"Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: "Alt-right" Still parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:06 am

America is like any other third world country when it comes to freedom of speech.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:26 am

I happen to agree with these bigots when they say that they aren't 'alt-right.' (I expect that some of them actually are, but a peculiar focus on anti-gay zealotry is much narrower than the xenophobic hate-peddling of the alt-right.)

What's described in the article are homophobes who, like the alt-right, feel empowered in Trump's America to push their agenda more vocally and in some cases violently. Like the alt-right, their days in the sun will eventually come to an end. I think it's inevitable--the majority of the country is leaving that shit behind. They can indoctrinate their sons and daughters, but their reach is limited and the majority of younger people in the US have rejected their archaic doctrines of ignorance and hatred.

'How the Catholic "alt-right" aims to purge LGBTQ members from the church'
The call for action against the "Forces of Organized Perversion" landed in the inboxes of conservative Roman Catholics across the country just before Election Day.

“Have you had enough?” activist Randy Engel wrote in a column that first appeared on the conservative website RenewAmerica.com. “Or will you wait until the Homosexual Collective’s hobnail boot is pressed on the neck of your prone body or that of your child or grandchild before reacting?”

“Cast your vote for God, family, and nation,” she wrote.

Many Catholics say they are worried that activists like Engel are the vanguard of a new offensive by ultra-conservative Catholic groups that see the growing acceptance of LGBTQ Catholics by Pope Francis and other reformers as a mortal threat to their church.

Websites like Church Militant, LifeSite News and the Lepanto Institute are ratcheting up the rhetoric while replacing polite and prayerful discourse with personal attacks on supporters of gay Catholics, they say.

Meanwhile, anti-gay activists have increasingly been disrupting gatherings of LGBTQ Catholics and their supporters, a phenomenon first reported by the National Catholic Reporter. Just this month, a group of Dominican nuns in suburban Milwaukee hired security guards to keep more than two dozen anti-gay protesters off their property where they were hosting a retreat for gay clergy.

Fordham University theologian Jason Steidl has coined a name for them.

“I call them the 'Catholic alt-right,'” Steidl told NBC News. “We haven’t seen anything like this before. I think they are part of a bigger cultural movement. These people have hitched their wagons to Trump’s presidency, to his tactics.”

Michael Voris, who heads Church Militant, rejected the label "Catholic alt-right," calling it “non-applicable and stupid.” He said all they are doing is vocally defending their faith and see President Donald Trump as an ally. He once compared Trump to Constantine, the first Roman emperor to convert to Christianity.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:01 am

So, pussy grabbing is a legit thing for the new catholic emperor of the US?

(I guess the main thing is that suggests he's not gay...)
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:29 am

Mike Pence, the 'born-again evangelical Catholic' with a solid track record, is probably closer to what they'd like.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:26 am

Randy Engel needs to get out of the closet and come to terms with who he really is.

:tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:35 pm

Are the group 'Antifa' considered 'Alt-right'?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:53 pm

technically, they describe themselves as leftist, at least here
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:42 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:35 pm
Are the group 'Antifa' considered 'Alt-right'?
What an idiotic suggestion. The name gives the clue - it is a contraction of "anti-fascist"... :roll:

Which is not to say that I think they are beyond reproach. From what I've read, some of their members are a little to quick to indulge in non-defensive violence, and they do have a bit of a macho, street-fighter aura, which would appeal to some individuals...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:02 pm

Alt-right in one hand, anti-fa in the other, see which one fills up first.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:31 am

laklak wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:02 pm
Alt-right in one hand, anti-fa in the other, see which one fills up first.
Is one prone to wearing masks?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:22 pm

FBI now classifies far-right Proud Boys as 'extremist group', documents say
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... MjpfRC2FAo
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:45 pm

I understand that you feel obligated to go to secondary sources for information, but it wasn't hard at all to find their own words. Here are some...
Though these are our central tenets, all that is required to become a Proud Boy is that a man declare he is “a Western chauvinist who refuses to apologize for creating the modern world.” We do not discriminate based upon race or sexual orientation/preference. We are not an “ism”, “ist”, or “phobic” that fits the Left’s narrative. We truly believe that the West Is The Best and welcome those who believe in the same tenets as us.
So they MAY be 'extremist', whatever that means, but they are not what they are reported to be. Just one teeny example, the organizer is often accused of being a racist. His wife and kids are a different race than him, so the accusations lose a bit of respect.

Are you upset because you were denied membership, Animavore? Or just looking around for something to be offended by?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:36 pm

Another Trump-supporting, Alt-Right dickhead gets served.
The founder of the far-right “Proud Boys” group was denied a visa to tour Australia after failing the character test, ABC News Australia reported Friday.

Gavin McInnes, who also co-founded Vice Media, applied for a visa to visit the country next year for “The Deplorables” tour, a speaking tour with British far-right activist Tommy Robinson.

He was reportedly notified several weeks ago that his visa was denied because he was found to be of bad character. The window for him to appeal the Home Affairs Department’s decision closed on Friday, ABC News Australia reported.

Immigration Minister David Coleman reportedly banned McInnes from traveling to the country out of fear his presence would promote violence.
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... O4lOBc0s_o

Actions; meet Consequences.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:54 pm

If you aren't allowed to read the proud boys site, I can spoonfeed it to you. I suspect though, that it wouldn't matter what they said of themselves. Your bosses in government and media have already ruled.

Of course, if you are going to take the word of everyone BUT them, I'll just do the same with you.

Some guy said that everything you wrote here was paid for by a political party. I'll keep believing it as firmly as you claim to believe the media claims about Proud Boys.

Fair enough, no?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:01 pm

Animavore wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:22 pm
FBI now classifies far-right Proud Boys as 'extremist group', documents say
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... MjpfRC2FAo
McInnes has just been denied a visa to enter Australia. Good stuff, feds!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.