"Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: "Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:11 am

Cunt wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:56 am
Why didn't you answer my response then?

I asked...
Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:51 pm
So you are saying that blacks started the slave trade, by selling other blacks?
Yet again you resort to dishonesty. I did answer:
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:39 pm
Assuming you've read my post, unless you're a thoroughgoing stooge you know that is not what I'm saying.
According to what I have read sub-Saharan Africans did not 'start the slave trade' and I did not say nor imply that they did. There was local enslavement by Africans of other Africans taken in war, but the slave trade as such began with the Arab Islamic empire. Europeans got involved later, originally almost entirely the Portuguese.
Cunt wrote:
See, Stephen might be an idiot (I don't very often agree with him) but what he points out here is what I underscored.

Black or white, slaveowners are fuckers. Black or white, wonderful people are wonderful.
Molyneux's point is nothing but bullshit. He isn't just saying 'both are bad,' he's using a faulty analogy to imply that the Africans who took other Africans and sold them to slave traders were worse than the slave traders themselves.
Cunt wrote:
Africans did take other Africans and sell them into the slave trade, but the analogy presented by Molyneux ignores the fact that both the sellers and the buyers who engaged in the African slave trade were benefitting from the brutal exploitation of human beings as chattel.

There is no basis for his implicit claim that Africans who sold slaves were 'worse' than the Europeans and Americans who bought them. The analogy is a failure on multiple levels and presents an excellent example of the alt-right's rotten underpinning, lacking both logic and sound factual basis.
See, I didn't know if you were disagreeing that blacks were slavetraders, or disagreeing that they started it (I don't know who 'started' it, I would expect everyone invented it independently)
So you 'didn't know' eh? When I wrote that 'Africans did take other Africans and sell them into the slave trade' and 'There is no basis for his implicit claim that Africans who sold slaves were "worse" than the Europeans and Americans who bought them,' that wasn't clear enough for you?

I stated unequivocally that Africans sold fellow Africans into slavery, but it seems that somehow you failed to comprehend this simple fact. I also explicitly stated my disagreement with Molyneux's bullshit implied claim that those slaver Africans were somehow 'worse' than the Europeans and Americans who bought and sold slaves. Were both of those simple ideas beyond your level of understanding?

As I said, if you wish me to discuss things with you as if you were a simpleton just say so, and I'll try my best to dumb things down for you.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:16 am

JimC wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:44 am
In the US (and other places), blacks were not only bought by white men as slaves, they were trans-shipped by whites in conditions which killed many. Their sons and daughters became slaves as well, subject to constant ill-treatment. The source of the original slaves (often Arab slave traders, as well as certain black tribes) is utterly irrelevant to the clear, unambiguous facts of slavery in the US. No amount of pathetic, twisted hand-waving by white supremacist morons can alter one jot or tittle of that. Cunt, your reflex support of anyone on the right gains you some very nasty bed-fellows...
I didn't see where I supported anyone on the right, I think I said I didn't know the history of slavery, actually.

I know that every culture I've read about had slavery. I don't know when it stopped wherever it has stopped.

I'm led to expect it is still going on, actually. It's a confusing issue, but I certainly don't deny any real history. You must be very naive to think that I could. Your reflexive assumptions about me reveal a lot about you. :tea:
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:04 am

Cunt wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:08 am
I still don't know whether lemmy was agreeing that it was the sellers to blame over the buyers, or if his disagreement was about skin colour...
Then you should read the post through a few more times. It's actually quite clear on the matter.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:05 am

Personally, I think slavers are sub-human trash. Some only think white slavers are trash.

I'm being pretty clear that I think all slavers are trash. So far, I think lemmy only seemsto have an opinion on american slavers from a certain time-frame.

Which allowed 200 proof idiot like Stephan M to troll him into showing a preference for hating certain special slavers.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:09 am

Cunt wrote:
I asked...

Why didn't you answer my response then?
Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:51 pm
L'Emmerdeur replied:
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:39 pm
Assuming you've read my post, unless you're a thoroughgoing stooge you know that is not what I'm saying.
Not clear enough, or are you just pretending you can't work out the meaning of "that is not what I'm saying" bit?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:56 pm

It's obvious Cunt just wants to say the same thing as the asshole lem quoted, but without being considered an asshole. So he's constructed a strawman of lem's position he can rail against while being able talk about those nasty black slavers, "now, if you were really good like me you'd hate both". :lol:

He's an asshole.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:09 pm

Lem can answer himself.

I am opposed to all slavers. Colour doesn't mitigate, or aggravate my disgust.

If you want to guess at my other thoughts on it, you can. Or you could ask me.

Lem can clarify their position if they care to, but I still don't know if he thinks that being white is somehow an aggravating factor.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:18 pm

Yes, we know. You saw an opportunity to bang your drum, and lem just got in the way. Carry on Jesus, save the world.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:20 pm

What exactly are you taking issue with? Did I say something that makes you uncomfortable? There is no drum here, just trying to treat people as individuals, rather than by their group identity.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:25 pm

I'm taking issue with you Cunt. You, personally. I think you're full of shit.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:24 pm

I think you are just pissed because I've got the wrong racial identity.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:42 pm

I'm pissed because you're full of shit. I'm not sure I've met a more dishonest person.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:50 pm

"It's obvious Cunt just wants to say the same thing as the asshole lem quoted"
:smoke:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:01 pm

"but without being considered an asshole"
You are really getting 'woke', L'Emmerdeur! Next you will be judging people by the content of their character, rather than the colour of their skin!
He got it in and gets to pretend his only concern is for helping people see past their racism. The problem is that lem never said anything remotely related to judging people by the color of their skin.

While it's tempting to see something like this and call you a troll Cunt, it's possible that you're not aware of what you're doing. Do you see how you're being shitty?

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:49 pm

Cunt wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:05 am
Personally, I think slavers are sub-human trash. Some only think white slavers are trash.

I'm being pretty clear that I think all slavers are trash. So far, I think lemmy only seemsto have an opinion on american slavers from a certain time-frame.
You've invented an opinion for me that I have not expressed.
Cunt wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:05 am
Which allowed 200 proof idiot like Stephan M to troll him into showing a preference for hating certain special slavers.
Nah. I haven't shown a 'preference' and Molyneux isn't trolling me into anything except noting his failure.
Cunt wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:09 pm
I am opposed to all slavers. Colour doesn't mitigate, or aggravate my disgust.
I agree with this statement. On the other hand, Molyneux is clearly implying that the Africans who took slaves were 'worse' than the Europeans and Americans who engaged in the slave trade. I see his incompetent analogy and and implicit defense of European and American slave traders and slave owners as exemplifying the alt-right's general lack of ability to put together any coherent thought that extends much beyond 'white=good!' and 'let's gather to beat on those who oppose us!' I use this thread (just as I used its predecessor) partly as a place to present such examples.
Cunt wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:09 pm
Lem can clarify their position if they care to, but I still don't know if he thinks that being white is somehow an aggravating factor.
At no point have I even implied that 'being white is somehow an aggravating factor.' You're inventing subtext for your own entertainment, apparently.