"Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

macdoc
Twitcher

Re: "Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by macdoc » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:39 am

GOP gubernatorial candidate draws laughter from crowd after mocking Paul Pelosi's attack
:nono: knows no shame ...
https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics ... om-vpx.cnn
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:12 pm

so when are they dropping the GOP tag to officially become the MAGA party?
because if one prominent party is making that kind of personal attacks on major personalities of their main opposing party, then America sure no longer is great, if it ever was.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:21 pm

Our leaking Home Secretary has used Trumpian language to justify severely limiting the means of legal entry for asylum applicants, for serially ignoring legal advice on the housing of refugees and asylum seekers and for housing applicants in lice, scabies, and diphtheria infested tented camps carrying double their official capacity, and for an average asylum claim taking 460 days to process.

"The British people deserve to know which party is serious about stopping the invasion on our southern coast and which party is not. 40,000 people have arrived on our Southern coast this year alone. Many of them facilitated by criminal gangs. Some of them actual members of criminal gangs. Let's stop pretending they're all refugees in distress. The whole country knows this is not true. ... We need to be straight with the public. The system is broken. Illegal migration is out of control, and too many people are more interested in playing political parlour games and covering up the truth than solving the problem."

Last year the UK granted 86% of asylum claims, and of the remainder that went to appeal 96% of cases were upheld.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:40 pm

They are invading though. On boats like Vikings. And when they get here they are up to no good. Even if they started out with a valid sob story they soon pick up bad manners from the natives already taking up too much space on a overcrowded island half the size of France.
WeAreAStableCountry

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:43 pm

Never let reality get in the way of a comforting story, eh Crumps?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:07 pm

I'm neither left nor right. A poorer version of Elon Musk. On the whole these people shouldn't be here, and neither should most of the people who are here. I'd send you all back if I knew where you came from. The island is already chocca with people. And most of them are 'consumers' rather than doing anything valid...would only be missed by NETFLIX...and then only because of the viewing figures.
WeAreAStableCountry

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:51 am

The island is 96% uninhabited by land mass. We're all the decedents of immigrants here. Blaming the failings of our economic system on 'consumers' is like blaming moonbeams for your bunions: it may justify your uncomfortable frustration but doesn't really address the cause - it amounts to a kind of denialism really. Denialism is strong in those with a conservative mindset. If only things could go back to that time when I didn't think it was all too complicated to cope with, eh?

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:39 am

It's amusing if your sense of humor is morbid enough. Daughter of migrants rants about migrants. I speculate that you would find her proudly extolling the virtues of Empire while ruefully acknowledging some of its transgressions.

The unrest from which many of these people are fleeing can to a some extent be historically traced directly back to the doorstep they are now attempting to cross. Of course the Empire was not responsible for the centuries-long intermittent donnybrook that characterizes certain regions. However, it can be argued that it did not acquit itself well as the relatively recent co-owner (along with other European colonial powers).

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:07 am

Perhaps land reform would solve the issues. Don't see that happening. I will help you build your cabin by the lake if it does. Easier to allow the social sink and famine/war/plague do the business of thinning out the population. Why more want to pile into this cesspit of a island? Must have been reading the wrong brochures on departure.
WeAreAStableCountry

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:12 am

The logic of Malthus was flawed in his day, and debunked a generation later. Yet it still resonates in the conservative mind: the 'problem' is too many people, particularly poor people, and especially poor brown and black people.

Evidence shows that things like greater income equality, improved access to health services, adequate social safety nets (including social housing), access to quality education (particularly for girls), giving women control over their reproductive health, etc, all contribute to reducing the birth rate - as well as producing a more tolerant, inclusive, less violent and happier society. However, an economic paradigm rooted in perpetual growth requires greater and increasing levels of consumption. Therefore those who measure personal and social success, value, and security by growth in their asset wealth have a vested interest in maintaining a less equal, less healthy, less well educated, less inclusive, less tolerant, and thus more demoralising (in both senses) system.

To deny this reality in favour of learned cynical fatalism, one that assumes our current human-made economic and social systems are the natural norm: not just the way things are, but they way they always have been and always will be, is an acquiesce to the imperatives of Power.

:marx:

Frank Zappa

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:20 am

In many things we are coming to the maximum possible use of land. We extract everything and farm the rest. The future is much more Malthusian than the past. Also, the bacteria are going to be running the place after we use up every class of antibiotic and they evolve to resist.

Dave Barry imagined a world millions of years from now where in Israel the Israeli and Palestinian microbes are still fighting.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:25 am

Not just power, but Power!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:31 pm

I for one welcome our new bacterial overlords :tea:

Frank Zappa

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:59 am

Pelosi attacker was a Canadian
https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/03/politics ... index.html
It's not easy being a trumpster in Canada
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:46 pm

Insects are dying out. Humans not very different. Mostly.
WeAreAStableCountry