:

Frank Zappa

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:12 pm

:lol:

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:20 pm

Laura Loomer, whose attempts at journalism are almost entirely comprised of promoting one right wing conspiracy theory or another, has had her court case against CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations) thrown out by the judge.

'Laura Loomer’s "Nonsensical" Lawsuit Killed by Judge'
Far-right conspiracy theorist Laura Loomer lost a lawsuit against a Muslim-rights organization this week after a judge ruled that her entire case was “to put it mildly, nonsensical.”

Loomer was a prominent anti-Muslim internet personality until she was banned from most major social media platforms beginning last year. Since then, she has launched a congressional bid, which she acknowledged in a campaign email was at least partially a ploy to have her social media accounts restored. She also filed a lawsuit against the Council on American-Islamic Relations earlier this year, accusing the civil rights group of plotting to take down her Twitter account.

Many of her claims in that lawsuit originated from a prank by leftist Twitter users who quickly confessed to the stunt. That didn’t stop Loomer from pursuing the lawsuit to its doomed end on Wednesday.

Twitter banned Loomer in November 2018, after years of anti-Muslim posts. (She is also banned from Uber, Lyft, Venmo, GoFundMe, PayPal, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms for similar infractions.) But Loomer, who has promoted a number of conspiracy theories (she made her first headlines attempting to accuse her university of supporting ISIS) soon latched onto an elaborate explanation for her ban.

Although Bernard and Gillen came clean about the stunt in January, Loomer continued to press the conspiracy theory in court. In April, she filed suit against CAIR, accusing it of “tortious interference with an advantageous business relationship” between herself and Twitter.

That argument had a fatal flaw: Loomer had no business relationship with Twitter, a judge ruled on Wednesday.

“[E]ven accepting as true Plaintiffs’ proposition that Defendant reported Loomer’s account and convinced Twitter to ban Loomer, doing so does not create a cause of action for tortious interference with a business relationship,” the judge wrote in a dismissal. “Plaintiffs’ suggestion that the mere reporting of a Twitter user—however insistent such reporting may be—is sufficient to constitute tortious interference in a business relationship between Twitter and the targeted user is, to put it mildly, nonsensical.”

In other words, tweeting isn’t a job, and getting banned isn’t the same as getting fired.

If Loomer wants to find the culprit behind her ban, she can look in the mirror, CAIR said after the Wednesday dismissal.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:06 am

"Alt-right" women are upset that "alt-right" men are treating them terribly

https://www.salon.com/2017/12/04/alt-ri ... -terribly/

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:23 am

"low status trolls" :lol:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:45 am

Laura Loomer. Laura Looney more like!

Ha! I made a funny. :biggrin:

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:43 am

Emily G, who has (since being pepper-sprayed by Cantwell, the Crying Nazi) tracked and publicised various alt right personalities and eructations, is warning about a plan by some of the most infamous militia groups to come and protest gun bills in Virginia next month. Of course they'll be armed. In the tweet linked below, there is a link to a thread about the efforts of militia noisemakers to excite their followers and gin up a confrontation.
I’m not letting up on the Matt Shea domestic terror situation, because it is directly relevant to something about to happen in Virginia, next month, on January 20.

-- Emily G 11:51 AM - 20 Dec 2019