"Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Re: "Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by Rum » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:33 am

8chan has now been taken down.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:37 am

"Closing the door..."
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:47 am

Best to shoot the horse as it bolts...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:44 am

Here's an interesting one for students of the Alt-Right's 'great replacement' conspiracy theory...

How Gay Icon Renaud Camus Became the Ideologue of White Supremacy
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:00 pm

A Reformed White Nationalist Says the Worst Is Yet to Come

Christian Picciolini discusses the mainstreaming of white nationalism, what it takes to de-radicalize far-right extremists, and why the problem is metastasizing.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... Dip8YseR1I
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:59 am

That's a grim read.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:45 pm

Those horrible people at the SPLC have doxxed a US government official who's been pushing the white nationalist agenda online and in person for years now. What about freedom of speech!!?

'U.S. State Department Official Involved in White Nationalist Movement, Hatewatch Determines'
A U.S. State Department official oversaw the Washington, D.C.-area chapter of a white nationalist organization, hosted white nationalists at his home and published white nationalist propaganda online, Hatewatch has determined.

“[Whites] need a country of our own with nukes, and we will retake this thing lickety split,” “Coach Finstock” said on a May 2018 episode of “The Fatherland,” a white nationalist podcast. “That’s all that we need. We need a country founded for white people with a nuclear deterrent. And you watch how the world trembles.”

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:13 pm

Hey, there's nothing illegal about agitating for a white ethnostate. We have to remember that there's good people on both sides.

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:17 pm

:lol: Forty Two may have sent this site off to Coventry, but we can be thankful that beforehand he donated such a wonderful rhetorical flourish.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:20 pm

I was born in Coventry, so I know exactly how significant that is. :tea:

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:04 pm

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:23 pm

Those insidious antifa are working overtime perpetrating the white supremacist hoax.

'Racial slurs and swastika found at scene of house explosion in Ohio, sheriff says'
Racial slurs and a swastika were found spray-painted on a garage at the scene of a house explosion in Ohio, officials said Wednesday.

Wayne County Sheriff's deputies and fire officials responded to a 911 call around 12:40 a.m. to find the home in Sterling, south of Cleveland, engulfed in flames, Sheriff Travis Hutchinson told reporters. The side of the home was blown out, the sheriff said.

Authorities believe the fire was intentionally set, he said. The incident is being investigated as a possible hate crime, the sheriff said.

An interracial couple lives in the home, according to CNN affiliate WOIO. But the house was unoccupied at the time of the explosion, the sheriff said.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:04 pm

The FBI, right-wing terrorism, and GOP interference.

Johnson, who led a six-person group at DHS’ Office of Intelligence and Analysis, began working on a report about the rise of right-wing extremism. It warned that white nationalists, antigovernment extremists and members of other far-right groups were seizing on the economic crisis and Obama’s ascension to recruit new members. Johnson was preparing to release his report when a similar study by the Missouri Information Analysis Center, meant for law-enforcement officers, was leaked to the public in February 2009. The paper, titled “The Modern Militia Movement,” linked members of these militias to fundamentalist Christian, anti-abortion or anti-immigration movements.

The report was pilloried by GOP groups and politicians for singling out conservatives as possible criminals. Missouri officials warned Johnson about the blowback he could expect for publishing a similar analysis. But Johnson, who describes himself as a conservative Republican, says he thought the DHS lawyers and editors who worked on the report would provide a layer of protection from GOP criticism. “I didn’t think the whole Republican Party would basically throw a hissy fit,” he recalls.
https://time.com/5647304/white-national ... 52s5NuFTfk
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:02 pm

Animavore wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:04 pm
The FBI, right-wing terrorism, and GOP interference.

Johnson, who led a six-person group at DHS’ Office of Intelligence and Analysis, began working on a report about the rise of right-wing extremism. It warned that white nationalists, antigovernment extremists and members of other far-right groups were seizing on the economic crisis and Obama’s ascension to recruit new members. Johnson was preparing to release his report when a similar study by the Missouri Information Analysis Center, meant for law-enforcement officers, was leaked to the public in February 2009. The paper, titled “The Modern Militia Movement,” linked members of these militias to fundamentalist Christian, anti-abortion or anti-immigration movements.

The report was pilloried by GOP groups and politicians for singling out conservatives as possible criminals.
Missouri officials warned Johnson about the blowback he could expect for publishing a similar analysis. But Johnson, who describes himself as a conservative Republican, says he thought the DHS lawyers and editors who worked on the report would provide a layer of protection from GOP criticism. “I didn’t think the whole Republican Party would basically throw a hissy fit,” he recalls.
https://time.com/5647304/white-national ... 52s5NuFTfk
In other words, the GOP and right-wing terrorists have the same goals, and only differ in their approach...
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:50 pm

A police union’s new video claims that “blue racism” against cops is more racist than actual racism
https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/8/2 ... SVUFcZTZII