"Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: "Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by JimC » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:59 pm

But after he does that, he'll be back... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:41 pm

Lies, it's all lies. Anyway, they're just joking. Nasty smear job by leftist site!!

'Leaked Emails Show How White Nationalists Have Infiltrated Conservative Media'
Conservative institutions in the Donald Trump era have often sought to portray themselves as shocked and appalled by the so-called “alt-right.” White nationalists have also engaged in their own efforts to differentiate themselves from the neoconservatives who dominated the GOP for decades. But neither narrative is true. The reality is that a host of supposedly veritable right-wing institutions have become a safe haven for the far-right.

Indeed, there is a burgeoning underground network of group chats, message boards, and email chains serving as the breeding ground for incubating white nationalist ideas, and as a forum to strategize around how to launder those ideas through mainstream conservative publications. And, judging from a large series of messages from one of those email groups obtained by Splinter, it’s working.

In August 2016, not long before the [Daily] Caller’s founder, Tucker Carlson, began parroting white supremacist and white nationalist talking points on Fox News, Bennett explained to the “Morning Hate” group how he fit white nationalist themes into his work. He had managed to spin a Daily Caller article about Donald Trump Jr. retweeting anti-Semitic pseudo-intellectual and “alt-right” favorite Kevin MacDonald into positive coverage for the cause. MacDonald, a professor emeritus at California State University, Long Beach, is widely known in white nationalist circles for providing an “intellectual” basis to anti-Semitic thought. He asserts that Jews have a “group evolutionary strategy” that allows them to outcompete non-Jews, which, in turn, accounts for their supposed financial dominance over Aryans. This, according to the SPLC, allows anti-Semites to spin their hatred of Jews into a rational fear. The white nationalists chanting “Jews will not replace us!” that descended on Charlottesville in 2017 for Unite the Right were, in other words, merely defending themselves.

The Caller piece acknowledges that MacDonald has been accused of anti-Semitism, but also says that he “has written more than 100 scholarly articles and seven books,” and “has been translated into Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Russian and many other languages.”

As Bennett explained to the “Morning Hate” crowd, spinning the narrative was easy. Upon hearing that an “an unfriendly outlet” was covering Trump Jr.’s recent bout of intellectual honesty, Bennett explained that he “figured the best strategy was to scoop them and spin the narrative on it.”

Bennett’s reporting, which portrayed the “alt-right” as nothing more than a band of digitally savvy jesters, was sometimes picked up elsewhere, including by James Taranto of The Wall Street Journal.

In November 2016, Bennett covered another one of the “alt-right’s” “charades”—this time, a racist “prank” coordinated by virulently antisemitic and racist site The Right Stuff meant to fool Politico into writing about a ploy to oppress the black vote by providing free beer and weed near polling stations. He extensively quoted Mike Enoch, the white nationalist behind the site, as Enoch lay out how he, along with the help of Andrew Anglin at the neo-Nazi blog The Daily Stormer, managed to fool Politico. (The racism of both sites went unmentioned in the blog.)

Bennett’s piece provided a platform for Enoch and his racist comrades to hammer away at some of their favorite nonsensical talking points. In addition to framing himself as a good-natured prankster, Enoch told Bennett that, when it came to threatening non-white voters, “‘[w]e don’t endorse or engage in any illegal activity whatsoever.’” Bennett proceeded to mock the idea that white supremacists, who have a long history of engaging in numerous acts of voter intimidation and violence against non-white voters that goes back to the Ku Klux Klan’s early days, would consider monitoring the polls.

Less than 10 months later, in August 2017, Enoch helped organize and participated in the deadly Charlottesville rally which resulted in the death of anti-fascist protester Heather Heyer.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:31 am

Yeah, but they're not Nazi's unless they have swastikas - otherwise they're just 'concerned citizens' whose views are being aired in the media on their merits alone, eh? LOL.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:12 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:18 pm
As I predicted right wing governments cant last as Italy as proven. Our little right wing party Forum for Democracy has also imploded. Just par for the course.
Never fear, the banker Nazis in power in France might manage to stay in power come 2022, unless they lose to the vanilla Nazis of the Le Pen clan.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:46 am

The dreadful effect of losing your platform.

'Milo Yiannopoulos Says He's Broke'
Silicon Valley appears to have blown up Milo Yiannopoulos’s business model.

The disgraced right-wing troll is complaining that the major social media companies have effectively cut off his alt-right audience — and crushed his ability to make a decent living.

The former Breitbart tech writer shared the complaints on Telegram, a messaging app where some alt-right allies have set up shop after getting the boot by larger tech platforms. Yiannopoulos was banned from Twitter in 2016 for directing racist abuse at the comedian Leslie Jones, losing nearly 400,000 followers. He was banned from Facebook in May.

“I spent years growing and developing and investing in my fan base, and they just took it away in a flash,” wrote Yiannopoulos, who’s previously rubbed shoulders with neo-Nazis and white nationalists. “It’s nice to have a little private chat with my gold star homies but I can’t make a career out of a handful of people like that. I can’t put food on the table this way.”

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:34 am

There's always a book tour Milo. Go on, do us all a favour and take 18 months off to write a book about how unfair life is and how difficult it is being you. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:04 am

:lol: How embarrassing!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:09 am

so sad
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:24 pm

What did he think his right wing fanbois were going to do?

'PewDiePie Pulls $50,000 Jewish Anti-Hate Group Donation After Right-Wing Backlash'
YouTuber PewDiePie rescinded a $50,000 donation to the Anti-Defamation League on Thursday in an apparent move to appease a subset of far-right fans—complicating his continued efforts to rehabilitate his image after he had been tied to the alt-right.

