"Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Re: "Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by rainbow » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:45 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:07 am
Do forget the NSB and Mussert. Most of the "heroes" were imprisoned or shot after the end of the war. Plenty scores were settled. The stigma of having a family member in the NSB or SS remained until they were mostly dead.
Even in the late 60's when I came here the term "moffen vader or om" was still floated around as a very disparaging remark.
I wonder how the Brits would have reacted if they had been occupied. Their king before the war was a "good friend of herr Hitler" and was a frequent visitor in Berlin. Mosely was the exact copy of Mussert.
Excuses, excuses. Typical Right-wing tactic.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:11 pm

Hermit wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:53 am
JimC wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:07 pm
"There were good people on both sides in WW2"
Indeed.
Between 20,000 and 25,000 Dutchmen volunteered to serve in the Heer and the Waffen-SS. The most notable formations were the 4th SS Volunteer Panzergrenadier Brigade Nederland which saw action exclusively on the Eastern Front and the SS Volunteer Grenadier Brigade Landstorm Nederland which fought in Belgium and the Netherlands.

The Nederland brigade participated in fighting on the Eastern Front during the Battle of Narva, with several soldiers receiving the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross, Nazi Germany's highest award for bravery.
The very best of them all were the members of the 23rd SS Volunteer Panzergrenadier Division Nederland, which fought honourably and bravely. Despite heavy losses on the eastern front the division still consisted of 1000 Dutch heroes by the 10th of February 1945.
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Do forget the NSB and Mussert. Most of the "heroes" were imprisoned or shot after the end of the war. Plenty scores were settled. The stigma of having a family member in the NSB or SS remained until they were mostly dead.
Even in the late 60's when I came here the term "moffen vader or om" was still floated around as a very disparaging remark.
I wonder how the Brits would have reacted if they had been occupied. Their king before the war was a "good friend of herr Hitler" and was a frequent visitor in Berlin. Mosely was the exact copy of Mussert.
All true, to be sure. Leaving aside your wondering how the Brits would have reacted if they had been occupied, your recital of what happened after WWII is indeed excellent.

None of it detracts from the fact that the Dutch volunteers were among the good people on the other side. The best even, as I argue. The Finns, who also fought on Hitler's side, and they were better fighters than the Dutch. They seriously bloodied the militarily much more massive Soviet army's nose. But two factors made the Finns inferior to the Dutch.

One was that they insisted on remaining independent of the Wehrmacht. This resulted in reducing Hitler having to humble himself in June 1942 by visiting Carl Mannerheim, Commander-in-Chief of the Finnish Defence Forces, in order to beg the Finns not to negotiate a peace with the Russians. The Dutch volunteers, on the other hand, were fully integrated into the Wehrmacht. Consequently, they did as they were ordered.

The other was that the Finns refused to persecute the Jews. This made them less valuable in regard to Hitler's grand design. There was no such problem with the Dutch. Having been made a part of the Waffen-SS, they did what what the SS is best remembered for today.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:24 pm

rainbow wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:45 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Unsupported claims again.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:30 pm

All true, to be sure. Leaving aside your wondering how the Brits would have reacted if they had been occupied, your recital of what happened after WWII is indeed excellent.
Look the UK was fortunate not to be occupied but the "holier than thou" attitude just does not stand up. Their king was fascist as was most of the elite in the UK. Hatred of the Jews already existed. Hitler would have been welcomed with open arms. That fascism has never really gone away. Johnson is a typical example.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:44 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:30 pm
Hitler would have been welcomed with open arms.
In fact, he was. Well, the nation of shopkeepers tried, but something went wrong. Between Between 10 July and 31 October 1940 the British government sent one welcoming committee after another consisting of enthusiastic British people

and thousands more let off an unceasing series of celebratory fireworks in honour of his expected arrival.

Hitler's failure to turn up will just have to remain one of history's enduring mysteries. Maybe he misinterpreted all those friendly signals.

The Netherlands handed the keys of the country over to Herr Hitler in under four days after he knocked on the door.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:59 pm

Yeah and Britain won the war. Never mind the yanks, Poles, Dutch, Ozzies, Canadians, Indians and other Empire troops. Britain was fucked.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:50 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:59 pm
Yeah and Britain won the war. Never mind the yanks, Poles, Dutch, Ozzies, Canadians, Indians and other Empire troops. Britain was fucked.
:gp: :tup:

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:25 pm

:swoon:

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:13 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:24 pm
rainbow wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Exactly what a Fascist would say.
BArF−4

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:02 am

Unsupported chumocracy!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:43 am

Fairy corruption!

Oops. Ninjaed. :lay:

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:08 am

rainbow wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:13 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:46 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:08 am
rainbow wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:13 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Right wing thoughtless sloganeering.
Stupid
Ignorant
Malicious
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:03 pm

All unsupported claims. :lol:

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:18 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:03 pm
All unsupported claims. :lol:
Here is another.

You're a thicky twat, and your bum smells.
BArF−4