"Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: "Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:41 pm

A judge has upheld the emergency gun ban for the Capitol grounds in Virginia. Gun groups are appealing to the state Supreme Court.

'Judge upholds firearms ban for Virginia gun rally'
The plaintiffs argued the firearms ban violates the First and Second Amendments and that Northam didn't have the authority to impose it. According to The Associated Press, Judge Joi Taylor said in her ruling the governor has the authority under state law to take action related to the "safety and welfare" of the state. Taylor also cited rulings from the U.S. Supreme Court that the right to bear arms can be subject to limits.

But the AP reports that after Taylor upheld the ban, lawyers for the GOA and VCDL filed an emergency petition asking Virginia's Supreme Court to review the ruling and immediately issue an order prohibiting enforcement of the ban. It wasn't immediately clear when the court would hear the appeal.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:04 am

I'd be interested to know who's paying the gun nut's legal costs in all this.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:05 am

'Gun Owners of America Inc.' is a wannabe rival of the NRA that claims to represent over two million people. Its schtick is that the NRA isn't hard-line enough in its championing of gun ownership. With two million people's contributions, they can afford lawyers to pursue their agenda. Probably the local Virginia group is mostly a stalking horse, at least in regards to legal maneuvering.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:58 am

More arrests of members of 'The Base.' It sounds like they decided that the Canadian they'd been hiding wasn't going to work out. Apparently he was on the hit list along with an antifa couple.

'FBI arrests reveal shocking details in case against former Canadian reservist Patrik Mathews'
FBI officers have arrested more alleged members of a racially motivated and violent extremist group that a former Manitoba reservist has been accused of recruiting for — and court documents tell a chilling tale that includes plans to murder a married couple and overthrow the U.S. government.

In separate sweeps Friday, American law enforcement arrested three men in Georgia and another in Wisconsin.

The arrests came just one day after three alleged members of The Base were arrested in Delaware and Maryland — including 27-year-old Patrik Mathews. The Manitoba man had been missing for nearly five months, ever since he was accused of recruiting for a global neo-Nazi group, while at the same time serving in Canada's army reserves.

Mathews is believed to be connected to the group arrested in Georgia, based on an affidavit used to secure the arrest warrants, which was released by the Floyd County police.

Although the document suggests the group member believed to be Mathews stayed with a Georgia cell member for months, he is later reportedly characterized as "incompetent" and "stupid" and is seen as a liability to the local group. In fact, he eventually becomes a new potential murder target.
Last edited by L'Emmerdeur on Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:01 am

Well, them canucks ain't like regular white people...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:22 am

JimC wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:01 am
Well, them canucks ain't like regular white people...
:ninja:
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:16 pm

One of the very best people.

'Stephen Miller Shared Idea of Shipping Undocumented Immigrants out of the U.S. on Trains as Scare Tactic, Leaked Breitbart Emails Reveal'
White House senior policy adviser Stephen Miller railed against Republicans he saw as too weak on immigration and suggested Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) recipients would one day replace white Americans, leaked emails to Breitbart News between 2015 and 2016 show.

The Southern Poverty Law Center's "Hatewatch" section published its latest series of emails Tuesday which were leaked by an ex-Breitbart editor. The emails reveal Miller pitching white nationalist and vigilantly anti-immigrant ideas to the right-wing publication while he was a rising GOP aide to then-Senator Jeff Sessions and later a top Trump campaign policy adviser on immigration. Miller's latest leaked messages show he shared an article from far-right website WorldNetDaily with Phyllis Schlafly, who suggested the idea of shipping immigrants out of the U.S. on trains as a scare tactic and expressed fears that migrants might "replace existing demographics."

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:27 pm

America truly is the land of the free, where even a Jewish man can grow up to become a Nazi.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:24 pm

The court filings related to the arrest of members of The Base show that they didn't have a serious plan to kick off civil war at the Richmond gun rally. They were depending on gun nuts there to do it, and then they planned to join forces with other neo-Nazis in Virginia and keep it rolling. Meanwhile their place was under video and audio surveillance by the FBI. Thread reader on what the author calls an FBI 'White Nationalist Sitcom.'

David Hines on the arrest of members of The Base
First off, on The Base: a lot of people are claiming something I'm pretty sure they're getting wrong: that the Base was stopped from committing a mass shooting at the Richmond rally.