Kjellberg said in the video announcing the decision, “I made the mistake of picking a charity that I was advised, instead of picking a charity I’m personally passionate about” as a way to “put an end to these alt-right claims that have been thrown against me.”

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:07 pm

That's identity politics for you. Identity politics co-opted as a revenue stream that is. It's what Uncle Jordan would do.

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:58 am

The US Department of Homeland Security has been taken over by leftists of the Deep State! Put Candace Owens in charge.

'Candace Owens to Congress: "White Supremacy and White Nationalism Are Not a Problem"'
Five months after far-right pundit Candace Owens told Congress that the rise in hate crimes is “fake” and the GOP’s Southern Strategy was “a myth,” Republicans once again invited her to testify before a subcommittee on combating white supremacy. This time around, the conservative provocateur straight-up dismissed the notion that white nationalism is a problem.

Early on in Friday’s hearing before the House Oversight Joint Subcommittee, Owens—who late last year said Adolf Hitler was “OK” before he tried to go global—downplayed the threat of white supremacy in the United States, calling it nothing more than a fringe issue. (Reminder: The El Paso mass shooting was less than two months ago.)
'Department of Homeland Security strategy adds white supremacy to list of threats'
For the first time since it was formed after the 9/11 attacks, the Department of Homeland Security is adding white supremacist violence to its list of priority threats in a revised counterterrorism strategy issued Friday.

"The continuing menace of racially based violent extremism, particularly white supremacist extremism, is an abhorrent affront to our nation, the struggle and unity of its diverse population, and the core values of both our society and our department," said Kevin McAleenan, the acting Homeland secretary, in a speech at the Brookings Institute in Washington.

DHS is stepping up its focus on what McAleenan called "targeted violence," in which an attacker selects the target in advance, driven by hate. Racism and anti-Semitism have fueled recent attacks on African-American churches, synagogues, and public places in California and Texas, he said.

The shooting at the Walmart in El Paso hit DHS particularly hard. Six of the victims were family members of DHS employees.

[Emphasis mine. -- L'E]

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:04 pm

Yeahbutt Antifa wear face masks and desecrate the humble American milkshake by turning it into a latter day Molotov cocktail substitute, therefore #FAKENEWS.

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:09 pm

Apparently Jordan Peterson is in rehab.

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:25 pm

A long read on how radicalisation develops in a spiralling pattern, with extremists of different ideologies (Islamists and far-right nationalists) providing impetus to each other, including a historical reference to this pattern seen in the Balkans. Also some analysis of how a nationalist blowhard like Trump contributes to the degeneration of society through his rhetoric and implicit encouragement of extremists.

'The Tit-for-Tat Dynamics of 21st Century Extremism'
The attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and the later rise of ISIS and its declared caliphate in 2014, fueled the overwhelming focus of the 21st century on military and law enforcement efforts to counter militant jihadist terrorism. Since a 2015 White House Summit, that reaction-driven and hard-security approach has been supplemented to a certain extent by enhanced efforts to prevent and counter the deeper drivers of that type of violent radicalization. Even more importantly, there are signs of a broader understanding of another form of extremism – that of the violent far-right or ultra-nationalist variety. As leaders and experts begin to grapple with this phenomenon, the experience of the Western Balkans can offer some pointers, including on one particularly pernicious angle – the tendency of one type of extremism to fuel another.

In the U.S. or European context, it can be easier to try to justify or rationalize [white supremacist] ideology. Exhortations by U.S. Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) bemoaning a dying civilization (read: white, Christian) in the United States, for example, can be viewed as quirky outliers, and framed as simple rhetoric. Yet it is difficult to imagine tolerance for similar words coming from a representative of the Islamic community in the United States. This perspective shift explains the virulent reactions to U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minnesota), who, regardless of one’s opinions of her statements, represents by her mere presence in Congress a threat to those opposed to greater diversity and pluralism in American social and political life.

The increasing occurrence of far-right and “jihad”-inspired violence illustrates an important yet often neglected dynamic: each can benefit from the existence and strengthening (perceived or real) of the other as proof of their own ideological tenets.

Early in Trump’s presidential campaign bid, Sarajevo-born and U.S.-based writer Aleksandar Hemon recognized the similarities between Trump and the violent Balkan ideologues who turned hate and related hate-inspired actions into political strategy and a recipe for sustained political control. (Kurt Bassuener, an expert on the Western Balkans and democracy development, has referred to Donald Trump as America’s first Balkan president.) For example, in a United States that has always had a high degree of respect for the media, Trump’s consistent labelling of reporting he does not like as “fake” is music to the ears of Balkan politicians – past and present — who have long utilized media as propaganda. In such an intentionally polarized socio-political environment, individual voters in the Balkans or the United States who come to incorporate their party affiliation into their own identity can be expected to continue voting against their own long-term interest, as identity politics becomes ever more firmly entrenched in yet another tit-for-tat downward spiral.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:28 pm

The U.S. military has warned service members about the potential for a mass shooter at screenings of the Warner Bros. film Joker, which has sparked wide concerns from, among others, the families of those killed during the 2012 mass shooting in Aurora, Colorado.

The U.S. Army confirmed on Tuesday that the warning was widely distributed after social media posts related to extremists classified as “incels,” were uncovered by intelligence officials at the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/u-s-military-is ... E8J5gPJqwI
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.