Here's a Vox reporter saying it, linking an AP article implying it. Lots of activists are saying it. But while the Base are unquestionably dangerous extremists with a ideology centered on violence, if you read the court docs, you get something different.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:55 pm

Say it ain't so! The Crying Nazi has been arrested. Again. :Jack:

'Feds Arrest "Crying Nazi" Chris Cantwell on Threat Charges'
Federal law enforcement agents arrested neo-Nazi leader Chris Cantwell in New Hampshire on Thursday, marking new legal trouble for one of the leaders at the deadly 2017 white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Cantwell, who became notorious after the rally as the “crying Nazi” profiled by Vice News, was arrested on two federal charges related to making interstate threats. Daily Beast contributor Seamus Hughes first reported a new indictment against Cantwell on Twitter. Cantwell could not be immediately reached for comment.

The charges against Cantwell related to an alleged attempt to pressure someone to reveal personal information about a Cantwell enemy, according to the indictment. In messages sent on Telegram, an encrypted messaging app that’s become a haven for white supremacists, Cantwell allegedly pressured someone to give up what’s described in the indictment as “personal identifying information” about a man known by the “on-line pseudonym ‘VM.’”

“So if you don’t want me to come and f*ck your wife in front of your kids, then you should make yourself scarce,” Cantwell allegedly wrote in a June 16 message. “Give me Vic, it’s your only out.”

This isn’t the first time Cantwell has been accused of making threats. Last July, Cantwell allegedly used Telegram to threaten a lawyer suing him over his actions in Charlottesville, calling the woman anti-Semitic slurs and claiming that he and his followers “would have a lot of fucking fun with her.” Cantwell has also been banned from Virginia for five years, after pleading guilty to assault charges related to the pepper-spraying of two activists.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:52 pm

Nice bloke.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:41 am

An interesting development.

'Neo-Nazi Rinaldo Nazzaro running US militant group The Base from Russia'
The American founder of US-based militant neo-Nazi group The Base is directing the organisation from Russia, a BBC investigation has found.

Rinaldo Nazzaro, 46, who uses the aliases "Norman Spear" and "Roman Wolf", left New York for St Petersburg less than two years ago.

The Base is a major counter terrorism focus for the FBI.

Seven alleged members were charged this month with various offences, including conspiracy to commit murder.

Court documents prepared by the FBI describe The Base as a "racially motivated violent extremist group" that "seeks to accelerate the downfall of the United States government, incite a race war, and establish a white ethno-state".

The group - founded around July 2018 - gains followers online, communicates using encrypted messaging applications, and encourages members to engage in paramilitary training.

The leader's real identity had long been a mystery.

However, multiple images and videos of Nazzaro - taken over several years in both the USA and Russia - show the man known to be The Base founder, who goes by the two aliases.

He has previously used photographs of himself when promoting the group online

Last year Nazzaro was listed as a guest at a Russian government security exhibition in Moscow, which "focused on the demonstration of the results of state policy and achievements".

A video posted online in March 2019 shows Nazzaro in Russia wearing a t-shirt bearing an image of President Vladimir Putin along with the words "Russia, absolute power".

A separate Guardian investigation has today also named Nazzaro as leader of The Base.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:39 am

Much of the current political power base in Russia, and the mood of a considerable proportion of its people, resonates with right-wing, racist memes...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:06 pm

This is the consequence of the PR system. This right wing upstart won two seats in the Second Chamber but as always just cant stop shooting themselves in the foot. He is an obnoxious little git and proves the very principle of direct PR.

Dutch rightwing leader under fire over false account of harassment
Train passengers refuted Thierry Baudet’s story of female friends being harassed by Moroccans

Dutch police are investigating whether the rightwing populist leader Thierry Baudet committed a criminal offence when he falsely claimed that two close female friends had been “seriously harassed by four Moroccans on a train”.

The founder of the Netherlands’ anti-immigration Forum for Democracy (FvD) party, one of several European far-right and nationalist leaders due to speak on Tuesday at a gathering in Rome, tweeted about the incident on Friday evening.

“Filing a complaint is of course totally pointless,” Baudet, a flamboyant former academic and columnist, tweeted. “Oh dear, childishly naive Dutch people! Vote now finally for change. Break free of this politically correct nonsense! Save this country. #FVD”
Ticket control is often carried out by four or five men together. They dont look your clean shaven men just stepped out of uniform and are extremely effective.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:29 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:52 pm
Nice bloke.
Most likely the result of a deep-seated inferiority complex.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4